2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R. OOS, so no surprises there.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if you're on the waitlist and it says they'll contact you immediately if you were accepted, is that by another snail mail after a committee meeting or will they call or e-mail? Also, it's of my understanding that the committee meets every other Thursday, so people on the waitlist can be accepted at those? I got a waitlist letter last week, so if they met this week, I'd love to get another letter next week if that's how they do things.

So if you're on the waitlist and it says they'll contact you immediately if you were accepted, is that by another snail mail after a committee meeting or will they call or e-mail? Also, it's of my understanding that the committee meets every other Thursday, so people on the waitlist can be accepted at those? I got a waitlist letter last week, so if they met this week, I'd love to get another letter next week if that's how they do things.
I got waitlisted in the beginning of February and received my acceptance via mail on March 18th. I imagine the Thursday before they had a committee meeting which is when they decided on my acceptance. Goodluck!

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve been complete since 9/29 and heard nothing. I’m IS. Just waiting for my rejection letter

Hey! Can anyone shed some more light and details on the interview process here and how their interview went? Also maybe about how long it took to hear back and if there were any recent acceptances? Much appreciated!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same just got waitlisted :(.
Also got waitlisted; interviewed 3/23. From some of the replies earlier in this thread, 150 spots of acceptance were sent out before February.

Another user said Dr. Thomas doesn't like to have huge waitlists, so it seems like our acceptance is contingent on whether others decide to drop from the program.

Also got waitlisted; interviewed 3/23. From some of the replies earlier in this thread, 150 spots of acceptance were sent out before February.

Another user said Dr. Thomas doesn't like to have huge waitlists, so it seems like our acceptance is contingent on whether others decide to drop from the program.
On the MSAR, they said 100 waitlisted, 40 accepted so looking at a solid 40% not too bad

I also interviewed 3/23 and got waitlisted. Do we know if the waitlist is ranked? The comment in the letter about keeping our files updated with stuff that "might improve your standing on the Wait List" made me think it was...

Did everyone who interviewed here lately just get put on the waitlist? This just gave me a boat load of anxiety now since I have an upcoming interview here and they're about the school that hasn't ghosted me this cycle :(

I also interviewed 3/23 and got waitlisted. Do we know if the waitlist is ranked? The comment in the letter about keeping our files updated with stuff that "might improve your standing on the Wait List" made me think it was...
the waitlist is ranked

Did everyone who interviewed here lately just get put on the waitlist? This just gave me a boat load of anxiety now since I have an upcoming interview here and they're about the school that hasn't ghosted me this cycle :(
Yep 3/30 so pretty recent and they waitlisted me on the 4/2

Hey folks I have a question regarding social stuff at Shreveport. Does anyone know how the school is about minority students (both racial and other types of minorities)? I've been accepted but I'm nervous about whether Shreveport will be a safe place for someone with my identity background, both as a city and as a school. Not meaning to assume anything, I just haven't been outside Baton Rouge or New Orleans much so I get worried about stuff like this.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey folks I have a question regarding social stuff at Shreveport. Does anyone know how the school is about minority students (both racial and other types of minorities)? I've been accepted but I'm nervous about whether Shreveport will be a safe place for someone with my identity background, both as a city and as a school. Not meaning to assume anything, I just haven't been outside Baton Rouge or New Orleans much so I get worried about stuff like this.
FWIW, I've heard Shreveport is more liberal than you'd expect. Though, like you, I haven't been there all too much myself, and your experience anywhere is what you make of it.

If you don't mind my asking, when did you interview? And were you placed on the waitlist first, or flat-out accepted?

I'm from this area and familiar with the school! With the new assc dean of admissions and diversity being minority woc, I think the school is def making strides towards diversity and inclusion. Everyone in diversity affairs is super friendly and they do have a snma chapter as well! That being said, Shreveport isn't the most diverse place but I've grown up here and rarely felt unsafe or uncomfortable being of a minority background here

Hey y’all. So I’ve been complete since 9/29. I called twice in January and then in March and was told I was under review. I just called for my third time today and was told my file is under active review currently. I’ve been under active review since January. Is that good news or should I expect a R email? It’s April and I haven’t heard back. I’m also IS

Can someone give a facebook update? How many are in there?

So are we all waiting patiently for Thursday or May?

At this point if I get into either LSU Nola or Shreveport will it even be a letter or just a phone call? Will the committee still be meeting every other Thursday to let people in if the wait list moves? If April 30th is the deadline for students who have multiple acceptances to commit to a single school, I imagine there will be a lot of movement in the first week or two of May.

At this point if I get into either LSU Nola or Shreveport will it even be a letter or just a phone call? Will the committee still be meeting every other Thursday to let people in if the wait list moves? If April 30th is the deadline for students who have multiple acceptances to commit to a single school, I imagine there will be a lot of movement in the first week or two of May.
Sometime in the middle of May last year the committee had a big meeting where they rank-ordered the waitlist and sent out a big round of acceptances (those people were notified via letter). I think after that meeting they just go down the list as spots become available. The people I know who were accepted in June/July were notified via phone call.

Reactions: 2 users
Sometime in the middle of May last year the committee had a big meeting where they rank-ordered the waitlist and sent out a big round of acceptances (those people were notified via letter). I think after that meeting they just go down the list as spots become available. The people I know who were accepted in June/July were notified via phone call.
Do you know how many they accepted in that time frame?

I hope I don't sound stupid but what is "informed delivery?"

Do you know how many they accepted in that time frame?
No idea....I want to say someone has mentioned somewhere in the 30-40 range of total waitlist movement but I could be wrong.

No idea....I want to say someone has mentioned somewhere in the 30-40 range of total waitlist movement but I could be wrong.
Is it reliable? I know its from MSAR but I believe a med student disagreed with it... Ughhh we love the waiting the game...

Anyone gain a recent acceptance? There was a +8 in the fb group just curious!

Any people who just recently interviewed here hear back yet??

FWIW, I've heard Shreveport is more liberal than you'd expect. Though, like you, I haven't been there all too much myself, and your experience anywhere is what you make of it.

If you don't mind my asking, when did you interview? And were you placed on the waitlist first, or flat-out accepted?
hey sorry just coming back to this post work's been crazy. I interviewed at the beginning of january and was accepted shortly thereafter.

I'm from this area and familiar with the school! With the new assc dean of admissions and diversity being minority woc, I think the school is def making strides towards diversity and inclusion. Everyone in diversity affairs is super friendly and they do have a snma chapter as well! That being said, Shreveport isn't the most diverse place but I've grown up here and rarely felt unsafe or uncomfortable being of a minority background here
thank you for sharing your experience! I agree the assc dean came off very kind and friendly during my interview day, I was very impressed by her and by the faculty members who interviewed me as well. It helps to hear you've felt mostly safe and comfortable growing up in Shreveport as well - if I do end up deciding on the school I'll definitely plan to email the assc dean and chat with her about orgs I can join and that sort of thing <3

Sooooo any mvmt or anyone heard back? Anything at all? xD Dying out here!

Sooooo any mvmt or anyone heard back? Anything at all? xD Dying out here!
most of the movement will be happening in like mid may most likely since people are forced to commit to one school and drop their other As but 4/31

most of the movement will be happening in like mid may most likely since people are forced to commit to one school and drop their other As but 4/31
True! I hate waiting but then again who does? xD

How many students are there in the group now? Are they still doing anymore interviews? I still haven’t heard back and I’m IS and complete 9/29

How many students are there in the group now? Are they still doing anymore interviews? I still haven’t heard back and I’m IS and complete 9/29
it was at 121. 2 are admins it says so maybe 119?