2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does the committee for this school meet anymore? Or has the waitlist already been finalized?
I don't know but I'm going to call next week and find out

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Apologies if this has been asked before - is the waitlist ranked and, if so, does AdComm reveal ranking if we call? I need to know if I should be looking for an apartment to rent in Shreveport or a home to buy locally xD

Reactions: 1 users
Apologies if this has been asked before - is the waitlist ranked and, if so, does AdComm reveal ranking if we call? I need to know if I should be looking for an apartment to rent in Shreveport or a home to buy locally xD
The waitlist is ranked later in the cycle (sometime around now) but they will not disclose your position on the waitlist. They just tell you that you could hear anytime between now and registration.

• Angry
USPS says no mail coming my way, anyone else? Hopefully tomorrow or later this week.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have any other acceptances and my only hope for starting med school in the fall is if I get off the waitlist here. I really wish the whole timeline could somehow be moved up a bit so that med schools are required to let you know a firm yes/no decision before the AMCAS application submission date for the next cycle. This "anytime between now and registration" doesn't work for any of us who might end up having to reapply!! I won't keep ranting, I just wish this whole process was friendlier to people on the WL :confused:

Reactions: 4 users
I don't have any other acceptances and my only hope for starting med school in the fall is if I get off the waitlist here. I really wish the whole timeline could somehow be moved up a bit so that med schools are required to let you know a firm yes/no decision before the AMCAS application submission date for the next cycle. This "anytime between now and registration" doesn't work for any of us who might end up having to reapply!! I won't keep ranting, I just wish this whole process was friendlier to people on the WL :confused:
Guy Fieri, you and me are in the same boat. I will gladly take a seat here if they let me in. The waiting is brutal. If I have no shot of getting in, let me know months sooner so I can prepare for the next cycle more effectively.

Maybe the letters are going out tmr? Are we expecting a massive A's to go out like in bulk?

Has anyone who has been accepted in the past week or so received an acceptance via mail or phone call?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a reapplicant, so I understand how you feel. The wait over June/July was brutal :(

15 students added to the FB group today. Starting to lose hope now.

Ooph. That's not good for us. I've just finished my PS rough draft - guess I picked the right day to start the reapp process.

😭😭
Yall I'm tired. I just want to be accepted and be one step closer to getting my life started.

I will have done this 4 times if I do this again, which is a presidential term. Crazy. I'm going to ED one or the other and hope for the best as well as apply DO. I'm tired of waiting. My MCAT is 509 and GPA is 3.95. I don't understand why I'm struggling so much. My MCAT last year was 501 and I aimed for 506 so when I got a 509 I thought I was golden. I guess not.

I will have done this 4 times if I do this again, which is a presidential term. Crazy. I'm going to ED one or the other and hope for the best as well as apply DO. I'm tired of waiting. My MCAT is 509 and GPA is 3.95. I don't understand why I'm struggling so much. My MCAT last year was 501 and I aimed for 506 so when I got a 509 I thought I was golden. I guess not.
Better stats then me I’ll tell you that. I’m shocked that you haven’t gotten in as well. I know people with much less who have gotten in

15 students added to the FB group today. Starting to lose hope now.
Could you please post the group name of facebook, somebody posted the name, but it is not correct, it is not LSU Shreveport medical school, it is just LSU Shreveport University, Thanks.

Okay, after l logged on Facebook, do the search, found the page:

It shows:
1 new post today
7 in the last month

131 total members
+ 16 in the last week

Last edited:
Could you please post the group name of facebook, somebody posted the name, but it is not correct, it is not LSU Shreveport medical school, it is just LSU Shreveport University, Thanks.
The name of the group-- LSUHSC-S School of Medicine, Class of 2025

• Hmm
I'd advise against applying ED if this is your final shot.

This was my first cycle, and I applied ED with a 3.25gpa (boo) and 516 MCAT. I scored an early interview but ultimately ended up on the WL. In hindsight I should have applied more broadly. And I'm definitely applying DO this time around.

The last however many months have been brutal. I can't imagine going through this process multiple times. I'm giving it one more shot while at the same time preparing for a future outside of med school.

I'd advise against applying ED if this is your final shot.

This was my first cycle, and I applied ED with a 3.25gpa (boo) and 516 MCAT. I scored an early interview but ultimately ended up on the WL. In hindsight I should have applied more broadly. And I'm definitely applying DO this time around.

The last however many months have been brutal. I can't imagine going through this process multiple times. I'm giving it one more shot while at the same time preparing for a future outside of med school.
You should do a post-bacc if you can. Definitely get into LSU Nola with that MCAT and a good GPA with the 32 hour policy.

