2021-2022 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have interviewed, how long were your interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Should i just give up ATP waiting for interview? 4.0 52X, URM, mstp

complete late sept

Really bummed
There are probably legitimately a few dozen URM/4.0/52x MSTP applicants any cycle...have you gotten II's from similar ranked programs? Is your research good enough? Any red flags? Even then your stats alone should merit interviews. There are literally so few URMs applying to MSTPs; it's insane.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
im not trying to sound neurotic even tho i probably am lol. But hopkins is just my dream. And yea my app is overall good, currently sitting at 11/20 interviews i think, complete late sept everywhere

The "best" schools ive recieved interviews from include upenn, cornell, duke, and nyu

other "top schools" i have yet to hear from r hopkins, columbia, harvard, yale

sitting at 1 pre II MSTP rejection from einstein(deffered to MD only)

I probably said to much but o well thats life, hopkins pls let me in
I would say you're either sitting in a perpetual hold or R then; there's no way they have not seen your app and you have no red flags.

On the other hand I can give you infinite reasons why literally every other interview you've gotten is better than JHU/Baltimore, lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten any interview invites here recently?

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
do we think acceptances will start going out this week?? Last year's thread they started Thursday Dec. 10

Reactions: 3 users
do we think acceptances will start going out this week?? Last year's thread they started Thursday Dec. 10
Oop. Studying for my finals week is about to get a whole lot more interesting if that’s the case

I would bet on them continuing the second thursday of the month trend o_Oo_O

What interview dates are generally included in this first announcement?

Historically Hopkins has emailed all decisions right?
I feel like lowkey today might be too early cuz it’s still the 9th, and we’ll maybe hear back tomorrow or the beginning of next week- but maybe they’ll surprise us

Historically Hopkins has emailed all decisions right?
I feel like lowkey today might be too early cuz it’s still the 9th, and we’ll maybe hear back tomorrow or the beginning of next week- but maybe they’ll surprise us
Didn’t someone note last year that they released a flood of pre II decisions first and then after that would come the post-II? I’m hoping for today but also thinking maybe it’s too early

EDIT: Found the post from last year’s thread by lawslin , note that decisions came out on dec 10 last year

“MSAR days December 15th is the earliest day...but last year's MSAR said the earliest decision date was December 14th and decisions were released December 13th (one day before hmmmmm)

To add more fuel to the neuroticism, here are the dates when As were historically released:

Tuesday, December 13th, 2016
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017
Thursday, December 13th, 2018
Friday, December 13th, 2019

They always release pre-II decisions the weekday before post II decisions, so my guess is pre-II decisions are going to be released Dec 11 (a Friday) and post II decisions Monday, Dec 14th.....”

Didn’t someone note last year that they released a flood of pre II decisions first and then after that would come the post-II? I’m hoping for today but also thinking maybe it’s too early

EDIT: Found the post from last year’s thread by lawslin , note that decisions came out on dec 10 last year

“MSAR days December 15th is the earliest day...but last year's MSAR said the earliest decision date was December 14th and decisions were released December 13th (one day before hmmmmm)

To add more fuel to the neuroticism, here are the dates when As were historically released:

Tuesday, December 13th, 2016
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017
Thursday, December 13th, 2018
Friday, December 13th, 2019

They always release pre-II decisions the weekday before post II decisions, so my guess is pre-II decisions are going to be released Dec 11 (a Friday) and post II decisions Monday, Dec 14th.....”
I will add to your neuroticism (because same)

2020-2021
- Round 1: 12/10, Thur, Interviews bw Aug-Oct
- Round 2: 1/27, Wed, Interviews bw Nov- Dec

2019-2020
- Round 1: 12/13, Fri
- Round 2: 1/29, Wed

2018-2019
- Round 1: 12/13, Thur
- Round 2: 2/1, Fri

I fr convinced myself so hard decisions would come out today lmaooo

Members don't see this ad :)
I will add to your neuroticism (because same)

2020-2021
- Round 1: 12/10, Thur, Interviews bw Aug-Oct
- Round 2: 1/27, Wed, Interviews bw Nov- Dec

2019-2020
- Round 1: 12/13, Fri
- Round 2: 1/29, Wed

2018-2019
- Round 1: 12/13, Thur
- Round 2: 2/1, Fri
Last year didn't pre-II decisions come out after post-II decisions for the first time?

What does pre-II decision mean? Like basically all pre-II rejections?
I assume that's what they mean. Unless Hopkins also does pre-II holds.

Either way, based on the posts above, it sounds like a lot of news for a lot of people is going to be coming out over the next few days.

