2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^^^ I have this same question!! Someone help please :)
Hey! So I called the school and they mentioned we will be able to withdraw from our spot at any time if we choose to do so (aka it's not binding). However, we must submit both the form and deposit in order to hold our spot. I guess the wording of the email was just a bit confusing, but it doesn't actually meaning binding?

Members don't see this ad.

Happy to say that I got accepted to TouroCOM, email came in last night

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any one else who interviewed in November, have you heard back yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Got the acceptance email this morning!!! interviewed 11/8

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Quick addendum for anyone confused about the deposit situation - you are not bound to attend, but you need to deposit and do the paperwork to hold your spot. If you withdraw from the spot to attend another school, you do not get your deposit back.

Does anyone know when they give out financial aid packages? Happy to be accepted but the projected price is definitely stressing me out. Thank you!

Quick addendum for anyone confused about the deposit situation - you are not bound to attend, but you need to deposit and do the paperwork to hold your spot. If you withdraw from the spot to attend another school, you do not get your deposit back.
Just to clarify, you pay $3,000 to hold your spot. However, you only get $1,000 back if you decide to withdraw at some point.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I was accepted about a month ago, and as my due date for making the deposit is approaching I was wondering if anyone has any tips regarding how to decide between touro and another school. What factors did or are you considering? Thank you so much in advance!

WL today around noon. LM 72, OOS. Weird feeling because they said I interviewed well despite me feeling like it was a terrible interview. They asked me like 4x why I wanted to be a DO and said I was "teasing" them because of my stats 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sorry to hear that, but don’t lose hope! When did you interview, if you don’t mind me asking? @mattyboi

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
WL today around noon. LM 72, OOS. Weird feeling because they said I interviewed well despite me feeling like it was a terrible interview. They asked me like 4x why I wanted to be a DO and said I was "teasing" them because of my stats 🤷🏻‍♂️
I got WL the same day

Hi! Does anyone know if Touro accepts update letters?

Hi! Does anyone know if Touro accepts update letters?
Yes they do, you can just send it to admissions and they will update your file for the admin committee. I know I had to write an essay about an experience I had that I did not include on the AACOMAS but came up during my interview. I think it made a difference.

Yes they do, you can just send it to admissions and they will update your file for the admin committee. I know I had to write an essay about an experience I had that I did not include on the AACOMAS but came up during my interview. I think it made a difference.
Great, thank you!! So I just send an email to admissions?

I feel like the interviewers did not ask me many qs during the interview. is this bad? like I wanted to talk more but I felt like I wasn't given the chance to let them know about my interest in the school fully. I don't know maybe my interest was stated clearly in the secondary app? anybody felt the same way after their interview?

I feel like the interviewers did not ask me many qs during the interview. is this bad? like I wanted to talk more but I felt like I wasn't given the chance to let them know about my interest in the school fully. I don't know maybe my interest was stated clearly in the secondary app? anybody felt the same way after their interview?
1000%. They were running late from the first interview and mine got cut short. They did not even ask me why Touro lol I got the feeling that they wanted to understand my commitment to medicine especially osteopathic medicine and see if I would be a good fit for the school and the city as a whole. That was just my impression of my interview obviously cannot speak for how anyone else's went.

Accepted yesterday :) interviewed on 12/8 and was waitlisted on 12/21!

I tried joining the accepted students group but was denied access. Was hoping someone could repost the link please!

I tried joining the accepted students group but was denied access. Was hoping someone could repost the link please!
Are you referring to the groupme or discord?

Also is there an accepted student Facebook page?

Waitlisted today :( the email said they don’t accept letter of intents before May? Any other advice on how to express interest before then?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! Did you do anything in between to get off the WL/have any advice?
I just responded to the waitlist email saying that I was truly grateful to hold a spot on the waitlist and thanked them for their time and consideration. I'm guessing the waitlist is really short right now since I heard back so soon after being waitlisted- I have a good feeling for you!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted today :( the email said they don’t accept letter of intents before May? Any other advice on how to express interest before then?
When was your interview? I hope you get off the waitlist soon! ❤️

• Care
OMG I JUST GOT THE A!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
This school has ghosted me since being complete on 11/1. Plz don't ghost me, I swear I am a good girl. :cryi:

This school has ghosted me since being complete on 11/1. Plz don't ghost me, I swear I am a good girl. :cryi:
Send them a letter of update/interest. I sent them one and they invited me for an interview the day after

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
did you all send thank you letters after your interview? and if you did, did you send it to the admissions email or to the individual interviewers?

did you all send thank you letters after your interview? and if you did, did you send it to the admissions email or to the individual interviewers?
I asked Steven Toplan for their email addresses and sent them each individual emails, idk what most admissions advisors advise about it but I figured mailing in a note would take too long from Arkansas to NYC. Worked for me as I got the A

I wanted to write a letter of update/continued interest, since I literally heard nothing back. Anyone know if this school accepts/values this and who I can email it to? Was going to email it to Steven Toplan... good idea? (GPA 3.5, MCAT 510, OOS, currently doing clinical work and MS program). If that's ok, anyone know Toplan's email? Don't see his email anywhere (only the generic Touro COM email)

I wanted to write a letter of update/continued interest, since I literally heard nothing back. Anyone know if this school accepts/values this and who I can email it to? Was going to email it to Steven Toplan... good idea? (GPA 3.5, MCAT 510, OOS, currently doing clinical work and MS program). If that's ok, anyone know Toplan's email? Don't see his email anywhere (only the generic Touro COM email)
I sent an letter of interest recently to the generic touro com email, and I got an email that it was added to my file, and the message was sent by Steven. I made sure to address him in the heading.

I sent an letter of interest recently to the generic touro com email, and I got an email that it was added to my file, and the message was sent by Steven. I made sure to address him in the heading.
Got it, thanks for the tip! A stupid ques, but what do you mean by "heading?" Did you mean in the subject line (i.e. Attn: Steven-Letter of Continued Interest) or in the greeting (Dear Mr. ...)?

Got it, thanks for the tip! A stupid ques, but what do you mean by "heading?" Did you mean in the subject line (i.e. Attn: Steven-Letter of Continued Interest) or in the greeting (Dear Mr. ...)?
In the greeting!

Does anyone know information about deposit refunds after your accepted your spot for the class and switch your offer? (fam is curious I'm not un committing eep)