You should do a post-bacc if you can. Definitely get into LSU Nola with that MCAT and a good GPA with the 32 hour policy.
It's definitely an option. I'll have to look into it. I'm a slightly older nontrad with a couple semesters of MBA coursework finished (4.0gpa) already, so I may ask AdComm here if they'd think it best of me to finish that up rather than doing a DIY post-bacc.

I'm not doing the whole MCAT thing again, so there's a timer on how long I can push med school out.

Last edited:
Are we expecting another round of A's to go out in bulk maybe in June?

Are we expecting another round of A's to go out in bulk maybe in June?
Honestly my hopes have went way down. I know NOLA sent out plenty of rejections and etc. so there probably wont be an amazing amount of movement from there to help us out. Anyway its not over, but I think I'm going to start this reapplication. At least we know the process and are better prepared for next cycle.

It's definitely an option. I'll have to look into it. I'm a slightly older nontrad with a couple semesters of MBA coursework finished (4.0gpa) already, so I may ask AdComm here if they'd think it best of me to finish that up rather than doing a DYI post-bacc.

I'm not doing the whole MCAT thing again, so there's a timer on how long I can push med school out.
Did the MBA have any science coursework because I think it needs to be science based, however that MCAT is definitely good enough for any school :D

It's definitely an option. I'll have to look into it. I'm a slightly older nontrad with a couple semesters of MBA coursework finished (4.0gpa) already, so I may ask AdComm here if they'd think it best of me to finish that up rather than doing a DYI post-bacc.
I highly recommend one of the one-year Tulane biomedical sciences master's programs if you have the means/time to do that! I just finished my program and got so much out of the experience. If you do well, I'm sure you'd get in somewhere, especially with that MCAT.

I highly recommend one of the one-year Tulane biomedical sciences master's programs if you have the means/time to do that! I just finished my program and got so much out of the experience. If you do well, I'm sure you'd get in somewhere, especially with that MCAT.
Thanks for the suggestion. What are your thoughts on the Masters in Medical Genetics and Genomics program?

Really hoping for this. My confidence in landing an acceptance is quickly starting to drop.
I can’t believe how similar a situation were all in. Only chance is with LSU Shreveport as well.

If I’m on the WL and USPS has a letter coming today do we think it’s good news?

Possibly. Keep us updated. I think we're approaching the point to where they have to call us to get an answer asap, but probably not there just yet.

Fingers crossed for you! Does anyone else have a letter on the way? I don't have Informed Delivery set up so I can't check for myself.

If you don't mind me asking, are you in-state/out-of-state and if instate what city? I know I got my waitlist letter a day or two after others and I live in NOLA. This is to me being hopeful lol xD

Sorry for all the questions but also when did you interview/ get put on the waitlist? I'm curious as if they are moving by interview dates or not.

If you don't mind me asking, are you in-state/out-of-state and if instate what city? I know I got my waitlist letter a day or two after others and I live in NOLA. This is to me being hopeful lol xD

Sorry for all the questions but also when did you interview/ get put on the waitlist? I'm curious as if they are moving by interview dates or not.
I’m in state in Shreveport. I interviewed 4/6/21 and was put on the waitlist 4/17/21.

Thank you! I hope it is def good news for you and for all of us waiting! If they sent out these letters to others then that means people not in Shreveport might be getting theirs soon or at least early next week! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! I hope it is def good news for you and for all of us waiting! If they sent out these letters to others then that means people not in Shreveport might be getting theirs soon or at least early next week! :D
I pray that all of us get in :( This process of the WL has been so grueling day by day! Gotta say tho- distracting myself with cookies is a good treat (not too many I promise xD)

Reactions: 4 users
There are 128 students in the FB group (not counting the 2 admins) and I'm assuming a few accepted students are not on FB. Does this maybe mean we are relying on students to drop seats at this point? If so, maybe there isn't a bulk of acceptances going out anytime soon. Wish they would give us our ranking on the WL

Also, a student mentioned an emailed background check application before receiving an official letter. Something to look out for.

There are 128 students in the FB group (not counting the 2 admins) and I'm assuming a few accepted students are not on FB. Does this maybe mean we are relying on students to drop seats at this point? If so, maybe there isn't a bulk of acceptances going out anytime soon. Wish they would give us our ranking on the WL

Also, a student mentioned an emailed background check application before receiving an official letter. Something to look out for.
What is the class size supposed to be? 150? Also on the WL here