2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone still waiting for an II that was completed on 8/24?
Sure am. Wish they would send some II invites out this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Interviewed on 11/5. Recieved an email to check my portal for a decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted :( interviewed 11/08. Hoping to update this with an acceptance!

When you guys confirmed your interview invite, did you receive the confirmation email with additional information within the 24 hours the page said you would after confirming your attendance? I haven't received the email and wasn't sure if it took longer.

When you guys confirmed your interview invite, did you receive the confirmation email with additional information within the 24 hours the page said you would after confirming your attendance? I haven't received the email and wasn't sure if it took longer.
I did receive the email soon after confirming a date.

Anyone know what is happening with this school? Any II's sent lately? I was really hoping for an interview.

Just got the A! Portal update came in around 10:00. It's my first acceptance of the cycle so I'm still shaking with relief!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 15th of November. We started to gather on google meeting at the start time and then they gave us information about their admissions process and then they had a student panel for an hour. After that you just wait for your interview and just click on the link in portal 15 mins early if you want.

I am ecstatic and grateful for them to give me a chance. I received an acceptance in their portal yesterday and I was fill with joy. It only takes one school and one interview!

Reactions: 2 users
I apologize for not getting back to those who asked.

When I interviewed 2 years ago it was about a 30 minute interview spot with 1-2 interviewers. The interviewers could be from any staff in the school (professors, clinic, residents, etc.). My interview was a simple conversation, basically seeing if I could hold a conversation. Others had more difficult questions on ethics and stuff like that. However, this was 2 years ago, things may have changed.

Any currently first years lurking around here to help answer incoming year questions on: housing stuff, what to expect around the area… etc?

Interviewed 11/5 but haven’t heard anything back yet... getting kind of nervous lol

Got the A today! Interviewed 11/22. I’m in shock

Can anyone speak on what to expect during the actual interview? Was it pretty conversational?

congrats! stats?

I have had to overcome poor undergrad grades through many grad courses my last 120 hours are around 3.5 and MCAT is >508. I have significant ties to the osteopathic profession and PCOM-GA as well.

I have had to overcome poor undergrad grades through many grad courses my last 120 hours are around 3.5 and MCAT is >508. I have significant ties to the osteopathic profession and PCOM-GA as well.

IS too

Can anyone speak on what to expect during the actual interview? Was it pretty conversational?
Very much so! It's your standard two interviewer panel. If you can present a coherent narrative as to why you are passionate about medicine and are in the least bit personable, you'll have no trouble.

Does anyone know when and how often the admissions committee meets?

A little over 6 weeks post II but haven’t heard anything. Should I reach out to admissions? Has this happened to anyone else?

A little over 6 weeks post II but haven’t heard anything. Should I reach out to admissions? Has this happened to anyone else?
This happened with me at PCOM-Ga last year and I reached out to admissions and they gave me the date in which I'd have a decision and I ended up getting my decision then. I don't know if PCOM-South Ga will do the same though, but I don't think it would hurt to ask.

Waitlisted. Just Received the email to check my status on the portal. Interviewed on 12/13/2021.

• Sad
  • Care
Accepted. Interview 11/5

Is there anyone who is familiar with & can comment on the amount of waitlist movement at PCOM South Georgia?

I really would like to interview here. What kinds of stats are interviewing currently? Just curious as to why I haven't been selected for an interview yet.

Waitlisted. Interviewed on Monday.
Did they email you? I interviewed that day too and have heard *nothing* 🙃
Is there anyone who is familiar with & can comment on the amount of waitlist movement at PCOM South Georgia?
I don’t know exact numbers but I seem to remember it being like 2.5-3x the class needs to be accepted to fill the class. To me that means a lot of movement.

Accepted today! Got the email at 10am this morning telling me to check my portal. Interviewed December 13.

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!

Accepted this morning as a reapplicant :)
Interviewed on 1/6 and acceptance email sent 1/21! Pleasantly surprised with the quick turnaround!