Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected yesterday evening post-interview. I thought all 3 of the inverviews went pretty well, but I guess they didn't think I would be a good fit. Seems like a great school- best of luck to all!

Sorry to hear, were you interviewed on 10/20 or 10/21

Members don't see this ad.

Aside from NYC, I have never been to east coast. I heard from a current student that this school has amazing facilities and amazing faculty. Reading on this thread, it seems like the location is perfectly rural, but still close enough to the city for a nice city excursion. I also hear that the housing costs are VERY affordable.

The mission of this school and my life mission a rather congruent, so I am pretty excited about interviewing here.

See you on 12/8, Saxappeal1!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just cancelled my interview and withdrawn my application here. Wish someone else gets my spot. PM me for the interview date that I gave up. :)

Just got a tee-shirt from them in the mail!

From their high quality facilities to their nice gestures, this school is doing everything right :)

Just got a tee-shirt from them in the mail!

From their high quality facilities to their nice gestures, this school is doing everything right :)

I haven't been following the thread that much....

Were you accepted? How did you get the free tee-shirt?

I haven't been following the thread that much....

Were you accepted? How did you get the free tee-shirt?

Yes and I didn't do anything, It just showed up at my address today. The size is off though =T

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Cancelled my interview here as well. Set for Nov 11 if anybody wants to see if they can move up. Really wanted to see what this school had to offer but pretty sure I wouldn't choose it over my other options. Good luck to everyone in the cycle. We'll all soon be doctors.

Reactions: 1 user
II call today! Complete 10/21, scheduled for 12/9. Can't wait to see the campus!

Quick question about this school - they are religiously affiliated w/ Christianity but they nearly do not get as much hate as LUCOM on the threads. Can someone enlighten me please!

Quick question about this school - they are religiously affiliated w/ Christianity but they nearly do not get as much hate as LUCOM on the threads. Can someone enlighten me please!
While the undergrad campus is very baptist and has some strict rules, the medical school is run under it's own rules. The only religious things we've done at school was a prayer at white coat and convocation.

While the undergrad campus is very baptist and has some strict rules, the medical school is run under it's own rules. The only religious things we've done at school was a prayer at white coat and convocation.
This is accurate. When we do the big ceremonies with the main campus, there are religious prayers, but it's not a normal everyday thing and the med school student body is under no pressure to pretend to be christian.

Hey for those who interviewed or those who know about this,
how do you address CUSOM during interview/conversations?
Do you say Campbell/campbelluniversity/campbelluniversityschoolofosteopathicmedicine/CUSOM(CeeYouEsOhEm)/ or Koo Som?
I know it is a bit ridiculous asking but I'm practicing some things to say and I want to know the correct way to say it.
Like PCOM is pee cee oh em but VCOM is Vee COM.
Thanks.

Hey for those who interviewed or those who know about this,
how do you address CUSOM during interview/conversations?
Do you say Campbell/campbelluniversity/campbelluniversityschoolofosteopathicmedicine/CUSOM(CeeYouEsOhEm)/ or Koo Som?
I know it is a bit ridiculous asking but I'm practicing some things to say and I want to know the correct way to say it.
Like PCOM is pee cee oh em but VCOM is Vee COM.
Thanks.

i haven't had either of my two interviews yet (both non-CUSOM), but i plan on using a shortened name... IE i would use Campbell in the interview. if they use Koo-Som in the interview, then I would likely use it after they do.

I just referred to the school as Campbell in my interviews

Thank you guys. I was going to attend the interview and see how they presented themselves but I just wanted to practice a bit before even though I'm sure they won't ask what I practiced...

Thank you guys. I was going to attend the interview and see how they presented themselves but I just wanted to practice a bit before even though I'm sure they won't ask what I practiced...
If you use the shortened version it is actually CUE SOM. Good luck with your interview!

I will be attending this school next fall. Excited to start!

Reactions: 2 users
hey guys, i thought someone else posted this email, but i was wondering if that means they are for sure waiting for my pending score or if my current MCAT score is "competitive enough" that they will send me an II?

24gvsid.png

Just withdrew my spot and acceptance, so hopefully someone on the waitlist can grab it.

hey guys, i thought someone else posted this email, but i was wondering if that means they are for sure waiting for my pending score or if my current MCAT score is "competitive enough" that they will send me an II?

