2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody emailed admissions to find out about a decision? This is week 8 for me and I haven’t received a decision. I don’t want to say the wrong thing. Should I just continue to wait?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody emailed admissions to find out about a decision? This is week 8 for me and I haven’t received a decision. I don’t want to say the wrong thing. Should I just continue to wait?
I called and they emailed a decision shortly after. I waited 7 or so weeks before calling

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I emailed recently for a publication that was finally published as an update but was not able to get much info on the waitlist movement. Does anyone know about recent movement ? It is starting to feel like it won't happen until after may 15th.

Are there any accepted students willing to answer a few questions by DM? I’m currently on the waitlist. Thanks!

Moderator note:
A separate thread was created to discuss the PCOM GA-specific waitlist. I've merged that post though (before it accumulated too many responses) to consolidate all of the PCOM GA-specific information in one place. If every school had their own separate waitlist thread elsewhere, it would reduce the visibility of all other non-school-specific information. Additionally, students traditionally report on waitlist movement within the main thread as that is where most applicants are looking for updates. Thank you for your understanding, and my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Can someone message me the Group Me if there is one?

Withdrew from the WL today. Hoping that one of y’all can get that A!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has there been any WL movements??

So I am on 10 weeks of waiting to hear ANYTHING, and still nothing. Idk whats going on. Any takers?

has there been any WL movements??
Been waiting for almost 2 weeks now to see movement I havent heard of any, but a current student told me that they just took a handful of their biomed masters students in so maybe thats why its taking a while also they just got the list fron AACOMAS this Sunday or students holding multiple acceptances so here’s to hearing back soon !

Been waiting for almost 2 weeks now to see movement I havent heard of any, but a current student told me that they just took a handful of their biomed masters students in so maybe thats why its taking a while also they just got the list fron AACOMAS this Sunday or students holding multiple acceptances so here’s to hearing back soon !
I was wondering why it seemed like things slowed down so much. Compared to last year around this time it was like a few As daily. Hopefully just as much movement will happen for the non-masters program students. Do you think the AACOMAS list will have an effect soon or would it probably be closer to mid June before the next wave of movement?

I was wondering why it seemed like things slowed down so much. Compared to last year around this time it was like a few As daily. Hopefully just as much movement will happen for the non-masters program students. Do you think the AACOMAS list will have an effect soon or would it probably be closer to mid June before the next wave of movement?
Realistically i think it will take them 2 weeks to go over the lists and reevaluate waitlisted students. But then again thats just *my opinion. Lets hope it’s faster..

Realistically i think it will take them 2 weeks to go over the lists and reevaluate waitlisted students. But then again thats just *my opinion. Lets hope it’s faster..
Depending on how long that list of students is with multiple As, they might send those emails out to those candidates this week because on AACOMAS it said they have to give them a minimum of 15 day notice. I’m assuming schools don’t wanna allow 3 weeks and then lose a chunk of their accepted students when they could have known that a week sooner and filled those spots from the WL. But then again, who really knows lol.

So I am on 10 weeks of waiting to hear ANYTHING, and still nothing. Idk whats going on. Any takers?

Hey! If you interviewed, I would consider emailing them today, and be specific with your timeline.

Hey! If you interviewed, I would consider emailing them today, and be specific with your timeline.
Haven’t interviewed…….. kindve ridiculous. I’ve called 2 times in the past 2 months and the same message….. you’ll receive an update when things are reviewed

So I emailed today and the lady I got in contact with said interviews have been completed with the Georgia location and they will release decisions soon for this cycle (good luck to those in the waitlist 😊)

Reactions: 2 users
I believe they have their DO Graduation ceremony this weekend or early next week so we might not see as much of a new waitlist movement until end of May.

I believe they have their DO Graduation ceremony this weekend or early next week so we might not see as much of a new waitlist movement until end of May.
Their ceremony is not until Thursday May 26th. Hopefully they have some time to review apps.

Just gave up my WL seat! Goodluck everyone !

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just got my A from the WL! Email was sent today, but I hadn’t realized it was posted yesterday online!

• Love
I also just got an acceptance! Received the email notification at about 10:30a. I was waitlisted 1 week ago.

• Love
Does anyone know when orientation starts for PCOM GA?

For those who are already accepted, would it be safe to say the class of 2026 is full ?

Withdrew my A! Goodluck

Reactions: 2 users
For those who are already accepted, would it be safe to say the class of 2026 is full ?
When a school is finished interviewing applicants then they are technically full. They have sent all of the acceptances and waitlists. However with PCOM there is a lot of movement off of the WL so if your question is are they done taking people off of the WL then I would say no. They can pull you off of the WL up to the week before orientation I believe, although the closer you get to that date the slimmer your chances are.

When a school is finished interviewing applicants then they are technically full. They have sent all of the acceptances and waitlists. However with PCOM there is a lot of movement off of the WL so if your question is are they done taking people off of the WL then I would say no. They can pull you off of the WL up to the week before orientation I believe, although the closer you get to that date the slimmer your chances are.
Do we know if PCOM GA has finished interviewing or if they are still interviewing more students? I am assuming if they are done, we should see more WL movement soon.

Do we know if PCOM GA has finished interviewing or if they are still interviewing more students? I am assuming if they are done, we should see more WL movement soon.
Double check their website but I believe they’re finished interviewing.

PCOM philly scared the living hell outta me this morning with that email lol

Accepted today! Interviewed 3/17, waitlisted 5/13. Thank God!

Reactions: 5 users
Would I need to send/upload my updated transcript if I graduated college a few weeks ago? i got waitlisted on 4/29 and am scared to send in my updated transcript bc I did poorly in two of my classes this past semester, making my gpa drop a bit. idk what to do bc both options (not sending it or sending it) would (i feel) make my chances of getting off the WL very slim :(

Would I need to send/upload my updated transcript if I graduated college a few weeks ago? i got waitlisted on 4/29 and am scared to send in my updated transcript bc I did poorly in two of my classes this past semester, making my gpa drop a bit. idk what to do bc both options (not sending it or sending it) would (i feel) make my chances of getting off the WL very slim :(
I don’t know if you have to send it right away but to hold your spot if you’re accepted you have to send all transcripts

Gave up my seat earlier this week so good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted yesterday after being waitlisted 4/19! Could someone kindly advise on how to get into the Accepted Students GroupMe? Thank you!