Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year when I applied, I talked about my depression and anxiety in that section. I think it might have negatively impacted my acceptance. I received 2 interview invites and one of the interviewers told me that if I struggled because of those illnesses my freshman year then I'll probably struggle during dental school (which I thought was not true). When I talked to dental school advisors from other schools about why I might not have received interview invites, they all said that they didn't know because my application was solid. Now I'm re-applying and I did not mention anywhere in my application about my depression and anxiety. If you have a good GPA and DAT scores, then they might overshadow the depression part, but I'm not entirely sure.
Arguably the best signature I have seen on SDN excellent work :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm wondering how many schools did you apply to and if you don't mind sharing your stats.
Sorry that you had to reapply cuz you shared that with them

I applied to 7 schools. My oGPA is 3.5 and sGPA 3.3. I got 20 AA/TS/PAT w/ nothing below a 17. My GPA has been in an upward trend since the end of freshman year (I had a 2.9 then). I think my scores are pretty average.
Arguably the best signature I have seen on SDN excellent work :thumbup:

Haha thank you :)

Does the order of activities, experience, etc. matter on the AADSAS application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to clarify, once you submit the application, it doesn't get verified for 4-6 weeks, right? So does that mean we have those 4-6 weeks to turn in the supplemental app/fees? Because schools wouldn't even look at your aadsas app until verified? Or do you not wait for verification and just turn in the supplemental?

Also, why does it say "not mailed" next to list of schools page on the page? I already paid and submitted it last night?

Thanks!

Just to clarify, once you submit the application, it doesn't get verified for 4-6 weeks, right? So does that mean we have those 4-6 weeks to turn in the supplemental app/fees? Because schools wouldn't even look at your aadsas app until verified? Or do you not wait for verification and just turn in the supplemental?

Also, why does it say "not mailed" next to list of schools page on the page? I already paid and submitted it last night?

Thanks!
Yes, approximately. Yes, schools won't look until it's verified, but after you submit, you should start working on supplementals.
It won't be mailed until you are verified

I applied to 7 schools. My oGPA is 3.5 and sGPA 3.3. I got 20 AA/TS/PAT w/ nothing below a 17. My GPA has been in an upward trend since the end of freshman year (I had a 2.9 then). I think my scores are pretty average.
Thank you for sharing this
Hopefully you will make this year. Good luck.
How many schools did you apply this time? I encourage you to apply for more schools

Do I need to include any street addresses for my evaluators or is just email fine? Also, does it look unprofessional to put the business name for my dentist to state it as "*Dentist Last Name* Dental"? I can't really think of any other way to say it and I think I'm overthinking this

Do I need to include any street addresses for my evaluators or is just email fine? Also, does it look unprofessional to put the business name for my dentist to state it as "*Dentist Last Name* Dental"? I can't really think of any other way to say it and I think I'm overthinking this
The dentist I shadowed worked at like 14 different offices, so he just wanted me to put Dr. Firstname Lastname DDS LLC as the name of his office/business. His email address is also [email protected]

I was so worried ad coms were thinking to think it was fake :laugh:

The dentist I shadowed worked at like 14 different offices, so he just wanted me to put Dr. Firstname Lastname DDS LLC as the name of his office/business. His email address is also [email protected]

I was so worried ad coms were thinking to think it was fake :laugh:
Lol I should be fine with *Last Name* Dental then. And street address isn't important right

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, have anyone heard any Buddhists applied to LLU and received acceptance/interview? The secondary supplement fee is around $150. I don't mind the strict school agreement (no alcohols, veg based meals, etc...) and mandatory chapel attendance. I am unsure how they view Buddhists at the institute. There was one buddhist for class of 2017, which isn't too hopeful.

Thanks for your time.

Thank you for sharing this
Hopefully you will make this year. Good luck.
How many schools did you apply this time? I encourage you to apply for more schools
This time I am applying to more schools. like 10-13 schools.
That's actually not true! Where did you interview and which school mentioned that to you?
and I know that's not true. That's why I told him right then that it's not true and that I know I won't fail. nyu.

