2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any acceptances today?

Members don't see this ad.

Literally just the stethoscope.

I bought everything, and it’s a huge waste of money. Not sure what’s included now, but our kit came with the panoptic. Literally day 1, the professor pulled his panoptic out and said “this is a great tool but leave it at home. We will never use it.”

Granted, I’m now a neurologist.
Thanks, Doc :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if any current students would be able to answer some questions ?

Heading into my fourth year here. I bought everything, but only ever used the stethoscope. Any otoscope or ophthalmoscope you’ll ever need will be hanging on the wall in the rooms like any normal doctor’s office. All the extra stuff just gathers dust at home.
Do you think COVID changed this or no? Like, because of the fear of contamination do they expect us not to share?

Literally just the stethoscope.

I bought everything, and it’s a huge waste of money. Not sure what’s included now, but our kit came with the panoptic. Literally day 1, the professor pulled his panoptic out and said “this is a great tool but leave it at home. We will never use it.”

Granted, I’m now a neurologist.
so do we need to buy all the materials on the supplies list? the 2nd years are saying all that is required, but if ur telling me u never used any of the extra stuff idk if there's a point to purchase all that rn

so do we need to buy all the materials on the supplies list? the 2nd years are saying all that is required, but if ur telling me u never used any of the extra stuff idk if there's a point to purchase all that rn
just get the stethoscope and if they end up telling us that we'll actually be using the other stuff, then just buy the stuff off amazon and it'll ship within a couple days.

Members don't see this ad :)

I’ve posted my opinion on the matter multiple times now.

any current students have any recs on student loan companies? not sure where to start looking or which ones might be good for med school

Just gave up my seat, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
I am accepted!! from the alternate list. Finally. I am so happy!!

Reactions: 2 users
if any female is still looking for housing pls message me i have a great 2/2 apartment at longpoint

I’m still on the waitlist, but had a quick question! Do any of the accepted students know when the days for orientation and first day of classes are? Trying to see the last day possible to hear back from the waitlist. Is it July31st?

I’m still on the waitlist, but had a quick question! Do any of the accepted students know when the days for orientation and first day of classes are? Trying to see the last day possible to hear back from the waitlist. Is it July31st?
Orientation is Aug. 2-3. First day of classes is Aug. 4th

Declined my acceptance, hope it goes to anyone that has been eagerly waiting! Good luck and all the best!

Reactions: 1 users
if any female is still looking for housing pls message me i have a great 2/2 apartment at longpoint
I’m deferring and have an 2BED 2Bath apt in Breckinridge! I was rooming with a girl in this coming class also. Please let me know if you’re interested! $650 with electricity, water, and tenant insurance included. Lease starts 7/13/2021 to 7/27/2022

I had the incredible opportunity of meeting Dr. Weir recently. The people, student body and staff are all so nice. However, I got accepted to another school in my state (my top choice). And I will be rescinding my spot at WCUCOM. Hope it goes to one of you! I am happy to be a part of someone else`s WL movement! :)

Anyone get a confirmation after withdrawing their seat?
I emailed Ms. Day and Dr. Weir. Got no response and then I emailed Ms. Wedgeworth after getting advice from one of the people from this group. And she confirmed the withdrawal right away. She is super responsive if you want to email her.

How much waitlist movement do you gals/guys think will still happen here? I’m still pretty far down the waitlist ( my rank is 25+). I also have a back up post bac move plans in another state that is hours away from MS. I’m trying to assess my chances at William Carey.

How much waitlist movement do you gals/guys think will still happen here? I’m still pretty far down the waitlist ( my rank is 25+). I also have a back up post bac move plans in another state that is hours away from MS. I’m trying to assess my chances at William Carey.

You’re still 25+ to this day? Or that’s where you started off?

nice stats man I really hope you get in! Orientation is still about 2 weeks so hopefully there's still hope for an A for you
Thanks! Staying positive for now, but prepping for a reapp and also a linkage smp! So let’s see how it plays out!

Would any one who is currently attending or has attended William Carey, be so kind as to offer any advice on how to prepare for 1st semester. I would greatly appreciate any advice. I am especially interested in any one who may have advice on how to acquire cheap housing that is close by on short notice. I would ideally love to live on campus, however, I am assuming that there is probably no campus housing available at this point in time. Lastly, can any one recommend me a good company to utilize to wire transfer the $1000 deposit!!!!

Any input from any body would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:
Would any one who is currently attending or has attended William Carey, be so kind as to offer any advice on how to prepare for 1st semester. I would greatly appreciate any advice. I am especially interested in any one who may have advice on how to acquire cheap housing that is close by on short notice. I would ideally love to live on campus, however, I am assuming that there is probably no campus housing available at this point in time. Lastly, can any one recommend me a good company to utilize to wire transfer the $1000 deposit!!!!

Any input from any body would be greatly appreciated!!!
Would you mind telling me what number you were on the waitlist and when you last checked to see your number?

Would you mind telling me what number you were on the waitlist and when you last checked to see your number?
Hello Rafael 11. I sent you a message with the information that you requested. If anyone has any info on how to get ready for first semester, please let me know!!!!

Will the class be using Groupme to communicate? I don't have a FB lol

Will the class be using Groupme to communicate? I don't have a FB lol
There's a class GroupMe and Discord. Most of the the information is given through Discord and Facebook group.