A.T. Still University Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear back after my interview! Good luck all 10/3 interviewees! If the pattern holds true we might hear today or Thursday!! Scary!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear back after my interview! Good luck all 10/3 interviewees! If the pattern holds true we might hear today or Thursday!! Scary!
Any idea what time it would be, if today?

No idea, but there was someone from the last interview that heard at 1:30.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I'm hoping Arizona time now! Oh well maybe some time this week.

If there are any accepted students who are looking for a roommate, I am looking into moving into the Colonial Grand and am looking for a female roommate. PM me if interested.

Should those who interviewed early October expect to hear anything today or tomorrow?? Still crossing my fingers for a happy phone call!

On my way to the airport to fly to Phoenix! Interviewing tomorrow!

Anyone hear who had a 10/3 interview? I haven't heard a peep!

There have been acceptances because people got added to the Facebook group, but I don't know from which date

Interviewed today!
Great campus, great technology, great mission, very friendly environment. If you are into serving low-income, underserved communities this is the school for you.

Faculty interview went very well, they said they liked my answers and they seemed pretty impressed lol that made my day :) But sadly MMI was a litle awkward for me :/ so idk what to expect. Hoping for the best

Me either! I'm hoping next week!

Still no news here either! Figured they wouldn't call on Friday as people were interviewing...hope we hear back this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call! I interviewed 10/3

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! What CHC are you guys choosing?

I'm in! I chose SC. I'm super pumped!

Reactions: 2 users
Ugggh, I have been complete since July 28th and I still have not heard anything. Last time I called them they said I was still under review, but is it normal to not hear anything at all for over 2 months? I didn't receive a rejection in the mail or a your on hold e-mail.

Does anyone know when admissions downloads the weekly applications? I've had my secondary in for quite a while but I took the MCAT late so I received my scores last Tuesday and AACOMAS got them last Thursday. I e-mailed admissions and the lady said they should receive my scores after this weeks download. I thought I saw somewhere it said they usually update/download on Tuesdays but I just wanted to check if I heard right.

**Nevermind! Of course 5-minutes after I posted this question my file was updated!**

Last edited:
My secondary app was received 9/19 and my evaluation letters were received 9/23. How is the timeframe for SOMA to turnaround review and extend interview invites?

And if I gain acceptance elsewhere in the meantime, how do people reconcile the deadlines other schools impose when you are still waiting to hear from other top-choice schools?

My secondary app was received 9/19 and my evaluation letters were received 9/23. How is the timeframe for SOMA to turnaround review and extend interview invites?

And if I gain acceptance elsewhere in the meantime, how do people reconcile the deadlines other schools impose when you are still waiting to hear from other top-choice schools?
Mine was around 8 weeks, but it has varied for people (most sooner.)

As far as deposit deadlines you can either pay the deposit at the school you are accepted at or hold out in hopes you get accepted at your top choice. You can't really avoid the deposit deadline as far as I know.

Is there a class of 2019 thread?? I haven't found one yet.

Is there a class of 2019 thread?? I haven't found one yet.
No, not as far as I know. Feel free to make one and post the link if you want. We do have a Facebook page though

No, not as far as I know. Feel free to make one and post the link if you want. We do have a Facebook page though
Ok good to know, Yeah I saw that, I sent a request to join so I'll just wait for that.

Does anyone know if you can switch schools that you applied to? I applied to ATSU-KCOM and I think I would much rather go to ATSU-SOMA.

Does anyone know if you can switch schools that you applied to? I applied to ATSU-KCOM and I think I would much rather go to ATSU-SOMA.
I doubt it. I was rejected pre interview at KCOM but interviewed at SOMA and am waiting to hear back

No. You have to fill out a new secondary. They aren't the same school and the secondaries aren't the same.

Sorry to hear about the rejection @casexyouxloose but hopefully somewhere else works out! I received an acceptance call yesterday. Interviewed 10/17. Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear what CHC we get?

Sorry to hear about the rejection @casexyouxloose but hopefully somewhere else works out! I received an acceptance call yesterday. Interviewed 10/17. Does anyone know when we are supposed to hear what CHC we get?
You rank them and then get assigned to an open spot. If a location higher up on your list opens up, they will email you and ask if you still want it. There is usually a lot of movement up til January

is there a spot on the portal that we can find out our applicatoin status? I only have the dates they received my documents but nothing else. Never got a complete email either.

This is a question I have for current students:

When the handbook mentions professional dress for class, what constitutes as professional? Khakis? Slacks? Really, all it says is no jeans.

This is a question I have for current students:

When the handbook mentions professional dress for class, what constitutes as professional? Khakis? Slacks? Really, all it says is no jeans.

The bottom line is that the administration is pretty relaxed on this point.

For men it technically means a button up shirt with slacks. I have yet to really figure out what business casual for women means. After the first week or two, many people just wear the scrubs that the school recommends you buy. Then people typically stop wearing the scrub top and just have an undershirt and the scrub pants on. Since OMM/ Medical Skills lab requires gym shorts and a T shirt, the truest since of professional dress becomes fuzzy after awhile and people definitely take advantage of that as time goes on.

I interviewed here on October 17th. I heard some people have already gotten acceptance calls and rejection emails from that date. I've received neither. I know they mentioned a 3-6 week notification period, but should I give their admissions a call? Kinda worried.

I interviewed here on October 17th. I heard some people have already gotten acceptance calls and rejection emails from that date. I've received neither. I know they mentioned a 3-6 week notification period, but should I give their admissions a call? Kinda worried.
I haven't heard yet, and I know at least one other who hasn't heard back from that date either. I guess we just wait a bit longer...

+1, I guess I'll keep waiting.

That's reassuring! Is it acceptable to contact admissions with additional activities? I just got a job at a hospital that I hadn't yet begun working at during my interview.

I was late with my secondary so I’m still waiting for an II. But I wanted to double check and see what to look for if I receive one and an eventual acceptance.

From what I can tell II’s are sent via e-mail and rejection prior to interview via mail? And acceptance is a phone call while rejection is still conventional mail? It appears II's aren't typically sent on a particular day either, if I'm not mistaken?

I’m curious because I received a letter for ATSU and my heart dropped since I thought it might be a rejection, but it turned out to be a birthday card haha (I graduated from the MPH program so the staff in the program sent me a card). Perfect timing

Random question for current students: I was told during my interview that students get free YMCA gym membership during year one. Is there some sort of fitness reimbursement during year 2 at the community campuses?

Random question for current students: I was told during my interview that students get free YMCA gym membership during year one. Is there some sort of fitness reimbursement during year 2 at the community campuses?
There is no "fitness reimbursement," but the YMCA in my CHC's town still gives us free membership during 2nd year. Not sure if it's like that at all CHCs.

There is no "fitness reimbursement," but the YMCA in my CHC's town still gives us free membership during 2nd year. Not sure if it's like that at all CHCs.
Which CHC are you at, if you don't mind me asking.