2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent out my secondary yesterday. Really looking forward to hear something back!

Does anybody know if William Carey sends out secondaries/IIs before LORs are submitted? A couple of my professors are dragging their feet.

Does anybody know if William Carey sends out secondaries/IIs before LORs are submitted? A couple of my professors are dragging their feet.

Answering my own question in case anybody else is wondering - got my secondary today and I’m still missing two LORs.

Reactions: 1 users
Recent graduate. PM any questions. Happy to help in any way I can.

Reactions: 2 users
Just now received my secondary application invitation! Huge props to the school for not having a secondary application fee lol.

Reactions: 1 user
WCUCOM 2020 Match List from Grad Ceremony

Anesthesiology
USF Morsani GME, Brooksville, FL
UT Houston, Houston, TX
Indiana University SOM, Indianapolis, IN

Internal Medicine
LSU Lafyette, Lafayette, LA x2
Detroit Medical Center/WSU, Detroit, MI
Baptist Memorial Hospital, Jonesboro, AR
LSU New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
HCA Houston Healthcare, Houston, TX x 3
UAMS Fayetteville, Fayetteville, AR
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
New York Presbyterian Hospital, Queens, NY
University of Missouri, Columbia, MOx2
Baton Rouge General Medical Center/Tulane, Baton Rouge, LA x2
USF Morsani GME, Brandon, FL
Sovah Health, Danville, VA
Skagitt Regional Health, Mount Vernon, WA
UTHSC, Tyler, TX x4
Memorial Health University Medical Center/Mercer University, Savannah, GA
Merit Health Wesley, Hattiesburg, MSx2

EM
Henry Ford Allegiance, Jackson, MI
UMMC, Jackson, MS x2
Mercy Health Muskogeen, Muskogeen, MI
UCF Gainesville, Gainesville FL
Newark Beth Isreal Medical Center, Newark, NJ
Leigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA
PBCGME, Port St Lucie, FL
Christus Health/Texas A&M, Corpus Christie, TX

Peds
Our Lady of the Lake, Baton Rouge,LA
University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
Oklahoma State, Tulsa, OK
University of New Mexico SOM, Albuquerque NM
University of Tennessee COM, Chattanooga, TN
University of Louisville SOM, Louisville, KY

Family Med
UTSW, Dallas, TX
UTHSC Tyler, Tyler, TX
UMMC, Jackson, MS
UAMS Pine Bluff, Pine Bluff, ARx2
Medical City Forth Worth, Fort Worth, TX x2
University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
NMMC, Tupelo, MS
University of Oklahoma, Tulsa,OK
NMMC, Tupelo, MS
LSU, Kenner, LA
Forest General Hospital, Hattiesburg, MS
Oklahoma state, Tulsa, OK
University of Arkansas Medial School, Texarkana, AR x2
LSU Bogulossa, Bogulosa, LA x2
Cabaha Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
MS regional Education, Greenville, MS
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
Advent Health Orlando, Orlando, FL
St Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK
University of Wyoming, Casper, WY
EC Healthnet, Meridian, MSx2
Northeast regional Medical Center, Kirksville, MO

Path
UTMB, Galveston, TX

Gen Surgery
UMMC, Jackson, MSx2
Spartanburg regional Healthcare, Spartanburg, SC
Henry Ford Allegiance, Jackson, MI
Brookwood Baptist Health, Birmingham, AL
HCA Medical City Healthcare, Arlington, TX
UT San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Kendall Regional Medical Center, Miami, FL

Urology
Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston WV

Diagnostic Radiology
Aultman Hospital, Canton, OH
UAMS, Little Rock, AR

ONMM
Greenbier Valley Medical Center, Ronceverte, WV

TRI
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Fort Belvoir, VA
Regional Medical Center Bayontte Point, Hudson, FL
Inspira Health Network, Vineland, NJ

PM&R
UAMS, Little Rock, AR x2
UAB, Birmingham, AL

Psych
UMMC, Jackson, MS
UTHSC, Tyler, TX

Trauma Research Fellowship
Hurley Medical Center/MSU, Flint, MI

Neurology
UMMC, Jackson, MS
Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles, CA
Ascension McComb Warren, Warren, MI

OBGYN
Texas Tech Amarillo , Amarillo, TX
Henry Ford McComb, Clinton Township, MI x2

Rad Onc
Mayo Clinic Arizona, Phoenix, AZ

Med/Peds
University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL

Overall placement rate was 98%. 4 graduates didn’t participate in match and are taking a research year

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
haven't received secondary yet verified 7/1

Anyone hear back after submitting their secondaries?

Anyone hear back after submitting their secondaries?
yes, I submitted my secondary today and heard back an hour later telling me my application is complete and under review.

I submitted by primary on 06/18 and still haven't received my secondary?? Any one in the same situation as me??

I submitted by primary on 06/18 and still haven't received my secondary?? Any one in the same situation as me??
You may have been screened out. I submitted my primary and got verified in July and received my secondary about a week ago!

Can anyone post the prompts?

The Mission of the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM) is to prepare men and women to become osteopathic physicians through an emphasis on primary care, lifelong learning, research and scholarly activities, and service, including osteopathic clinical service, and graduate medical education. Using a community-based training model, the COM will educate and train graduates who are committed to serving the healthcare needs of all individuals, with special attention directed to the medically underserved and diverse populations of the state, region, nation and across the globe.
In the space below (not to exceed 500 words), please explain how your ambitions and career plans will help WCUCOM fulfill this mission.

The Mission of the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM) is to prepare men and women to become osteopathic physicians through an emphasis on primary care, lifelong learning, research and scholarly activities, and service, including osteopathic clinical service, and graduate medical education. Using a community-based training model, the COM will educate and train graduates who are committed to serving the healthcare needs of all individuals, with special attention directed to the medically underserved and diverse populations of the state, region, nation and across the globe.
In the space below (not to exceed 500 words), please explain how your ambitions and career plans will help WCUCOM fulfill this mission.

Much appreciated friend!

Submitted primary on 6/15 and haven't received secondary. From what I've read above and past threads, they could still send secondaries later in the cycle?

decided to add WCU just right now!

how long did it take for y'all to get a secondary? i've been verified since 6/6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondary submitted 7/7. Email advising completion and under review 7/14. Now we wait and hope.

Does WCUCOM require CASPER this year? For those of you who received secondaries how long did it take you guys to finish them and send them back? I know the golden rule is a maximum of 2 weeks, but what if it takes you 2.5-3 weeks max?

Does WCUCOM require CASPER this year? For those of you who received secondaries how long did it take you guys to finish them and send them back? I know the golden rule is a maximum of 2 weeks, but what if it takes you 2.5-3 weeks max?

if it makes you feel any better their secondary is very short so it really should only take you a few days but they are very kind and understanding so I'm sure 2.5-3 week would be okay.

if it makes you feel any better their secondary is very short so it really should only take you a few days but they are very kind and understanding so I'm sure 2.5-3 week would be okay.

What about the CASPER requirement? Are they requiring it this year? Thanks.

do they pre-screen? I got my secondary already but their average mcat is on the lower side so I didn't think they had a hard cutoff
from what I've read on previous threads it sounds like they do a hard holistic screening for secondaries

i submitted my primary here last Sunday afternoon and received a secondary early Monday morning.

unless they work SUPER super fast, i doubt they conduct a holistic screen.

i submitted my primary here last Sunday afternoon and received a secondary early Monday morning.

unless they work SUPER super fast, i doubt they conduct a holistic screen.

My science gpa is just under 3.4 so I wouldn’t want to get screened out

Anybody know if they require CASPER?

Anybody know if they require CASPER?
was wondering the same thing since i saw WCU on the list where you select the schools to send your results to..

however, i received a complete email w/ out sending in the results so i don’t think they require it..

Last edited by a moderator:
My science gpa is just under 3.4 so I wouldn’t want to get screened out

I got a secondary with an undergrad science GPA <3.0, graduate science GPA >3.5, and combined science GPA <3.2. You should be fine.

Reactions: 2 users
was wondering the same thing since i saw WCU on the list where you select the schools to send your results to..

however, i received a complete email w/ out sending out in the results so i don’t think they require it..

Don’t know if it is an absolute requirement, but they are one of the schools affiliated with CASper and I was able to select the school to send the test results to them.

Don’t know if it is an absolute requirement, but they are one of the schools affiliated with CASper and I was able to select the school to send the test results to them.
ahh, i see.

i just went through their admissions website & saw no mention of CASper so i’m gonna assume it is not a requirement. to be on the safe side, i’m going to email them to reassure lol

ahh, i see.

i just went through their admissions website & saw no mention of CASper so i’m gonna assume it is not a requirement. to be on the safe side, i’m going to email them to reassure lol

Can you please update us once you find out what they say? Thank you so much.