Hi, have anyone heard any Buddhists applied to LLU and received acceptance/interview? The secondary supplement fee is around $150. I don't mind the strict school agreement (no alcohols, veg based meals, etc...) and mandatory chapel attendance. I am unsure how they view Buddhists at the institute. There was one buddhist for class of 2017, which isn't too hopeful.

Thanks for your time.
If they accepted a Buddhist, they likely don't have a problem with it. If I had to guess, the lack of Buddhist matriculants is likely that Buddhists typically don't apply to a school that centers around the SDA faith, and instead opt for schools without religious affiliations

I took my DAT on June 27th. When can I expect official scores to be uploaded?

Also ADEA has my transcripts and I submitted on July 1. When should my GPA be posted?

I know the times they list on their site, but 4-6 weeks for GPA verification seems just ridiculously long and an overestimate.

Also ADEA has my transcripts and I submitted on July 1. When should my GPA be posted?

I know the times they list on their site, but 4-6 weeks for GPA verification seems just ridiculously long and an overestimate.
Soon
A few weeks
It's accurate. Just be patient because there's nothing you can do now to speed it up

Scores take 2-3 weeks to be uploaded, expect them soon. GPA, at least last year, took the full 4-6 weeks. People have been saying it's much faster this year though.

Scores take 2-3 weeks to be uploaded, expect them soon. GPA, at least last year, took the full 4-6 weeks. People have been saying it's much faster this year though.
That's comforting, at least it gives me time to do U Minnesota's massive supplemental.

What's Minnesota's massive supplement? And do they send it to us or we have to send it along with AADSAS
You send it with AADSAS, it's got two essays minimum, depending on your circumstances, and you pretty much have to retype your entire application that you already sent them. Not sure why it is like that. They probably want to know that you really want it.

You send it with AADSAS, it's got two essays minimum, depending on your circumstances, and you pretty much have to retype your entire application that you already sent them. Not sure why it is like that. They probably want to know that you really want it.
They also have more room for characters so you can type more. AADSAS can be a bit brief in my opinion.

I just got an interview at NOVA but my school committee hasn't send their letter yet, do some schools look at the application without the letter or is NOVA just an exception?

Also would it be bad to ask how much longer until the letter is done? it's been 3 weeks.

QUESTION:

I submitted my ADEA application a week ago with my completed letters of recommendation. Now, I found out that one of my writers has a new job at Stanford University and the email the writer used was my university email. Example: [email protected]. How likely do the schools contact the writers? Because I can't make any changes on my ADEA application and the writer has no access to the employee account anymore once she leaves the university.

QUESTION:

I submitted my ADEA application a week ago with my completed letters of recommendation. Now, I found out that one of my writers has a new job at Stanford University and the email the writer used was my university email. Example: [email protected]. How likely do the schools contact the writers? Because I can't make any changes on my ADEA application and the writer has no access to the employee account anymore once she leaves the university.
If the already submitted the letter, it doesn't matter.

Two of my English courses at my university have a course ID different from ENG, so AADSAS changed them to non-science courses upon verification. I only have one of my English courses listed now (only 4 credits). I shot them an email and hopefully they resolve it. Anyone have experience with AADSAS changing the course type to the wrong one?

Is anything actually going to update on the AADSAS page until December 1st? I'm checking it every day just in case but if I don't have to be I'd like to know.

Two of my English courses at my university have a course ID different from ENG, so AADSAS changed them to non-science courses upon verification. I only have one of my English courses listed now (only 4 credits). I shot them an email and hopefully they resolve it. Anyone have experience with AADSAS changing the course type to the wrong one?
I don't think they'll change it, as "English" classes are only the ones with ENG prefix. Individual schools will probably still consider it as fulfilling the requirement though. If they tell you you're missing a pre-req you can just explain it to them and you should be alright.

Is anything actually going to update on the AADSAS page until December 1st? I'm checking it every day just in case but if I don't have to be I'd like to know.
Yes, but any changes ("application under review" or "invited to interview") will be accompanied by an email from the school, which you'll probably get first. You don't have to check every day. Do check your email though

I don't think they'll change it, as "English" classes are only the ones with ENG prefix. Individual schools will probably still consider it as fulfilling the requirement though. If they tell you you're missing a pre-req you can just explain it to them and you should be alright.
Thanks! I'll email each school individually depending on what AADSAS tells me.

