2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven’t gotten a call asking if I was still interested in the Alternate List. Then again I did switch my preference from Seton Hill to Elmira a couple weeks ago so they I guess they know that I’m still interested. I also submitted an LOI last week. I wish we had a way of knowing how the alternate/wait list was ranked. I’m wondering if MCAT or GPA has an effect on the ranking at all.
Spoke to them the list is not ranked and they didnt want to disclose how many people in total they have on the list. Also the waitlist and alternate list is merged into one. So there is basically no legit answer for what’s going on

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Spoke to them the list is not ranked and they didnt want to disclose how many people in total they have on the list. Also the waitlist and alternate list is merged into one. So there is basically no legit answer for what’s going on
Love the transparency 🤩

Love it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my letter, and I’ve been added to the alternate list.

Anyone know what the odds of acceptance are? I feel like it’s kinda late at this point and they probably already have their class picked out.

I just received my letter in the mail that I was offered Alternate Status. My portal had changed last Tuesday to the 14 day notice that a decision had been made. A month ago LECOM had called me to see if I was still interested in attending. I said yes and was surprised to hear from them. I interviewed back in December and thought maybe I was just rejected because I had not heard back in so long while others had. 🤷‍♀️ I also wonder what the chances of getting off the alternate list are currently?

I just received my letter in the mail that I was offered Alternate Status. My portal had changed last Tuesday to the 14 day notice that a decision had been made. A month ago LECOM had called me to see if I was still interested in attending. I said yes and was surprised to hear from them. I interviewed back in December and thought maybe I was just rejected because I had not heard back in so long while others had. 🤷‍♀️ I also wonder what the chances of getting off the alternate list are currently?
Dang, and you got a call to give you hope? that's sadistic of them haha. I really hope we'll see more movement as June comes

• Haha
Exact same thing happened to me. I interviewed in December, heard nothing until I got a call asking if I was still interested and not till Saturday did I get a letter saying alternate list. I'm very frustrated and if I interviewed in December but they didn't answer me until the end of May does that put me at the bottom of the alternate list? Because that doesn't seem fair.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
The waiting is killing me 😩 #alternatelist

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know or heard of any movement? I don’t see any acceptance posts lately

so i got an email asking if my withdrawal was an error or not so maybe they give some wiggle room (in case of regret?) before proceeding to the wl. i dunno really since my W a while ago

so i got an email asking if my withdrawal was an error or not so maybe they give some wiggle room (in case of regret?) before proceeding to the wl. i dunno really since my W a while ago
"did you mean to reject us" 🥺👉👈

• Haha
Aside from the details about campus preference and some red-tape stuff like your preferred name, there is no essay or portion you have to write, which is nice.
sorry to thread hijack but for the question they include w/ their primary app ("Please list any educational or employment experiences that followed your undergraduate graduation") what do I do if I literally just graduated a few weeks ago, and the only experiences/jobs I have now are ones I started before graduation? I already talked about these in the activities section. It seems like they want info on new things you've done since graduating but that doesn't really apply to me, so should I just talk about the same old stuff? Or not answer this question since it's not technically required?

Talked to them via phone. They expect more movement this cycle. Can accept students up until 7/21

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an FYI, I asked if it mattered that I interviewed in December but didn't get alternate list answer until last week with regards to where I would be on the alternate list and they said that they have a subcommittee meeting weekly to review everyone on the alternate list so it does not matter when you were placed on it chronologically. That was a relief to me and I thought it may help others here.

HI! I got accepted to LECOM-Elmira and PCOM-Philly campus. Can someone help me? Which do you think is a better school?

PCOM Philly
I’m sorry that was a bad answer. In my opinion PCOM Philly, but it ultimately depends on the type of physician you want to become and the type of community you would like to serve. Both institutions are amazing but offer different things and are located in drastically different areas. It really depends on you.

Finally got a call from a New York number. I was so excited! Checked the voicemail…and it’s from the New York college of Podiatric medicine….why, universe? Why?!?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I got a call this week asking if I'm still interested and I was told Admissions met early this week

Last edited:
I also got a call (on Monday) asking if I was still interested but I still haven’t heard back. I tried calling today but nobody picked up:/

I also got a call (on Monday) asking if I was still interested but I still haven’t heard back. I tried calling today but nobody picked up:/
Same here! I kinda need to finalize plans for next cycle too :(

Sending good luck your way! Hopefully we’ll be classmates soon

Call them and ask for clarification on a timeline! I did this morning and they called me back 5 minutes later with an acceptance
I did too! Also got an acceptance this morning :) Congrats to you!!