2022-2023 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the record, I was complete on 7/12, app still marked just as "Complete" and not on hold. Average stats, 512, ~3.8 GPA (both).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just logged into my portal (because I'm neurotic) and saw this message: Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do. Haven't received an email but is an II?!

Reactions: 12 users
Just logged into my portal (because I'm neurotic) and saw this message: Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do. Haven't received an email but is an II?!
Do you mind sharing if you were on hold before?

just checked my portal and i'm on hold, though idk when that was posted. submitted on 07/14. fingers crossed its not bad news

edit: also the on hold message for me never came through my email - i had to check through the portal

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do you mind sharing if you were on hold before?
I was not on hold (as far as I know). Has anyone else seen this message in their portal and either gotten or not gotten an email saying something specific? I still have not received an email.

I have been on complete since 7/11, is anyone else from this early still just complete and not on hold?
Wanted to update I'm on hold lol 7/29

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I could scrub the memory of seeing this post from my brain because my portal-checking has become extra neurotic ever since I read it o_O:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Hi guys just to confirm, GWU doesn't give out completion email after submitting secondary right?

Hey can someone clarify what they mean exactly by "current issues" in #4? Are they referring to something specific or do they just want our experiences/motivation as it relates to social justice?

Hi does anyone have trouble opening their application portal? Secondary received 7/4, and I wanted to submit it today but my GWU portal does not open.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi does anyone have trouble opening their application portal? Secondary received 7/4, and I wanted to submit it today but my GWU portal does not open.
I already submitted but it won't let me open my portal either

ya I am trying to submit as well and I am not able to access. T.T

Same here, keep getting a "this site can't be reached" message.

How long between getting the portal update and the email? I just saw my II on the portal today!!!
Congrats! when was your submission and do you know if you were on hold before the II? Sorry for not being a help to your question.

Congrats! when was your submission and do you know if you were on hold before the II? Sorry for not being a help to your question.
Hi! I submitted 7/16 and had only ever seen "complete but pending review". Just waiting on that email now.

Submitted on 07/10 and still sitting on "complete" with no holds or anything! No idea how to feel about it.

Update: Formal II received today! App completed 7/15, LizzyM 73

Reactions: 4 users
Now that it is August, let the II's begin! Good job people who got one and good luck to others like me who will hopefully receive one soon

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
Hey everyone, question about LORs. I have 3 ready to submit, but I'm waiting on one that's pretty important. Can I release the 3 (since 3 is the minimum) and then submit the fourth letter when it's ready in a couple days? Would you guys recommend waiting until the more important letter is in?

I've already submitted my secondary btw!

Placed on hold, submitted 7/19

Still just complete also. Is the consensus that no hold is bad thing? havent seen any completes go straight to interview? It seems like the holds are going to II. 😟
did you figure this out? because i am still just sitting as complete :(

When I applied previously I was put on hold and was eventually rejected. I wouldn't read too much into hold vs. complete either way, especially since interviews are just beginning to get sent out!

There was someone earlier who said they were on complete straight to II. Of course, it could've been that they were on hold and they just didn't notice but FYI.

Submitted 7/18 still complete. No hold as of yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Are we sure a hold is a death sentence?