BATTLE OF THE BANDS WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't see why you couldn't; in theory, if it wasn't allowed, someone could copy/paste all the previous messages into the new convo.

However, it is up to kaydubs and Haxx.
Already done so I hope it's okay! I was just checking because I couldn't remember if it was this game or last game where we were allowed to edit and use the direct quote function, but we couldn't add someone to an existing conversation.

Members don't see this ad.

So. I anesthetized an alpaca today for a very lengthy fracture repair. That was fun.

Anyway. I'm super glad this lynch got delayed, because I'd feel really bad if I didn't get to vote to lynch Hedgie - villager or wolf, Bieber is pretty much an auto-lynch.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So. I anesthetized an alpaca today for a very lengthy fracture repair. That was fun.

Anyway. I'm super glad this lynch got delayed, because I'd feel really bad if I didn't get to vote to lynch Hedgie - villager or wolf, Bieber is pretty much an auto-lynch.
You might want to make that a contingency vote to make sure it counts. If I understand correctly, this lynch was canceled and it's now night, and we'll be lynching hedgie tomorrow.

Ok so here's the deal. I want to get this out in the open now because the wolves seem to be onto me and I have a feeling I will die tonight. They killed my confidant (FS) and someone (I'm guessing a wolf) silenced me during the day. Mrs SOV is Taylor Swift. I would look into her after the hedgie thing.

Reactions: 1 user
I can believe MrsSOV is a wolf. Her voting record is kind of odd.

Ok so here's the deal. I want to get this out in the open now because the wolves seem to be onto me and I have a feeling I will die tonight. They killed my confidant (FS) and someone (I'm guessing a wolf) silenced me during the day. Mrs SOV is Taylor Swift. I would look into her after the hedgie thing.

The last writeup said FS was killed by a blonde haired assailant, so I definitely think that's a worthy lynch to pursue too. If any villager has a song they think will kill or block, using it on hedgie or MrsSOV this night cycle would probably be a good idea..

Last edited:
I'm ok with Taylor Swift being a wolf. At least the radio has stopped putting her crap on replay.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, I am Taylor Swift (jealous?) and I assume I am a villager. My role description: "Thanks for signing up for SDN's first ever Battle of the Band. You're Taylor Swift. Your auto-play song is "Red." Your set list includes: I knew you were trouble, 22, You belong with me, Love Story, and Should've said no. Each night, please notify the mods if you'd like to play one of your songs, and if so, which song you'd like to play. Please also provide the mods with which player you'd like to play the song to."

I played "I knew you were trouble" to LIS and got his role name - it is a one word band, I'd rather not say which one but it has two of the same consecutive vowels in the middle.

Being young and successful is not a crime! (if you're talented, as well. Sorry, Bieber).

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? I guess different people have different #s of songs.

Yes, I am Taylor Swift (jealous?) and I assume I am a villager. My role description: "Thanks for signing up for SDN's first ever Battle of the Band. You're Taylor Swift. Your auto-play song is "Red." Your set list includes: I knew you were trouble, 22, You belong with me, Love Story, and Should've said no. Each night, please notify the mods if you'd like to play one of your songs, and if so, which song you'd like to play. Please also provide the mods with which player you'd like to play the song to."

I played "I knew you were trouble" to LIS and got his role name - it is a one word band, I'd rather not say which one but it has two of the same consecutive vowels in the middle.

Being young and successful is not a crime! (if you're talented, as well. Sorry, Bieber).
And the rest of the nights I'm assuming you used your autoplay? Who did you use them on?

I just remembered SOV was taken out night 2... Would not be surprised if MrsSOV was a wolf just based off that :laugh:
And he was moved out of our group night 1. When I was speculating with FS, I mentioned this would be a plausible move the wolves would make to decrease chances of SOV sniffing mrs SOV out if they could communicate.

And he was moved out of our group night 1. When I was speculating with FS, I mentioned this would be a plausible move the wolves would make to decrease chances of SOV sniffing mrs SOV out if they could communicate.

SOV was not moved by wolves.

My set list is similar in length to what MrsSOV said hers is. And her wording was basically the same as mine. But, maybe she got my whole role back - not just role name - and is borrowing the verbiage.

I can see Taylor Swift being a wolf.... but the roll description is similar to mine as well as set list length. I wonder if the wolves were RNG'ed from the set of rolls instead of having some pattern, so that it would be hard to determine who was a wolf based on name or some set of criteria. Kind of like we did in our ZeFrank game, DVM.... and I just did in the Newb 2 game

also are we having a night? and if so are we trying to fit in a lynch today as it is already 5 PM my time.....

I can see Taylor Swift being a wolf.... but the roll description is similar to mine as well as set list length. I wonder if the wolves were RNG'ed from the set of rolls instead of having some pattern, so that it would be hard to determine who was a wolf based on name or some set of criteria. Kind of like we did in our ZeFrank game, DVM.... and I just did in the Newb 2 game

also are we having a night? and if so are we trying to fit in a lynch today as it is already 5 PM my time.....