My prediction is As will hear back next Tuesday the 14th ish, idk just trying to be prophetic 🤷🏾‍♀️ At least that’s what I’m gonna tell myself so I don’t get my hopes up for an earlier day haha

Is there any hope still for those of us waiting to hear back or........are we all looking at pre-II rejections soon :/

Submitted secondary: 8/13, ORM, OOS

Reactions: 4 users
Quick question because I have no idea how JHU admission process works. Are they done giving out II’s for this cycle?

• Hmm
Quick question because I have no idea how JHU admission process works. Are they done giving out II’s for this cycle?
No, they have three rounds of interviews. 1st round is usually Aug-Oct with admissions decisions being given mid-Dec, 2nd round is Oct-Late Dec/Early Jan with admissions decisions being given end-Jan, and the 3rd round is Jan-Feb with admissions decisions given in March.

However, JHU is known for sending a big wave of Pre-II R's and/or IIs the day before they send admissions decisions. So, people are just anxiously waiting right now because a lot of applicants will hear something soon from JHU probably in the next week.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
No, they have three rounds of interviews. 1st round is usually Aug-Oct with admissions decisions being given mid-Dec, 2nd round is Oct-Late Dec/Early Jan with admissions decisions being given end-Jan, and the 3rd round is Jan-Feb with admissions decisions given in March.

However, JHU is known for sending a big wave of Pre-II R's and/or IIs the day before they send admissions decisions. So, people are just anxiously waiting right now because a lot of applicants will hear something soon from JHU probably in the next week.
Thanks! Complete 9/9 so I’ll find out soon either way 🙂

• Care
When have admissions decisions historically been released during the day? Afternoon?

I'm saying it happens in the next 60 minutes or we're on to next week

I may be tweaking, but I thought I remember them saying at the interview that the decisions will be sent out on Dec 15th?, which would be Wednesday. It could have also been a relative date range though?

I may be tweaking, but I thought I remember them saying at the interview that the decisions will be sent out on Dec 15th?, which would be Wednesday. It could have also been a relative date range though?
Yeah, my money is on Tuesday the 14th or Wednesday the 15th

A!!!!!!!
EDIT: For those doubting themselves, I cried after my interview because I thought it went so badly. But, it just shows to go how we are the worst judges of our own performance!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
congrats to those with As!!! Do we think they're sending all A's at once or in batches? I interviewed mid october

Post II R :( interviewed oct 17. This one really sucks because my interview went SO well and my interviewer literally said "I will advocate for you and truly hope to see you this fall"

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
A!! Shoutout to everyone who predicted that decisions would go out today lol and good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
congrats to those with As!!! Do we think they're sending all A's at once or in batches? I interviewed mid october
The Adcomm has a monthly meeting to make decisions on the interviews they have had that month. So when they send out their decisions each round they are sending them out all at once :)

The Adcomm has a monthly meeting to make decisions on the interviews they have had that month. So when they send out their decisions each round they are sending them out all at once :)
So if someone who interviewed in mid-october just heard, should I expect to hear from them today even though I interviewed later that month? I think they told us to expect mid January?

WL, interviewed end of August
Does anyone know if there is any WL movement, and when does it typically occur?

• Love
So if someone who interviewed in mid-october just heard, should I expect to hear from them today even though I interviewed later that month? I think they told us to expect mid January?
That's a good question. If they told you that at your interview, I'd trust that info. However, historically there are 3 rounds of decisions. The first one has, in past years, happened in early Dec. and covered interviews before December. Then there's another one in late Jan/early Feb-ish and a final one in March. That being said I'm not sure how they handle waitlist in the early decision rounds tbh. This is all based on passed years and what I've seen since being here :)

Edit: Looks like they do WL with each round lol (^^^)

• Care
GOT THE A!! Literally can't believe I'm not dreaming (Interviewed early Sept)

Last edited:
  • Love
A!!!! Interviewed mid October

• Love
WL, interviewed end of August
Does anyone know if there is any WL movement, and when does it typically occur?
There's usually a healthy amount of WL movement, however, the majority of it occurs in the spring around March-May since that's when people are making their final decisions. That being said, a good chunk of my classmates came in off the WL so there is definitely still a shot there!

Just got the A!!!!!!! September Interview

Last edited:
  • Love
Post II R! Congrats to those who got in

• Care
A! Interviewed early September. Good luck everyone!

• Love
A!!!!!!!
EDIT: For those doubting themselves, I cried after my interview because I thought it went so badly. But, it just shows to go how we are the worst judges of our own performance!
A!! Shoutout to everyone who predicted that decisions would go out today lol and good luck to everyone still waiting!
Just got the A!!!!!!!
Post II R! Congrats to those who got in
When did you all interview?

A!!!! I don't think I've ever cried in public before

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users