2020-2021 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview on Feb 26. This is after Texas match... why does the school have interview dates after the match?
Match day is on March 5 this year

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I am a Texas resident
That is really weird to be honest. I don't know how I would go about a situation like that, since the due date for rankings is on Feb 19. May want to ask the admissions office about that.

Reactions: 1 user
That is really weird to be honest. I don't know how I would go about a situation like that, since the due date for rankings is on Feb 19. May want to ask the admissions office about that.
Okay thank you for your help!

I know of some people (TX res.) a couple years back that received their interviews after ranks were due & after match day (to TCOM, specifically) and either got on the waitlist or were accepted like how traditional acceptances are done (not with the match system). Good luck!

I know of some people (TX res.) a couple years back that received their interviews after ranks were due & after match day (to TCOM, specifically) and either got on the waitlist or were accepted like how traditional acceptances are done (not with the match system). Good luck!
That’s reassuring, thank you so much!

I interview this Friday and am OOS so I don't need to do this match thing through TMDSAS, correct? Matching is a completely new concept to me as a non TX-res lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Friday interview Cancelled. Thank you reliable Texas power grid :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I am OOS as well! Will we hear back on acceptance/rejection on March 5th, or do decisions come before then? I’m new to the TMDSAS system
You will probably hear back around the same time, but millions of Texans have no electricity right now and I'm not sure whether the SHSU school offices have power.
OOS applicants aren't part of the match system and will be notified separately, probably by email, and not with a message on the TMDSAS portal.

PSA from SHSU Admissions:

“As you all are aware, Texas is experiencing power outages of varying lengths across the state. Due to the impacts, the outage may have on you as our applicant, TMDSAS will be delaying the Match ranking deadline to Monday, February 22nd at 5:00 pm.”

So if you haven’t ranked your schools yet do so soon!

• Love
Has there been any update regarding the cancelled 2/19 interview?

I’m a Texas resident and I interviewed on 2/26. Am I still a part of the Texas match process?

Any current students willing to answer a couple questions? I’d love to PM you!

Since SHSU is under pre-accreditation, does that mean federal financial aid is not available? Can anyone confirm this? Has the school said what private lenders are available? Thanks

I also interviewed on the 26th and wasn't able to rank SHSU what should I do?
Hi guys, instead of making you all PM me I will post what I was able to find out:

I was able to get some feedback on this issue from someone at Texas Health Education Service/ TMDSAS.

It is out of the ordinary for a school to schedule an interview after the Match Rank deadline. Probably SHSU being new and having a late app cycle their first year caused some confusion.
SHSU told TMDSAS that the people they have invited to interview on 2/26 have had no other TMDSAS interviews.
What TMDSAS has decided to do for you guys is this:
Since your interview was after the rank deadline and it is your only TMDSAS interview, SHSU will automatically be listed as your #1 choice.

Reactions: 7 users
I am interviewing on 3/5, could I PM anybody for interview tips and questions for this school?

Does anyone know what time they send out acceptances tomorrow for the match? Is it at midnight or in the morning?

Does anyone know what time they send out acceptances tomorrow for the match? Is it at midnight or in the morning?
8am tomorrow morning! best of luck everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Didn’t match. Congrats to all that did! You will be amazing doctors!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Didn’t match. Congrats to all that did! You will be amazing doctors!
Does it say you didn't match? I interviewed on the 26th but I don't see the tab for me to check. Does that mean I did not match?

Does anyone know when OOS students will receive decision letters?

Does it say you didn't match? I interviewed on the 26th but I don't see the tab for me to check. Does that mean I did not match?
Check it out on the TMDSAS website where you submitted rankings.

No Texas Match, moving forward with OOS school. There is always waitlist movement, however.

No match and it was my only interview.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Check it out on the TMDSAS website where you submitted rankings.
I never submitted rankings bc this was the only school I interviewed at and the interview was after rankings were due

• Care