2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Elmira send out the 14 day notification or is that just something Erie does?
my portal updated on monday with the 14 day notification and I interviewed at elmira

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn i got the 30 day notif does that
mean rejection? Has anyone with an acceptance gotten that as well?

my portal updated. It says I'm waitlisted. No physical mail yet. Info session was 9/23 for elmira.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there traditionally a lot of movement on their waitlist?
not sure. i don't think so bc i know most people are waitlisted or accepted. I don't think they send rejections.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Also Elmira is my first choice but now I just have the 30 day notif for Erie which was second choice. Elmira now just says under review

nope, no email update. its on the admissions status, like drop down menu.
For me when I click admissions status it just thanks me for interviewing. So I’m assuming it would’ve said waitlisted or accepted if they made a decision right? What’s going on LMAO I’m so confused. To think I did early decision and my info session was almost a month ago like??

Members don't see this ad :)
For me when I click admissions status it just thanks me for interviewing. So I’m assuming it would’ve said waitlisted or accepted if they made a decision right? What’s going on LMAO I’m so confused. To think I did early decision and my info session was almost a month ago like??
From what I’ve seen, they’re sending all acceptances by mail and then waitlists on admission status. Mine went from thank you to under review for Elmira but for Erie it says 30 days

A today for Elmira! Came in the mail in a small envelope. Wishing everyone the best!!!

Reactions: 3 users
waitlist but i only found out just b/c i randomly logged onto my portal. no email or phone notifications. as mentioned above, i do think it's acceptances by mail and everything else by portal without notification

waitlist but i only found out just b/c i randomly logged onto my portal. no email or phone notifications. as mentioned above, i do think it's acceptances by mail and everything else by portal without notification
was also WL yesterday via portal.

I was the first info session and haven't received anything back. Don't know what to think anymore ngl

I was the first info session and haven't received anything back. Don't know what to think anymore ngl
i was early as well, 9/9 info. but perhaps it just means yours might be coming in mail. fingers crossed.

A from the mail today!!! does anyone know if there's an accepted student group for Elmira?

From what I’ve seen, they’re sending all acceptances by mail and then waitlists on admission status. Mine went from thank you to under review for Elmira but for Erie it says 30 days
so under Elmira it says thank you for interviewing and then it changed to say under review for Elmira? For me mine says thanks for interviewing with Elmira and then it says under review for Erie. my folder items aren't marked as received either :(

so under Elmira it says thank you for interviewing and then it changed to say under review for Elmira? For me mine says thanks for interviewing with Elmira and then it says under review for Erie. my folder items aren't marked as received either :(
yeah Erie was my second choice so I wonder if I am only being considered for Erie now

yeah Erie was my second choice so I wonder if I am only being considered for Erie now
yeah I'm wondering if that's what happened to me too. That means more waiting :( . How is this early decision then lmao we were supposed to know a week ago

II 10/7.

Last edited:
umm so my portal changed from WL to 14 day decision. ! weird.

• Love
umm so my portal changed from WL to 14 day decision. ! weird.
Waitlist isn't a rejection so could very be possible they reviewed your application again. Goodluck to the both of us! If we both get in, hopefully we'll be classmates :)

• Care
For those who got As, did your portal say anything like you’ll receive your decision soon?
Mine changed to a message indicating i would receive my decision in 14 business days. I got an A 5 days later

Mine changed to a message indicating i would receive my decision in 14 business days. I got an A 5 days later
5 days later in the mail? did you check informed delivery? was it on there if you checked

5 days later in the mail? did you check informed delivery? was it on there if you checked
You will be able to see the letter on Informed Delivery, it’s a standard letter size envelope with LECOM on the outside.

For regular decision, how long for a decision after your info session? My info session is tomorrow

Hey does anyone else still say that they do not have requirements met? I was in the 9/30 info session and had half of my coursework completed as received on their end but not the other half (missing orgo, english classes and others for example). I'm going to email them to double check but has this issue persisted with anyone else?

Hey does anyone else still say that they do not have requirements met? I was in the 9/30 info session and had half of my coursework completed as received on their end but not the other half (missing orgo, english classes and others for example). I'm going to email them to double check but has this issue persisted with anyone else?
i don't think you are early decision so maybe they will do yours after they do early decision peoples. i was early decision and my folders are finally checked off.

anyone else get like a weird vibe from Dr. Terry or was it just me lmao

• Haha
anyone else get like a weird vibe from Dr. Terry or was it just me lmao
Man, that was me too. I knew he was trying to sell the school, but everyone thought he was just in it for something else. No offense to him either, but he sounded like a creep too.

• Haha
Man, that was me too. I knew he was trying to sell the school, but everyone thought he was just in it for something else. No offense to him either, but he sounded like a creep too.
His voice and the way he sounded was just weird and creepy? like idk how to describe it but yea

I legit just had my info session today and all my folder items are marked off...

Yo Dr. Terry was on one this morning.. i felt like he was trying to sell us a car or something
I was waiting for him to bring up APR% or some **** fr based off the way he was talking 💀

• Haha
I was waiting for him to bring up APR% or some **** fr based off the way he was talking 💀
Entire time I was thinking “wow all this energy to WL and then silent R most of us”😭. Suzanne/Angela not knowing how to use PowerPoint also took the cake for me

Entire time I was thinking “wow all this energy to WL and then silent R most of us”😭. Suzanne/Angela not knowing how to use PowerPoint also took the cake for me
Homie really also had to say “I want you to come and I want to see all of you” 5 times in the most creepy way possible… the students surprisingly were chill af and that PBL doc but Angela/Suzanne not knowing how to even do a co-host told me all I needed to know 😂

• Haha
Homie really also had to say “I want you to come and I want to see all of you” 5 times in the most creepy way possible… the students surprisingly were chill af and that PBL doc but Angela/Suzanne not knowing how to even do a co-host told me all I needed to know 😂
They were giving me fun drunk aunt vibes I loved it. Did they say what the turnaround is for a decision?

Received an email earlier this week saying I was not chosen for early admission but “good news: application not denied”. Still in the running for regular decision. Guessing this is a waitlist. No portal update or anything.

Got this text this morning: “(LECOM) We were pleased to meet you at your LECOM Elmira interview. We will contact you soon with a decision. TO STOP TXT go to portal.lecom.edu”

Got this text this morning: “(LECOM) We were pleased to meet you at your LECOM Elmira interview. We will contact you soon with a decision. TO STOP TXT go to portal.lecom.edu”
Same here. “Soon” as in 11/15? Hmm