I was sent this same e-mail upon submission, I don't have any pending scores so I believe this is their general receipt of submission email they send out.

I was sent this same e-mail upon submission, I don't have any pending scores so I believe this is their general receipt of submission email they send out.
okay must be the equivalent of a "received" email. thanks :)

i will have to call them and ask if the review of my app is contingent on the score or if a potential acceptance is the part that is contingent.

okay must be the equivalent of a "received" email. thanks :)

i will have to call them and ask if the review of my app is contingent on the score or if a potential acceptance is the part that is contingent.

The first picture was the email confirmation of my secondary being recieved.

The second is of the email I recieved once it was deemed complete by admissions.

May want to call them and see what the deal is.

Attachments

• 1414775802441.jpg
    1414775802441.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 1414775813142.jpg
    1414775813142.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 66
The first picture was the email confirmation of my secondary being recieved.

The second is of the email I recieved once it was deemed complete by admissions.

May want to call them and see what the deal is.

Well I JUST submitted yesterday, so I will give it a week or so before calling to see if it is complete. Thank you, though. I know I have sent in the app, letters, and fee so now they just need time to verify that they received all of it.

Well I JUST submitted yesterday, so I will give it a week or so before calling to see if it is complete. Thank you, though. I know I have sent in the app, letters, and fee so now they just need time to verify that they received all of it.

I would give it at least two, closer to three, weeks before calling about completion. The waiting sucks but a week typically isn't enough time!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey so this a dumb question, but I have an interview here Monday and I can't for the life of me remember the time it starts. When did all of your interviews start if they were on a weekday?

Hey so this a dumb question, but I have an interview here Monday and I can't for the life of me remember the time it starts. When did all of your interviews start if they were on a weekday?

Well mine is not until next month, but the itinerary states an early start -- 0730! Good luck!

Yup, 7:30 Be there a little arlier too. I was "late" at 7:20 lol

I think I am going to be giving up my acceptance to this school on Monday. I hope that one of you guys get my spot! This school was really great, and I had a hard time choosing to pass up my admission offer. The interview was great, the people were great, and the school was truly amazing! Good luck everyone!

Hi there,

I have read a lot about this school, and I have gathered that the faculty and students are pretty cool, and that they also have a pretty good list of hospitals that they have partnerships with. I also am intrigued with the Christian faith base, but I'm not sure how much that is actually implemented.

That being said, could someone give me some good, maybe more specific reasons for why I should go here versus another university? I think I could see myself going here, but it's hard to know because I live clear across the country and don't know anyone who attends CUSOM.

I have an interview at Campbell a week from Tuesday and I would like to be able to answer the question, "Why campbell?" Can maybe some current students chime in and help me out? I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

-Mat

P.S. Can someone give me a rundown of interview questions? Any hard ethical ones?

When I interviewed there, they didn't talk about the Christianity thing a ton. There is a chapel up on the 3rd floor I think, but our student ambassadors told us "you can use this for any type of meditation or prayer...it's mostly a place for quite reflection."

Benefits of this school definitely include the new campus, and arguably the "provisional accreditation" status. Their success depends on your success, and they definitely want you to succeed!

Hi All, does anyone know if for the secondary we can estimate our SAT scores? I took the SAT back in 2000 and I called ETS and they said I have to pay them $31 and it can take as much as 3-4 wks before they are sent to me. Hanging onto the secondary b/c of a lack of SAT scores from nearly 15 yrs ago seems a little odd. I did well on the SAT, but only have a rough idea of what I got at this point. I was thinking of listing my scores like this: SAT Math ~700 (indicating it's a close approximation). Opinions welcome. Thanks!

Hi All, does anyone know if for the secondary we can estimate our SAT scores? I took the SAT back in 2000 and I called ETS and they said I have to pay them $31 and it can take as much as 3-4 wks before they are sent to me. Hanging onto the secondary b/c of a lack of SAT scores from nearly 15 yrs ago seems a little odd. I did well on the SAT, but only have a rough idea of what I got at this point. I was thinking of listing my scores like this: SAT Math ~700 (indicating it's a close approximation). Opinions welcome. Thanks!

I didn't even list mine. I was in nearly the same boat. I took the SATs 10+ years ago.

@Luvshok or anyone else who's been accepted/interviewed, how long was it from submitting your secondary to getting an invite for an interview?