I could see random being possible. Though the two wolves we have found were both single singers, so I am not sure. If we find a wolf that is a group then I would be more inclined to think it is random.

I could see random being possible. Though the two wolves we have found were both single singers, so I am not sure. If we find a wolf that is a group then I would be more inclined to think it is random.

Ashgirl was a wolf and the blackeyed peas, so I think its either random or based on genre (i.e. any non rock/battle of bands style bands).

because you might be basing it off the incorrect assumption that country music is good music ;)

What are you talking about?

Devyn mentioned the random thing... I know she is not into country.

I said I am not as sure because I had only remembered the two single artists as being wolves. Forgot about the black-eyed peas.

Then someone reminded me of that.

I could see wolf assignments being random or being any genre that is not of a rock genre.... that would include country music singers.

I am still very confused.

That's what I thought, but Chillbo's role is not rock and villager

Ah right.. Though I went back and looked, when he died kaydubs said in the writeup he was the only rapper in the competition. So maybe it's just pop/country roles that are wolves? Either way, should be easy enough to figure out if we lynch either MrsSOV or hedgie since we know they're bieber and taylor swift. If either of them aren't wolves, then I'd say it's safe to assume it's just random distribution.

I could still see rap/hip hop or whatever being more battle-esque.

Can we just lynch Bieber and Taylor Swift and not have 10 pages of nonsense discussing whether Boba Fett is a wolf? Jesus, people. Taylor Swift may not be a wolf, but it's a super reasonable lynch right now given the evidence we have.

Reactions: 1 users
Can we just lynch Bieber and Taylor Swift and not have 10 pages of nonsense discussing whether Boba Fett is a wolf? Jesus, people. Taylor Swift may not be a wolf, but it's a super reasonable lynch right now given the evidence we have.

:eyebrow:

I must be reading a different game thread...

Are you complaining about the posts being on topic right now? :hilarious:
Night hasn't even ended so we can't do anything but discuss

Already done so I hope it's okay! I was just checking because I couldn't remember if it was this game or last game where we were allowed to edit and use the direct quote function, but we couldn't add someone to an existing conversation.
That's fine to add players to new PM groups, should've mentioned that.

I mean I don't think Justin Beiber is a wolf. Maybe we should discuss that...

Mass chaos this evening. Waaaaay too many elimination/assassination rounds to count.

One of our brave bands took action that resulted in some action. Eliminated from BOTB is @MrsSOV - Taylor Swift - a wolf. And, though he tried to protect himself, @ResoluteMike - Police has been eliminated from the competition.

DVMD has been moved back to Center Stage. Please end any PM correspondence in other stage groups :)

Lynch deadline: ______

It is now Day 7. 15 bands remain.

Current Roster:

North Stage
1. Frozenshades
MrsSOV
4. @allieh8607
P̶h̶i̶l̶l̶i̶a̶b̶

South Stage
6. M̶a̶d̶ ̶J̶a̶c̶k̶
7. @WildZoo
8. @WillowLeaf
9. @VetAshley2117
10. T̶o̶u̶c̶h̶p̶a̶u̶s̶e̶1̶3̶
2. S̶t̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶o̶v̶e̶r̶V̶e̶t̶

East Stage
11. @Chillbo Baggins
12. R̶o̶m̶o̶r̶e̶t̶
A̶s̶h̶g̶i̶r̶l̶
14. @UFprevet12
15. C̶r̶a̶c̶k̶e̶r̶.̶J̶a̶c̶k̶.̶ ̶
19. b̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶i̶m̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶o̶

West Stage
16. G̶w̶e̶n̶e̶v̶r̶e̶
17. @hedgiehog
18. @jjohnston
20. ResoluteMike

Center Stage
21. @dyachei
22. @LetItSnow : IWannaRock \m/ \m/
23. @DVMDream
24. @devyn
25. Flim Flam Man

Mosh Pit
26. @ksmi117
27. l̶h̶m̶h̶t̶d̶
28. s̶w̶i̶n̶g̶n̶s̶a̶v̶e̶
29. @Cyndia
30. @Escalla
31. S̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r̶T̶h̶e̶L̶y̶n̶x

Thanks for your understanding thus far in game play.

XOXO- kaydubs

Last edited:
I'm going to go with lynch LIS

What can I say, sometimes you just have to let loose
Of course that doesn't mean I admit to any wrongdoing. I have no idea what you guys are talking about with this lupine business. I'm just trying to have a good time. It's hard out there for a ridiculously rich popstar.

Lol..... Hedgie, yer avatar is making me want to vomit. :)

lynch hedgie ... I think I might have openly announced who I was and said "please lynch me" if I had gotten Beiber.

I played Ladykiller to Hedgie last night hoping it would kill her. It said I was unsuccessful. But good job whoever got MrsSOv!

Lynch Hedgie