2021-2022 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete mid July, haven't heard anything. Is anyone else in this boat? Only email I have gotten thus far is the complete email.
same... 7/23 complete. re-app to PSU.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
A hold is better than an R right? Whats a hold actually mean?

A hold is better than an R right? Whats a hold actually mean?
yes, a hold means you are still in the running for an II! from what i understand, it basically means that the adcom looked at your application and decided not to extend an invite at this time, but will come back to your application and continue to compare you to the current applicant pool for future II decisions... of course this could end in an eventual R later, but for now there is still hope!!

Reactions: 1 users
yes, a hold means you are still in the running for an II! from what i understand, it basically means that the adcom looked at your application and decided not to extend an invite at this time, but will come back to your application and continue to compare you to the current applicant pool for future II decisions... of course this could end in an eventual R later, but for now there is still hope!!
Here's hoping! Although it wasn't the news I was hoping for, compared to my first cycle (before my SMP) this was a 1-month turnaround to this decision compared to almost 6 months of waiting to hear that I was on hold.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if late September interviewees (9/29) will even hear back in November? I was going through threads from the past five years and it has been pretty inconsistent so I feel like if I have to wait another month, I might as well go back to avoiding these nerve-racking thoughts

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything? Decisions tend to come out around 10 am EST so I'm thinking maybe today is not the day.

Because in previous years decisions have consistently been sent out on Fridays
Not quite. Going back to last cycle it was Friday, November 5th, the cycle before that it was Friday, November 1st, and the cycle before that one it was Thursday, November 1st. Seems like it could possibly be mostly Fridays, mostly November 1st, or in general the first week of November. I guess we won't know until someone gets a decision!

Reactions: 1 user
Looked through past years' threads to see the date/day of the first two waves of decisions. The 2020-21 cycle was affected by COVID so I wouldn't use that. It seems @mextel hit the nail right on the head. I'm expecting to potentially hear back Thursday or Friday this week (late Sept. interview).

*2020-21:
Dec 2 (Wed)
Jan 5 (Tues)

2019-20:
Nov 1 (Fri)
Dec 6 (Fri)

2018-19:
Nov 1 (Thurs)
Nov 30 (Fri)

2017-18:
Nov 2 (Thurs)
Dec 1 (Fri)

Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II Hold today. OOS LM 68 complete early/mid September

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Not Penn State sending a University Park info session email. My heart rate went ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Not Penn State sending a University Park info session email. My heart rate went ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
"Congratulations on..." was the only thing my phone let me see in the email preview. Clickbait

• Haha
Put on hold just now. Complete 9/30, LM 72, OOS, ORM. My ECs suck.

Last edited:
  • Care
Complete 7/27 has been silent since then, should I be worried? Worried that they missed my application somehow? Keep checking for an R or hold, but nothing. Also no II :(

Reactions: 2 users
Just got put on "Continue to Review" hold category, does everyone who gets a hold get that? Is it a silent R at this school?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Same here, silence since early September. My app was actual trash last cycle, but I still made it to January before getting a hold. People who must have had way better apps got held or rejected earlier than I did, so I doubt competitiveness plays a major role in the timing of their response.

In other words, trying to predict when we will hear back is gonna drive us crazy 🤡

Last edited:
Same here, silence since early September. My app was actual trash last cycle, but I still made it to January before getting a hold. People who must have had way better apps got held or rejected earlier than I did, so I doubt competitiveness plays a major role in the timing of the response.

In other words, trying to predict when we will hear back is gonna drive us crazy 🤡
^^^same.. also got a hold in January last year. nothing from PSU so far this year...

Hold today, OOS, complete 7/27, LM 72.

• Care
^^^same.. also got a hold in January last year. nothing from PSU so far this year...
I got held super early last cycle, but maybe the silence for us is just a reapplicant thing. Any reapplicants put on hold yet?

Edit: Woops nvm I was held in January last cycle.

Is silence still better than getting a hold earlier on in the cycle?

I got held super early last cycle, but maybe the silence for us is just a reapplicant thing. Any reapplicants put on hold yet?

Edit: Woops nvm I was held in January last cycle.
That would be wild if they play with us re-apps’ hearts like that hahaha.

Hold as well, completed 7/18, IS, LM ~ 71, Casper 1st quartile.

• Care
Are ya'll getting notified by email that you've been put on hold, or just checking the portal?
OOS, submitted 8/5, silence thus far

Just got the A for Penn State!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users