2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed yet? If so, how did it go? I interview tomorrow afternoon

Did anyone get an preview day open house email from them?

Reactions: 7 users
I received one this morning.
I haven’t received one. That could either mean that they’re sending that email in waves or certain applicants that are being considered are getting them

I haven’t received one. That could either mean that they’re sending that email in waves or certain applicants that are being considered are getting them
When did you submit your secondary? I’m assuming it’s just being sent out in waves that correspond to complete applications timing. I wouldn’t stress about it 😊

When did you submit your secondary? I’m assuming it’s just being sent out in waves that correspond to complete applications timing. I wouldn’t stress about it 😊
I submitted on 7/9. It kind of sounds like what Drexel did with their virtual open house where they sent it out in waves

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can’t remember where but I vaguely remember reading something that they send 500 interviews and have 125 students. Not sure how many A’s are sent tho
Yes that is on there site which is about a 50% post II acceptance because schools typically accept 2x the number of seats. With an interview as early as august I would assume your chances are higher than 50% and if I’m being optimistic would guess around 75%

Yes that is on there site which is about a 50% post II acceptance because schools typically accept 2x the number of seats. With an interview as early as august I would assume your chances are higher than 50% and if I’m being optimistic would guess around 75%

I didn’t know they accept 2x the number of seats! That’s helpful to hear, thank you.

Does anyone know how long it takes them to send out secondaries? I am still waiting for mine

Why isn’t this school listed on US news? Is there a reason and will it ever be listed?

anyone get an email from dean of diversity? wondering if only some got it or everyone

Reactions: 2 users
anyone get an email from dean of diversity? wondering if only some got it or everyone
nope. I used to get all the promotion emails from OUWB before I submitted my secondaries, now I don't. I think this was the case for me during the last cycle too.

nope. I used to get all the promotion emails from OUWB before I submitted my secondaries, now I don't. I think this was the case for me during the last cycle too.
i have already submitted my secondary a while back

Submitted my secondary first week of August and have gotten 3 “Learn more about OUWB” emails..

Reactions: 3 users
i have already submitted my secondary a while back
yea I don't know. I assume they try to send the email to everyone but for some reason not everything gets sent (drexel has the same issue)? Or they just send the email to random batches.

same, received notification of primary receipt on 7/29
So I just got off of the phone w/t someone from admission. They said that you have to meet certain GPA and MCAT qualifications. My cumulative GPA and MCAT is 3.0+ and 500+ but my undergrad science GPA is 2.8+ :/

Maybe that's why I haven't gotten it yet :(
My grad science GPA is 3.8+ , so I thought they would look into that

So I just got off of the phone w/t someone from admission. They said that you have to meet certain GPA and MCAT qualifications. My cumulative GPA and MCAT is 3.0+ and 500+ but my undergrad science GPA is 2.8+ :/

Maybe that's why I haven't gotten it yet :(
My grad science GPA is 3.8+ , so I thought they would look into that
its crazy because i saw someone get an interview with 499 mcat (after 4 takes) and barely a 3.0 after doing like 100 post bacc credits. so i'm wondering if they can lenient on the requirements as this person got an II with 499?

its crazy because i saw someone get an interview with 499 mcat (after 4 takes) and barely a 3.0 after doing like 100 post bacc credits. so i'm wondering if they can lenient on the requirements as this person got an II with 499?
Yea i think i saw a similar post as well! I don't really know much about the person's background (ie ORM or URM) nor how long they had to wait on secondaries. I am an ORM and prior to me adding OUWB to my primary app, I got so many emails from the diversity dean.
CMU med said the same thing to me but the person I called said that I should be patient because someone from admissions may pull out my file to evaluate my grad GPA. OUWB just told me to reach out to AMCAS and wait to see IF anything happens bc they weren't sure.

I am trying to be hopeful but Im limited to instate schools

Yea i think i saw a similar post as well! I don't really know much about the person's background (ie ORM or URM) nor how long they had to wait on secondaries. I am an ORM and prior to me adding OUWB to my primary app, I got so many emails from the diversity dean.
CMU med said the same thing to me but the person I called said that I should be patient because someone from admissions may pull out my file to evaluate my grad GPA. OUWB just told me to reach out to AMCAS and wait to see IF anything happens bc they weren't sure.

I am trying to be hopeful but Im limited to instate schools
What state are you a resident of?

Am I shooting myself in the foot by just now considering of applying here? OOS, 514/4.0 without any ties to Michigan. ~250 hrs nonclinical volunteering and solid clinical experience. Don't want to be wasting money

Am I shooting myself in the foot by just now considering of applying here? OOS, 514/4.0 without any ties to Michigan. ~250 hrs nonclinical volunteering and solid clinical experience. Don't want to be wasting money
Anything is possible. If your ECs are good shoot your shot, you have solid stats for sure. If the money situation is that tight maybe reconsider, otherwise I'd say its worthwhile

I was complete 7/20 and still have not heard anything. I have strong connections to OUWB and it is one of my top picks. LM~70
Does anyone know how they review apps?

I was complete 7/20 and still have not heard anything. I have strong connections to OUWB and it is one of my top picks. LM~70
Does anyone know how they review apps?
I went to their preview day a couple weeks ago and they said that they review apps at random, not in the order the that they're submitted. I've been complete since late June and haven't heard anything either.

The admin that day said that OUWB communicates with applicants throughout the entire process and doesn't ghost people or hand out soft Rs. They also said that no news is good news.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I went to their preview day a couple weeks ago and they said that they review apps at random, not in the order the that they're submitted. I've been complete since late June and haven't heard anything either.

The admin that day said that OUWB communicates with applicants throughout the entire process and doesn't ghost people or hand out soft Rs. They also said that no news is good news.
i agree! i think they have sent out R's already to some people. so they don't wait til the end to reject people!!

Everyone I know who applied here last year heard nothing till march and got a pre II R In State too