2019-2020 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have heard great things about this school which pains me as I withdraw my interview invite. Hope it goes to one of you and goodluck on your road to medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Of the accepted people, is anyone going to the MU-COM DOCTOR Series thing?

Accepted but have not heard of this before. Couldn't find any additional details about this online either. Is this a lecture series for admitted students??

Accepted but have not heard of this before. Couldn't find any additional details about this online either. Is this a lecture series for admitted students??
It is on the portal. It is a 2 day event about the school I think. We have to RSVP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Per the latest email they are reviewing the alternate list today and once again in May. Today they plan on accepting 6-10 students.

Update: it got canceled due to covid-19! They said they will be posting all the powerpoints we would’ve seen, so you were right lol, it turned into a lecture series!

Congratz!! :) When did you get the call? Looking forward to getting the call next time.

Same. Got a call from an insurance salesman at 1:10 and then a call from an unfamiliar area code at 1:30. Disappointed to say the least lol. Was hoping they'd give more notice on this review like they did on the last one, didn't get my letter in in time.

• Haha
Same. Got a call from an insurance salesman at 1:10 and then a call from an unfamiliar area code at 1:30. Disappointed to say the least lol. Was hoping they'd give more notice on this review like they did on the last one, didn't get my letter in in time.

I'm on the same boat, wish I would have submitted the letter sooner. We still have May so here's to staying hopeful! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I've been invited for an interview this Friday and will be unable to attend. If anyone was hoping for a earlier interview, a spot should be opening up. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't DMU better than MU-COM?
Statistically, it is a better school for stats / established and it is the second oldest DO school. DMU is definitely one of the top DO schools. I felt that MU was a better fit for me due to other factors.

Hello all! I've been invited for an interview this Friday and will be unable to attend. If anyone was hoping for a earlier interview, a spot should be opening up. Good luck!
mine is this Saturday but I will not be attending as well.

Super bummed that I didn’t get a call today. I have other acceptances but this is where I wanted to attend. Fingers crossed for May I guess

Update: it got canceled due to covid-19! They said they will be posting all the powerpoints we would’ve seen, so you were right lol, it turned into a lecture series!

Amazing haha. Thank you!!

Hey everyone so I am interviewing this Saturday and was wondering about how traffic will be in the am with the Big 10 tourney going on. I'm staying at a hotel about 30 minutes away from Marian's campus. How early would you advise leaving in the am?

Hey everyone so I am interviewing this Saturday and was wondering about how traffic will be in the am with the Big 10 tourney going on. I'm staying at a hotel about 30 minutes away from Marian's campus. How early would you advise leaving in the am?
Also, is it expensive to uber? OR would you advise renting a car?

Also, is it expensive to uber? OR would you advise renting a car?

I spent maybe 60 bucks in ubers (to airbnb, leaving airbnb to school, ride to airport from school). I stayed near broad ripple.

Just curious, how is MU-COM doing with COVID 19 for student who are in years 1/2 and then 3/4, are students in years 3 and 4 still on clinical rotations??

Just curious, how is MU-COM doing with COVID 19 for student who are in years 1/2 and then 3/4, are students in years 3 and 4 still on clinical rotations??
Pre-clinical is all online right now. Rotations are continuing for some depending on site and what the actual rotation is. One of our large clinical sites did cancel rotations though and they are currently trying to come up with some online curriculum to ensure graduation requirements are met.

Is there a groupme for accepted students around?

Anyone interviewing in April hear if the interviews have been postponed or canceled? I reached out but haven't heard anything.

Anyone interviewing in April hear if the interviews have been postponed or canceled? I reached out but haven't heard anything.
I believe many of the faculty and staff are working remotely over the next two weeks. Not sure how the interviews have been impacted.

Hi anyone receive their financial aid packets yet?

Has anyone seen the presentations that were supposed to be shown at Accepted Student Day in their portal?

Has anyone seen the presentations that were supposed to be shown at Accepted Student Day in their portal?
I just checked this morning and haven’t seen them posted yet. I imagine they just haven’t gotten to post them, which is no big deal. I’m sure within the next week or so they will be up.

I had a virtual interview via zoom.
Do you mind sharing where you did your interview? For example were you in your bedroom or did you go to a library or someplace like that?

Do you mind sharing where you did your interview? For example were you in your bedroom or did you go to a library or someplace like that?

I was in my basement lmao

Reactions: 2 users
@MU COM when will we be sent the powerpoints from the second look as well as the detailed match list for this year?
They usually take a while to get a match list out and from the external ones I've seen in the past they aren't that detailed. I do know we had like a 95% match and 100% placement and so far almost all I've spoken with have gotten their #1.

Was just placed on alternate list and I interviewed 3/14.

For those that have been accepted, a detailed match list was indeed release on the portal!! :) Along with the powerpoint from the DOctor series, already gave us the date for out first test (lol yikes)

anyone have any housing options apartment complexes for new students ?

anyone have any housing options apartment complexes for new students ?

Hi Aurora,
Attached is a document our current 3rd years created with apartments they live(ed) in. This is a year or so old, so the prices may be a little different, but it should be a good start for you. We will add this to the accepted student portal as well.

Attachments

• Housing Options.pdf
    335.6 KB · Views: 175