2020-2021 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received my acceptance this afternoon. :oops: (3:49 PM EST). I was previously placed on the Alternate List 16 April (my original interview was 6 April). My stats are a 512 MCAT, 3.0 grad GPA, 3.5 undergrad GPA. Howard is my dream school so I feel so blessed to finally have a place to call home. :'(
So happy for you!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else more recently get accepted off the waitlist? I see the fb numbers going up... also if you’re in fb group, can you provide an estimated ratio between accepted students to current students and faculty in the group to get a gauge of chances for those on waitlist? Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else more recently get accepted off the waitlist? I see the fb numbers going up... also if you’re in fb group, can you provide an estimated ratio between accepted students to current students and faculty in the group to get a gauge of chances for those on waitlist? Thanks.
~10 are faculty or current students, but there are also some accepted who decided to go elsewhere. There's bound to be a good bit more waitlist movement if the MSAR data from recent years is any indication. Best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
~10 are faculty or current students, but there are also some accepted who decided to go elsewhere. There's bound to be a good bit more waitlist movement if the MSAR data from recent years is any indication. Best of luck
Thank you for the info!

do you think they're still gonna interview people? Because I haven't got a rejection either

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! So happy right now!
Movement is happening so stay positive everyone, good luck to all of you 🙏🏾

Reactions: 7 users
I called a week or so ago and they said rejections will continue to go out through June and that they haven’t rejected some people just in case they still need to interview but it isn’t likely for that to happen.

Reactions: 10 users
I was accepted off the waitlist last night! Continue to keep the faith y'all. YOUR time is coming, just wait on it!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist movement is occurring. A few people have been trickling in over the last week.

I was accepted off the WL on 5/13. I interviewed on 2/24, and was placed on the WL on 3/12. I did send a LOI about a week before I was accepted—I’d like to think it helped. I’m so happy! Howard is my top choice. 🥲

According to the Facebook page/GroupMe, they accepted people as recently as yesterday, so movement is definitely still happening! Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
How do you know it’s full
That's what the ADCOM and staff has said, but everything is in flux. I know people who've introduced themselves and then they ended up going to another school (got off their state school wait list).

Speaking of the "flux", today one of my friends/classmates just ended up going to a different school - so there's one spot!

Hang in there, spots will open up.

Speaking of the "flux", today one of my friends/classmates just ended up going to a different school - so there's one spot!

Hang in there, spots will open up.
Thank you for this. You a real one. The occasional updates keep me sane lol

Are there any Canadian applicants here who got accepter or are waiting for a reply? I've had no responses since sending in the secondary. Also, are interviews happening in person or virtually?

Are there any Canadian applicants here who got accepter or are waiting for a reply? I've had no responses since sending in the secondary. Also, are interviews happening in person or virtually?
+1

Looks like there’s been some waitlist movement. Keep the faith!

• Wow
Has there been any recent movement?
I've seen like one or two newbies but not much else. Orientation is July 7 and school starts the 14th.

Even if everything doesn't work out, don't give up! I was down on myself for having to reapply during this crazy pandemic but i went from 3 waitlists last cycle to 3 acceptances this cycle (with some money on the table as well)!

Don't give up

Got the pre-II R! E-mail said that they will no longer be extending interviews.

Reactions: 3 users
Got a pre-II R email stating that the class is full. First email received since secondary was sent in July.

Got a pre-II R email stating that the class is full. First email received since secondary was sent in July.
Literally this was the most upsetting thing that’s happened in a while - and I’ve already decided to move on from medicine. Stay strong friend

Literally this was the most upsetting thing that’s happened in a while - and I’ve already decided to move on from medicine. Stay strong friend
Thank you. I’m fortunate that I had several acceptances this cycle, and I forgot for a time that I applied here. Best of luck to you!

The worst medical school when we talk about their admissions transparency and communication to their applicants.

Hi all! I am so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I couldn't find any COM-specific threads on Reddit, and I am not sure if there is an Interview/Acceptance Thread for the MD program here on SDN, but my friend was accepted to HUCOM and he is having a very difficult time acclimating to DC life. Thanks to the COL there, most of his money is going towards rent (on-campus housing) as soon as his loan funds disperse, and he lacks transportation. He mentions that he does not know much about public transportation in the DC area and greatly needs assistance at this time with grocery shopping and running errands to meet his needs. He has not had a good meal in a while but is looking forward to meeting his classmates at Howard at Orientation today! If someone can help him out by providing him some sort of informational support and help him with transportation so he doesn't have to walk around for miles every day carrying stuff to finish furnishing his apartment, I would very much appreciate it. I am far too down south to physically help him, but if someone can please reach out to me about him (my DMs are open), it would really make my and his week. Thank you so much!

Received my acceptance this afternoon. :oops: (3:49 PM EST). I was previously placed on the Alternate List 16 April (my original interview was 6 April). My stats are a 512 MCAT, 3.0 grad GPA, 3.5 undergrad GPA. Howard is my dream school so I feel so blessed to finally have a place to call home. :'C

Received my acceptance this afternoon. :oops: (3:49 PM EST). I was previously placed on the Alternate List 16 April (my original interview was 6 April). My stats are a 512 MCAT, 3.0 grad GPA, 3.5 undergrad GPA. Howard is my dream school so I feel so blessed to finally have a place to call home. :'(
Congrats !!!!! did you do a masters program after undergrad?

You don’t have to commit to enroll by April 30. You just have to narrow it down to one school and have that selected as plan to enroll. And you can stay on waitlists for other schools. You have to commit to enroll according to the school specific protocols, ex: 30 days before the start of orientation. Once you do that, you have to also give up your WL spots
Hey! do you mind sharing your stats? did you have a lot of clinical volunteer hours/shadowing?

If anyone that got accepted is looking for a roommate please private message me