Can I submit my App without LOR or Personal statement ( I sent transcripts) , taking my DAT on JULY 27th. Thanks

So my app is being mailed out tomorrow but i have a problem..
I only have 2 of my LORs uploaded to my Interfolio. I won't get the Dentist LOR uploaded until this weekend. Would schools start reviewing applications without my letters? Should i upload the 2 letters right now or should i wait until i get the Dentist LOR and upload them all to AADSAS at the same time?

So my app is being mailed out tomorrow but i have a problem..
I only have 2 of my LORs uploaded to my Interfolio. I won't get the Dentist LOR uploaded until this weekend. Would schools start reviewing applications without my letters? Should i upload the 2 letters right now or should i wait until i get the Dentist LOR and upload them all to AADSAS at the same time?
They won't review you without letters. This weekend is like 2 days from now. You can wait until you have the dentist letter and upload them all

I'm still waiting for my school committee to upload their letter, how much longer should i wait before it's better to just upload my individual letters?

It's been about 18 days since the interview and I finished all my secondaries for the schools that have sent them so pretty much just waiting on the letter.

I'm still waiting for my school committee to upload their letter, how much longer should i wait before it's better to just upload my individual letters?

It's been about 18 days since the interview and I finished all my secondaries for the schools that have sent them so pretty much just waiting on the letter.
If you've waited this long, may as well wait for the committee letter. Mine came at the beginning of August and it was 100000% fine. Don't worry.

I'd give it another week or two. You don't really want to head into mid-August and not have those letters in.

Does anyone 100% know if Nova does or does not offer a fee waiver? I know what the ADEA guide says but it also says LECOM doesn't offer a waiver and I've read on here that they do. They are taking a long time to reply to my email so just wanted to see if anybody has received confirmation from them.

Does anyone 100% know if Nova does or does not offer a fee waiver? I know what the ADEA guide says but it also says LECOM doesn't offer a waiver and I've read on here that they do. They are taking a long time to reply to my email so just wanted to see if anybody has received confirmation from them.
Call them. Rule of thumb for this entire process. They receive way too many emails.

I wouldn't worry until mid-August.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I would like to know if Meharry and Howard only consider URM. There are "chance me" posts that were told not to apply to those two schools because the OP were not URM. There are posts from the past that said it is not the case. I took a look at the ADEA booklet and saw that Meharry and Howard both offered and accepted non-URM. Please kindly clarify this because I am confused.

Hi, I would like to know if Meharry and Howard only consider URM. There are "chance me" posts that were told not to apply to those two schools because the OP were not URM. There are posts from the past that said it is not the case. I took a look at the ADEA booklet and saw that Meharry and Howard both offered and accepted non-URM. Please kindly clarify this because I am confused.
They don't only consider URMs, but from what I've heard, they're more mission-based, that mission being to sent dentists to underrepresented communities (I could be wrong on the exact mission. I'm sure it's on their website). If you would like to attend Meharry or Howard, apply. If you're using them as a backup, find a different backup

They are predominantly URM driven. They can't outright deny non-URMs.

Of course they don't ONLY consider URM but e.g. per the ADEA guide - Meharry 2013 entering class - 11 white/asian enrollees out of ~1000 applicants, not exactly great odds.

Does anyone know the general time frame for when a letter of reference will be uploaded to the portal. My dentist had a lot of trouble uploading it but said he did it on the 5th but it AADSAS has not been updated yet.

Does anyone know the general time frame for when a letter of reference will be uploaded to the portal. My dentist had a lot of trouble uploading it but said he did it on the 5th but it AADSAS has not been updated yet.

AADSAS should send you a confirmation saying that it has received the letter within hours. If you haven't received anything, it meant he did not upload it correctly. Make sure he upload the letter in the right format that AADSAS required or it will not go through. That was what happened to me.

I'm a little confused when people say they checked the portal and it said "received" "interview offered" etc etc. are they referring to the AADSAS portal or the individual schools portal? Thank you:)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile