2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Seton Hill)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m a current first year at seton hill! I seriously cannot emphasise this enough and I’m sure you’ve heard this already: ENJOY YOUR TIME NOT IN SCHOOL
Pre studying in my opinion is completely pointless. Soak up this time with your kids and your friends/other family because in a few short months you’ll be living at campus, lol. I would say making sure you know how to effectively study is more important than anything else. Also I did the boot camp; I personally did not find it that helpful, because it’s basically pre recorded lectures from our anatomy class that make very little sense out of context. Just my opinion though!
IF you really want to spend some time looking at things, I would start looking at anatomy. Histology and Embryology are the first two classes you’ll take, however they’re one credit classes and it’s best to just wait for the class material because that’s all you’ll need to pass them.
Anatomy is a completely different beast and is absolutely brutal. So if it’s something you feel shaky on, then it’s worth starting to look over now. There’s plenty of anki decks floating around that can help with anatomy.
Don’t even worry about trying to study anything PBL related because PBL doesn’t even fully start till anatomy is done and you won’t know what to even look at till your group picks your learning issues haha.
To summarise though: try to keep studying very very light. Burnout is very real and WILL hit you like a wall lol
You can feel free to message me if you want to talk about seton hill!
Also a first year and 100% agree with all of this!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my A good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A! Info session on 2/23.

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 2/15 at SH and just got a portal update today (3/23) with a 14 day notification but no email. do they usually send an email with acceptance or am is it likely a waitlist/rejection? portal says Erie application is still under review also so not sure what to make of that

interviewed 2/15 at SH and just got a portal update today (3/23) with a 14 day notification but no email. do they usually send an email with acceptance or am is it likely a waitlist/rejection? portal says Erie application is still under review also so not sure what to make of that
By any chance did you also get a phone call from them? I interviewed around the same time as you, no portal update, but I did get a phone call this morning asking "if I was still interested"

By any chance did you also get a phone call from them? I interviewed around the same time as you, no portal update, but I did get a phone call this morning asking "if I was still interested"
nope i didn’t get a phone call but i did call the admissions office myself the other day to inquire about an expected decision date so maybe that was a factor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it just me or does Rachel never respond to emails... frustrating

Hey! Does anybody know if there is an accepted students group chat or something? If so, can someone swing the link

I know 😭 she must be so swamped though I can’t even imagine
Is it just me or does Rachel never respond to emails... frustrating
I found out why... after calling this morning I learned Rachel does not work there anymore. All her emails are now being forwarded to Erie. They are probably so busy! Poor things :(

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I found out why... after calling this morning I learned Rachel does not work there anymore. All her emails are now being forwarded to Erie. They are probably so busy! Poor things :(
omg what. I feel like that should've been communicated...??? Who do we email now then? ahhh

Okay I had to call and get my decision letter emailed be because i received nothing in the mail. Alternate list. Does anyone know if there’s a difference between waitlist and alternate list? and has there been any movement?

Okay I had to call and get my decision letter emailed be because i received nothing in the mail. Alternate list. Does anyone know if there’s a difference between waitlist and alternate list? and has there been any movement?
I believe there is a difference! I called the erie admissions about it and they said there is a difference. Waitlist gets priority and once they get through the waitlist, they go through alternate list.

I believe there is a difference! I called the erie admissions about it and they said there is a difference. Waitlist gets priority and once they get through the waitlist, they go through alternate list.
you might be right! I was waitlist and got off the waitlist last week. There’s already some movement :)

Congrats!!! Did you send a letter of intent?
Thanks and yeah. I did a month and a half ago after I got waitlisted. They called a few weeks after asking if I was still interested in holding my waitlist spot and then they called again last week asking if I was still interested in “proceeding with the admissions process” or something like that lol. Def send a letter of intent though

This was the first I heard back from them so I think it was a regular A. I never received any WL or AL email.
Oh awesome that is amazing! I apologize for assuming. Congratulations, again!!

Did anyone who received an email about LECOM'S MMS session while waiting for their decision receive an acceptance later?

I don't know what to do at this point. My info session was first week of December and they still haven't sent anything or updated the portal. I called them and they said it was probably in my spam, I told them it wasn't and they suggested I email admissions. So I did about a week ago and I still have not received anything. This is so unprofessional.

• Care
Anyone from the 3/22 info session get an update?
Not yet, still checking the portal on a daily basis but it still says the "Congratulations, you have been selected for an interview" prompt. Fingers and toes crossed for both of us!!🤞

• Care