BATTLE OF THE BANDS WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guess who's back, back again. Shady's back, tell a friend.

e49.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Genre theory?

Black-Eyed Peas and Toby Keith.. not even close to same genre... :laugh:
Does anyone know what genres kaydubs, haxx, and/or rojo like or dislike?

Hip-hop (chillbo) is still sort of like rock, at least more so than a pop or country band. I think. I'm incredibly unfamiliar with hip hop.

What about record labels? I'll google this in case there's anything obvious there.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this means anything, but so far both wolves worked with A&M Records at some point, and as far as I know none of the villagers did.

Many players were protected, safely performing without delay. Unfortunately, two among your number were not so lucky. @Flim Flam Man - Fun. was found by one of our security guards brutally beaten. He has been taken to the hospital to recover. Sharing his ambulance was @Frozenshades - Foo Fighters. He had been nearly suffocated in his sleep but no one could identify the blonde-haired assailant fleeing the scene. Some players may have been scheduled to perform at another stage.

With the 4th of July approaching, we will need some flexibility. I will be without internet after work. I may be able to acquire some tomorrow but I can't guarantee a time. We'll work it out, I suppose. If you'd all survive it, we can have a patriotic holiday without WW. Just let me know :biglove:

It is now Day 6. 17 bands remain. deadline: whenever.

Current Roster:

North Stage

1. Frozenshades
3. @MrsSOV
4. @allieh8607
P̶h̶i̶l̶l̶i̶a̶b̶

South Stage
6. M̶a̶d̶ ̶J̶a̶c̶k̶
7. @WildZoo
8. @WillowLeaf
9. @VetAshley2117
23. @DVMDream
10. T̶o̶u̶c̶h̶p̶a̶u̶s̶e̶1̶3̶
2. S̶t̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶o̶v̶e̶r̶V̶e̶t̶

East Stage
11. @Chillbo Baggins
12. R̶o̶m̶o̶r̶e̶t̶
A̶s̶h̶g̶i̶r̶l̶
14. @UFprevet12
15. C̶r̶a̶c̶k̶e̶r̶.̶J̶a̶c̶k̶.̶ ̶
19. b̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶i̶m̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶o̶

West Stage
16. G̶w̶e̶n̶e̶v̶r̶e̶
17. @hedgiehog
18. @jjohnston
20. @ResoluteMike

Center Stage
21. @dyachei
22. @LetItSnow : IWannaRock \m/ \m/
24. @devyn
25. Flim Flam Man

Mosh Pit
26. @ksmi117
27. l̶h̶m̶h̶t̶d̶
28. s̶w̶i̶n̶g̶n̶s̶a̶v̶e̶
29. @Cyndia
30. @Escalla

31. S̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r̶T̶h̶e̶L̶y̶n̶x̶

My vote is to pause and resume on Monday, but that's just my preference. I'd rather be water skiing that compiling results, but I guess that show I'm not dedicated enough to the serious bizness that is WW. ;) :lame:

My vote is to pause and resume on Monday, but that's just my preference. I'd rather be water skiing that compiling results, but I guess that show I'm not dedicated enough to the serious bizness that is WW. ;) :lame:
definitely not dedicated enough.

Reactions: 2 users
definitely not dedicated enough.

x1000

Modding is a commitment. I don't think you knew what you were getting into. :lame:

Whatever you guys want to do I'm cool with. I already had my patriotic fun. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What every good patriotic holiday weekend needs is a good lynching to set it off. I nominate Justin Bieber. If enough folks are in favor more details will be provided.

What every good patriotic holiday weekend needs is a good lynching to set it off. I nominate Justin Bieber. If enough folks are in favor more details will be provided.

Does this mean you know who Bieber is? With whom we've lynched so far (and simply the fact he's bieber), I'd say there's a solid chance they're a wolf. You should definitely share.

Also.. I'd prefer lynching through the weekend, because I have a seriously unhealthy addiction to ww, but I'm obviously fine with whatever the mods need. :)

More details please!

I'm going to be on the road later today and can check in at times this weekend but I'm spending time with friends this weekend.

Just the person I want to see on the thread. I figured I had the same problem you did. Three people in my group. One of them MIA and the other cagey. The other two original members were killed as villagers, so I used one of my one shot songs to scry Hedgiehog. I will post the actual mod response when I get home, gov computers block SDN.

Completely forgot that I was signed up for a game. Not sure if it is worth reading up on 15 pages of thread.

Just the person I want to see on the thread. I figured I had the same problem you did. Three people in my group. One of them MIA and the other cagey. The other two original members were killed as villagers, so I used one of my one shot songs to scry Hedgiehog. I will post the actual mod response when I get home, gov computers block SDN.
What person you want to see on the thread? So Hedgie is Beiber? I'm a little confused what you're saying.

Or you could just say "hedgie is bieber" if that's what you're tryinig to say. I'm also confused by this post, but would like to lynch whoever is beiber.

****lynch hedgie**** if she is bieber she's definitely got to go hahaha. Also I'm about to hit the road but I'll try to check in if I can. It's gonna be crazy with the holiday!

lynch hedgie There's no way Bieber would participate in a battle of the bands.

@ResoluteMike, I'm around plenty, considering I said in the beginning that I work all day and can't really play much until after work. You've only sent me one PM and it was just "How's it going?" I don't generally PM in WW unless I have a reason to trust someone, and at the time I had no idea if you were safe and no reason to really chat with you. Since you're giving us Bieber, I'm more inclined to trust you.

During your song, you discover that hedgiehog is Justin Bieber. You also receive an anonymous message after your set.

"Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire
There's a wolf in the heat."

Mod response as promised.

Completely forgot that I was signed up for a game. Not sure if it is worth reading up on 15 pages of thread.
These 2 messages make my grumpiness explode. Really???

I take back anything nice I have said bout noobs.

Reactions: 4 users
Lynch has been suspended due to this mod's error. :bang: Night deadline: next time I get to internet.

The vast majority of businesses are closed here tomorrow for the 4th but will try to get my hands on some internet. There's a possibility I can maybe squeeze in a lynch & another night cycle if, yanno, I don't make more errors..... On Saturday, I shall be flying but have a 2 hour lay over in Denver. In other words, deadlines will be willy nilly (my apologies) but on Sunday, I'll be home again and we can go back to a more standardized schedule (day hours for lynching & night for PM's). On the bright side, my dad finally got wireless for our house. I'm almost thinking my father's playing a joke on me & when I get home, it'll still be dial-up +pissed+

So we're not lynching anyone this cycle? What. Contingency lynch hedgie for next lynch cycle.

I have dry sense of humor that is completely unappreciated online.

No, you made absolutely zero sense.

I have only lynched you once at the very beginning of the game. So there is no "over trying to lynch you". I haven't been forcefully or really attempting to lynch you at all.

Not only that, but why exactly do I need to give you pointers? I am not in your group, so I can't PM with you. What do you want? Some WW guide on the thread?

Here is a starting point:

1. Make your posts make some type of real sense in context with the game.

2. If you have info, just say it. Don't beat around the bush, it is annoying.

No, you made absolutely zero sense.

I have only lynched you once at the very beginning of the game. So there is no "over trying to lynch you". I haven't been forcefully or really attempting to lynch you at all.

Not only that, but why exactly do I need to give you pointers? I am not in your group, so I can't PM with you. What do you want? Some WW guide on the thread?

Here is a starting point:

1. Make your posts make some type of real sense in context with the game.

2. If you have info, just say it. Don't beat around the bush, it is annoying.
Speaking of... Can we add people to PM groups when people are moved? Or are there any rules this game I'm forgetting?

Historically, you can add them. So I would say you can unless otherwise stated.
Thanks. I thought so but couldn't remember if kaydubs had said anything about that.

I don't see why you couldn't; in theory, if it wasn't allowed, someone could copy/paste all the previous messages into the new convo.

However, it is up to kaydubs and Haxx.