2019-2020 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed this week and one of my interviewers was on his phone nearly the whole time. Thoughts? Trying to give the benefit of the doubt as he was a physician and maybe on call, but I did spend a lot of money to be there and it rubbed me wrong...
I also had a very rude/antagonistic interviewer who was on his phone for half the time when I came here a few months ago, which seemed very unlike other people's experience. I'm still considering to send an anonymous (and respectful) email to the admissions office letting them know about his interviewing style.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also had a very rude/antagonistic interviewer who was on his phone for half the time when I came here a few months ago, which seemed very unlike other people's experience. I'm still considering to send an anonymous (and respectful) email to the admissions office letting them know about his interviewing style.

Any thoughts?
Hm this is something I considered too, but not anonymous. As someone lucky to have a few acceptances right now, I realize I am in a privileged position to send such an email.

and to those saying it may be seeing how I deal with confrontation or whatever the reason may be, the interviewer is tasked with representing the school and therefore when a student has a choice they then get some power back and therefore it’s not a good model. Also, a quick sorry I am on call or fill in the blank would have sufficed, and not interrupting everytime I answer a question to change the subject is important? I will not be attending and will be pulling my acceptance. Good luck to others! Hope you had a better experience.

Reactions: 2 users
Hm this is something I considered too, but not anonymous. As someone lucky to have a few acceptances right now, I realize I am in a privileged position to send such an email.

and to those saying it may be seeing how I deal with confrontation or whatever the reason may be, the interviewer is tasked with representing the school and therefore when a student has a choice they then get some power back and therefore it’s not a good model. Also, a quick sorry I am on call or fill in the blank would have sufficed, and not interrupting everytime I answer a question to change the subject is important? I will not be attending and will be pulling my acceptance. Good luck to others! Hope you had a better experience.
I believe you and @d10629039 should definitely send an email or a call and report the interviewer! And I don't think there's any point in making it anonymous assuming you've already heard back and are not on the WL. It is disrespectful and unprofessional and even if it is a test to see how an interviewee deals with confrontation (that's a pretty dumb thing to do and unlikely in my personal opinion), one of the appropriate, confrontational things to do in such a case would be to send an email to the admissions office. I hope you do report it as this is how changes occur. And congrats on your other acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe you and @d10629039 should definitely send an email or a call and report the interviewer! And I don't think there's any point in making it anonymous assuming you've already heard back and are not on the WL. It is disrespectful and unprofessional and even if it is a test to see how an interviewee deals with confrontation (that's a pretty dumb thing to do and unlikely in my personal opinion), one of the appropriate, confrontational things to do in such a case would be to send an email to the admissions office. I hope you do report it as this is how changes occur. And congrats on your other acceptances!
I agree! They are very, very receptive at UVA and want to improve wherever they can

pre-ii R this morning :( oh well haha

Does anyone know UVA's policy on the "Plan to Enroll" tool? Do I have to select it under threat of having the A withdrawn? But I don't want to select it in case other schools see and count me out...

Haven't heard back since going complete in August. Called the admissions office and was told that interviews will be ending on Tuesday, so I'm guessing that's an R.

• Sad
Does anyone know UVA's policy on the "Plan to Enroll" tool? Do I have to select it under threat of having the A withdrawn? But I don't want to select it in case other schools see and count me out...
It's my understanding that schools can only see aggregate numbers until April 30, so UVA is not able to tell whether you specifically have selected PTE until that point, and other schools will not be able to see that you selected PTE someplace else either (and after that point, you should only be holding one acceptance that you PTE'd and possibly waitlists).

I suggest you read the instructions on the Choose Your School tool, it will clear up your questions.

No school will withdraw an acceptance because of anything you select prior to 30 April, and then only if you’ve chosen “Commit” to another school, which effectively withdraws all other applications.

Choose Your School Tool

Did anyone get an email from UVA saying their background check and everything was satisfactory or anything? Are we supposed to receive any type of communication from the school after we release our certiphi background check?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an email from UVA saying their background check and everything was satisfactory or anything? Are we supposed to receive any type of communication from the school after we release our certiphi background check?
Did you read through your certiphi report?

You see the same stuff the school does.

If there’s nothing on your background check to worry about I can’t imagine the school would contact you.

Did you read through your certiphi report?

You see the same stuff the school does.

If there’s nothing on your background check to worry about I can’t imagine the school would contact you.
Just making sure i wasnt missing any emails, but thanks!

Sorry if I misunderstood!

I haven’t received any emails other than the Certiphi ones.
Certiphi will automatically send the background report right? I got the email that it was complete and didn’t take any further steps. Also I don’t remember paying any certiphi any money. Was it free?

Certiphi will automatically send the background report right? I got the email that it was complete and didn’t take any further steps. Also I don’t remember paying any certiphi any money. Was it free?
Yeah its free. They notify you when it’s been completed, give you the opportunity to review or put it on hold, and then send it automatically in ten days if they don’t hear from ya.

For those of you going to second look, are you planning on staying both Friday and Saturday nights?

Since my decision is tomorrow I’m gonna send thank yous this weekend so it doesn’t seem like a suck up move. Thank you all!!

ACCEPTANCE JUST NOW !! just interviewed monday. crazzzy

• Wow
Hello guys. Anyone know how many people get waitlisted or how likely someone is to get off the list?

Does anyone know when finaid/scholarships come out?

For people going to Second Look, are y'all wearing business casual both days or just Saturday?

Has anyone else received fin aid info? I'm assuming I just have to wait until Second look if I haven't heard yet...
I called, and the fin aid office told me that if you fill out the fin aid stuff with the account info they sent, you should get it soon even if you do it now, but at the latest by the April 30 deadline.

Just got off the phone with the Admissions Office - no plans to cancel at the moment

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the email about them cancelling second look & making it virtual

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users