2022-2023 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How does it work for campus choice? Is the Knoxville campus full?
Knoxville is full so you will be placed on a WL to get a spot at the Knoxville campus.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a strange predicament, and I was hoping to get someone's opinion. So I interviewed last week, but just yesterday I received an email directly from LMU Financial Aid saying they are requesting additional documents for my aid review. I haven't been accepted yet, but I don't know why they would want to fool with extra paperwork if I haven't been accepted. Additionally, it said I have to log into MyLMU account to upload the documents, but I don't even have a MyLMU because I'm not currently an accepted student. Ahh now my brain is going non-stop 😩
I suggest you call the financial aid office.

That's what I figured. I wonder how many people they actually get through on the waitlist factoring in the people in between that decline sometimes when they are called to get off the waitlist.
If anybody decides to email about this, keep us in the loop!!😄

Did anyone send a letter of intent? Where would it go, just the general admissions email?

Withdrawing my acceptance from this school (Knoxville campus), hoping it goes to one of you people on the WL. Hopefully this will start some WL movement!

Reactions: 5 users
How do their interviews work?
They do group interviews with three interviewees and two interviewers in the same breakout room on zoom. You get 35 minutes for the interview but because of the multiple people, our group only got about 4 questions each and then a few minutes to ask the interviewers questions.

I have an interview on Friday and was wondering if these are more traditional interviews in terms of the questions asked or if they are more conversational.

I have an interview on Friday and was wondering if these are more traditional interviews in terms of the questions asked or if they are more conversational.
Conversation. I got a lot of personality questions, none about why medicine but it could vary by interviewer I’m sure

Reactions: 1 user
Conversation. I got a lot of personality questions, none about why medicine but it could vary by interviewer I’m sure

Are the group interviews conversational? How do those work? This is the first school I’ve interviewed at that has done groups.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the group interviews conversational? How do those work? This is the first school I’ve interviewed at that has done groups.
They go around in a circle asking direct questions. There’s no pining for speaking time. They pretty much lead the conversation equally between the group (~3 people)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Do a lot of students live in Middlesboro? Do you recommend it? Any advice/ things to look out for for looking for a place?

Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since the April 14th interviews! Fingers crossed we hear some admissions news by tomorrow 🤞 Good luck to everyone!

Hi! Do a lot of students live in Middlesboro? Do you recommend it? Any advice/ things to look out for for looking for a place?
Hi, I am currently a first year student and live in Middlesboro. I know there are many others who do as well. I enjoy it. There are two coffee places I can walk to for studying and it is still super close to campus.

People also live in Tazewell which is in TN about 10 minutes from campus or Cumberland Gap, TN which is 5 minutes from campus.

just received the alternate spot email. Will be turning down!

Just received an offer for waitlist... hopefully there is movement because I really want to go to LMU-DCOM 😭

I am wondering at this point whether or not LMU-DCOM rejects applicants post interview? I mean it is great to at least have the possibility of acceptance, however, how many of us are there really?

I am wondering at this point whether or not LMU-DCOM rejects applicants post interview? I mean it is great to at least have the possibility of acceptance, however, how many of us are there really?
Was wondering the same thing. Seems like there’s at least a couple hundred on their waitlist.

Was wondering the same thing. Seems like there’s at least a couple hundred on their waitlist.
It just gets me wondering whether all our WL are actually WL or there are some silent rejections as well!!! How are they going to select among all WL applicants if there is no ranking?

It just gets me wondering whether all our WL are actually WL or there are some silent rejections as well!!! How are they going to select among all WL applicants if there is no ranking?
Good questions. I was overwhelmed by the amount of people on zoom during my interview day so seeing how many are on the waitlists hasn’t surprised me.

Good questions. I was overwhelmed by the amount of people on zoom during my interview day so seeing how many are on the waitlists hasn’t surprised me.
I just find the whole process very overwhelming and uncertain 🤨. I will be thrilled if I get offered a spot but it is hard to weight in chances with this particular program.

I just find the whole process very overwhelming and uncertain 🤨. I will be thrilled if I get offered a spot but it is hard to weight in chances with this particular program.
Their WL is around 500-600 at the minimum usually, but they pull around 70 people per year off of it

Well that makes me nervous LOL
I think a good chunk does withdraw from the WL since by this time, most people have an A somewhere else (May 15 traffic deadline too) hence around probably 100-200 people is off the WL by then.

I think a good chunk does withdraw from the WL since by this time, most people have an A somewhere else (May 15 traffic deadline too) hence around probably 100-200 people is off the WL by then.
I’m certainly hoping! Anybody know if the 21st was the last round of interviews? Maybe WL spots will start moving once they hear their status!

I’m certainly hoping! Anybody know if the 21st was the last round of interviews? Maybe WL spots will start moving once they hear their status!
I believe someone mentioned they will have an interview today! So, I would believe real WL movement will start towards 2 week of May unless they have a different team reviewing applications already.

Is the waitlist ranked? I saw last years forum and it appeared to pull people off by the time they were waitlisted

Got accepted to harrogate last night! Good luck t0 everyone still waiting :) hang in there

Reactions: 1 users