2021-2022 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got placed on alternate list as well but luckily have been accepted to another MD program. i kind of figured that would happen considering the late interview invite. Hoping movement starts to pick up after April 15th. I’m super conflicted because if I commit to my current acceptance on May 2nd I don’t think I’ll be able to switch back to Howard if they pull me off waitlist pass May :(.
Congrats on your other acceptance!! What was said during one of Howard’s first fridays was that last year, there were only 6 students who didn’t make it off the alternate list, if I understood correctly. So I wouldn’t give up hope yet! There’s bound to be movement within the next couple weeks.

Also, I thought you could remain on an alternate list even after committing to another school, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your other acceptance!! What was said during one of Howard’s first fridays was that last year, there were only 6 students who didn’t make it off the alternate list, if I understood correctly. So I wouldn’t give up hope yet! There’s bound to be movement within the next couple weeks.

Also, I thought you could remain on an alternate list even after committing to another school, right?
Yes you can but if I start putting down payments and signing leases in May and they hit me up in June imma be mad. Also planning to travel internationally before medical school and Howard starts earlier than my other acceptance. Fingers crossed i find out in May so I have time to make an informed decision

rescinding my A/seat today. Hopefully one of you will be able to take that spot! Good luck everyone 😇

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Like this comment if you're on the alternate list

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew my application today as I am fortunate to be accepted elsewhere and wish to bring the cycle to a definitive end. Good luck to all still waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
to those who are already in the accepted group chat(congrats) can you keep us WL informed when people start to drop and how many. thanks

Yes they finished interviews a few weeks back and have notified all those who interviewed of their status. It’s just the waiting to see how much alternate movement will happen
i haven't heard back pre ii. wonder when they will send R's

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the 92 members include Ms. Celia and some other administrators? Last year's class was 125.

I think the 92 members include Ms. Celia and some other administrators? Last year's class was 125.
I didn’t think about the admin—that’s even better. The class size this year (from what was said on interview day) will be 130!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I’m hoping waitlist movement starts next week. I really want to be able to start making plans for the fall and submit my resignation for my job asap. If Howard works out I’m gonna be able to leave a month earlier than plan and hopefully get some travel in

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted off WL

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Withdrew from HUCOM with a 1/2 tuition scholarship just now! Hope this goes to one of you on the WL!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my A. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my A. Good luck guys!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Let’s hope tomorrow there are some As sent out. I wish I knew how many people are on the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
Omg that’s a lot! Now I’m nervous about not getting in. This is my dream school

i heard like 70% of the current class came off the WL. I think statistically speaking you’re more likely to get in than not get in lmao we got this

Reactions: 1 users
Live footage of me refreshing SDN, Reddit, and my email for WL movement

1651520976492.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Just got off the WL last night!! Interviewed 2/1 placed on alternate list 2/11. Looks like there’s massive movement happening. Goodluck everyone!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
a lot of movement is likely to happen!

as annoying as it is, some may get accepted a few days before orientation so obvs prep for the next cycle but also be ready to head to DC at the drop of a dime

Reactions: 4 users
Got off the waitlist also interviewed 3/30. Super excited because I may actually get to be a bison! Can someone let me know where they send financial info

• Love
Reactions: 7 users