Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I see members of the "Elite 8" here... Hey everyone lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
didn't during any of mine! (You do three 1:1 interviews).
Because it will be like:
fqv9CUl.png

Reactions: 1 user
Because it will be like:
fqv9CUl.png
lmao. My interviewer actually said when they say it's a christian environment, they mean that they 1. put god first, and 2. your suppose to love you're neighbor. But it's very broad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My advice for those with IIs to CUSOM:

Know your application front-to-back. These guys know everything you put in there, so everything is fair game.

Be yourself

Know why CUSOM, DO, and medicine

Be friendly

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
II!!!!! yesss

edit: completed August 3rd-- I understand people ask this for good reason-- good luck everyone!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So is it true that they respond with a decision after the interview within a week?

They called me, and offered me 3 dates to pick from and then sent an email to confirm my date-- luckily I was by the phone on my way out.

Was this a 203 area code number by any chance? had a few missed calls from that so i was wondering.

910 area code....caller id shows "Campbell University" so you'll know it if you see it
I don't see the Campell University so I was kinda hestitate to pick up haha, thought it was one of those advertisement email. But I'm glad I pick it up.

Also accepted today!!!
Looks like at least 5/8 of us got in!

Accepted today as well! I'm happy my Aug 15h interviewee nickname for us stuck, guys! ;) Goodluck to those interviewing soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Current MS1 at CUSOM. If any of you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Feel free to ask here or PM. Best of luck!

Current MS1 at CUSOM. If any of you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Feel free to ask here or PM. Best of luck!
I know you are only an MS1 but do you happen to know what percentage of students take the USMLE? Also if they have dedicated board prep time?

Do you know how many people can be awarded the presidential and deans scholarships?

Question: How do you guys get to the school? I mean in term of what airport to fly into and rental car if possible.

I had a question for those accepted, besides the acceptance email, did you guys get an e-mail that has the link for the drug screening and paper doc stuff? They said they'll send it soon, and everything has to be done by October and it's almost September.

Anyone interviewing on Aug. 23 let me know and we can eat dinner together to chat the night before!!

I had a question for those accepted, besides the acceptance email, did you guys get an e-mail that has the link for the drug screening and paper doc stuff? They said they'll send it soon, and everything has to be done by October and it's almost September.
I don't have a link in my email

I don't have a link in my email

I don't either. The email said they'll send a follow-up email for more info. I just wanted to make sure they didn't send it out and the email went to my spam or something.

Can any current students talk about the rotation sites and how it's been for you?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I know you are only an MS1 but do you happen to know what percentage of students take the USMLE? Also if they have dedicated board prep time?
About about 30-40%, I believe, but I don't remember the exact numbers.

So block 8 is a half block of Ob/Gyn, and then the 2nd half of the block is a required "CABS" course in which you take the Kaplan prep course for COMLEX. You can test out of the Kaplan course with a 550 or above on a COMSAE prior to the start of the course. You then have up to another like 4-5-ish weeks to take your boards before you have to start rotations in late July.
Question: How do you guys get to the school? I mean in term of what airport to fly into and rental car if possible.
Raleigh-Durham airport. Rent a car. Stay at the Microtel in Lillington if need be.
Can any current students talk about the rotation sites and how it's been for you?
I am an MS-2 not on rotations yet, but everyone I've talked to in the upper years love it so far, regardless of what site they're at.

About about 30-40%, I believe, but I don't remember the exact numbers.

So block 8 is a half block of Ob/Gyn, and then the 2nd half of the block is a required "CABS" course in which you take the Kaplan prep course for COMLEX. You can test out of the Kaplan course with a 550 or above on a COMSAE prior to the start of the course. You then have up to another like 4-5-ish weeks to take your boards before you have to start rotations in late July.

Raleigh-Durham airport. Rent a car. Stay at the Microtel in Lillington if need be.

I am an MS-2 not on rotations yet, but everyone I've talked to in the upper years love it so far, regardless of what site they're at.
wow that's pretty nice actually. I do have another question. I was just curious if you could comment on their research facilities? I am deeply interested in research, preferably cancer based, and wanted to know if they had developed research facilities.

For those who were accepted, what is the deadline they give you for putting deposit in?

For one of the secondary prompts, did you guys list all the schools you've applied to?

For one of the secondary prompts, did you guys list all the schools you've applied to?

If you're a reapplicant, you should answer their question by stating which schools you applied to in a previous cycle.

If you're a reapplicant, you should answer their question by stating which schools you applied to in a previous cycle.

The prompt sounds like they want to know which schools you've applied to this cycle as well, no?

The prompt sounds like they want to know which schools you've applied to this cycle as well, no?

No this question is geared towards reapplicants. I just said this is my first time applying or something along those lines.