CSUDH Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi @Idealistic87 , I remember now! :heckyeah:

Sorry I didn't remember you earlier, but yup we did talk about USC. Yes I'm reapplying to USC this cycle and hoping for the best.

Thanks for sharing, really appreciate it!:)

Hopefully both of us get accepted to CSUDH, being classmates would be fun and a great story too! Good Luck!:)

Hi deejayy,

LOL...it's fine. :) Best of luck to you regarding CSUDH and USC!

No problem about the CSUDH advice. :)

Yeah, us both getting into CSUDH would be really cool!!! :heckyeah: Thanks for the warm wishes.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have already applied to CSUMentor, which section did you input the CSUDH's program code?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi @10ninja

I just emailed the department, and they said there is no section on CSU Mentor where you need to input the program code. So no need to worry about it!:)

I got a little worried because it says something about their "program code" on their site, but i guess there is no need.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all,

I finally took my GRE yesterday so I'm eager to submit my CSU Mentor application but I've got a question regarding academic letters of rec. For section 9 under miscellaneous, it says specifically to list three academic references. I only actually have one professor confirmed as a reference, and I'm hesitant to seek out two more as I'm afraid it will delay this application process (email them, wait for confirmation, etc).

Do you think I could just list one professor? Or could I list two non-academic references that I currently have?

Do you know if they actually reach out to these professors or should I just risk it and list some and hope it's just there for formality purposes?

It's kind of rushed because I waited to take the GRE (all that dreadful studying). But I'm eager to submit since I know it takes two weeks.

TIA!

Although I'm not 100% sure, I think its just there for formality purposes since we already submitting recommendation letters.

Good luck to us all!:)

Although I'm not 100% sure, I think its just there for formality purposes since we already submitting recommendation letters.

Thank you! I added some random teachers lol -- anyway, do you know if they need to receive ALL transcripts before issuing student ID number? Or can the transcripts trickle in? Ty! Sorry for all these questions. I might actually call up the school Monday

You'll receive your student ID number in the MAIL (not e-mail) within 2 weeks, so nope they don't have to receive all your transcripts in order to receive your ID number, but you still have to send in your transcripts eventually though. No worries! Feel free to ask anymore questions! Good luck!:)

Hey guys, I received the mail that gave me the CSUDH ID but it also says that transcripts need to be admitted.

I'm confused because I have all my transcripts to be sent out with the application packet, but we have to submit the transcripts to the school as well?

Can someone help me out please?

Yes you have to send one set to the school and a second set within the application packet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
I hope everybody's application cycle has been going smoothly. I had a questions regarding the CSUDH application. Do you need to turn in the application checklist in the packet to the OT department? Also, where can I find the application to the MSOT Program Form?
I sent in the CSUMentor today and I forgot to add a college that I took my physiology course. Do you think it will affect my application?

--Sorry for all these questions :/

Hi guys! I just turned in my application! I'm so nervous!

Hi guys,
I have another question. In the application check list it says we need a proof of completion of the CSU MENTOR. How do we show verification of that?

Lol I came here to ask the same question! I was thinking of submitting the letter I just received w student ID number. What did other people do? TIA

Hi guys,
I have another question. In the application check list it says we need a proof of completion of the CSU MENTOR. How do we show verification of that?

Hi I submitted my app today and the woman who helped me said the letter from CSU with student ID number is sufficient for verification. Good luck!

Hi everyone! I submitted my application and am extremely nervous and anxious about the wait! I'll post my stats for the future worriers looking :)

Undergrad GPA: 3.78
Prereqs: All A's, except for one B in stats
GRE: V-148 Q-150 AWA-4
Volunteer Hours: 82 at a pediatric clinic
3 great LORs

Not very happy with my GRE, but I'm a procrastinator and didn't leave myself enough time to retake it (thankfully I passed it first try).

Good luck to everyone who applied!

Hey @justooridoori, I was looking at your stats and unfortunately, they require a 4 on the AWA portion of the GRE. They said that this was a campus wide requirement and they can't accept anything below a 4. :( All of your other stats look good though! Hopefully next year you will get in! Good luck!

Hey guys, I emailed Lisa Langford this morning, and she already got back to me. Apparently, over 300 applications were submitted, and they are going to admit around 69 students. Also, the admissions committee is going to decide whether or not to do interviews by late September or early October. Just thought you guys might want to know. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for the updates!

If they do interviews, do you know if applicants will be notified through email or mail?

Thanks for the updates!

If they do interviews, do you know if applicants will be notified through email or mail?

You're very welcome! :)

I don't know, but when I got an interview 2 years ago, they notified me by phone.

Yes, good luck to us all! :)

Hey guys!!!

Good luck to all of you! I'm a current 1st year student in the program. I know you probably haven't been admitted or received a call yet, but I wanted to put an offer out: Me and my husband will be looking to move out of our apartment on January 8th when our lease is up. We currently live in Torrance about 5 miles away from school. If you get accepted and need to move down here, let me know if you'd be interested in rooming with us! Also let me know if you have questions about the program and I'll answer as best as I can!

Any updates from csudh for you guys? I would have expected an update by now to be honest

Hey guys!

New here but have been following along these forums since I first decided I wanted to pursue ot :) I've gathered a lot of insight over the years and just wanted to help out future ot students as well.

I just recently found out that I was accepted into the csudh ot program for the spring and wanted to share my stats bc, like many hopefuls, I had a very low starting GPA and freaked out a lot during this application process.

Undergrad gpa: 3.1
Major: communications and marketing
Worked 2 years in marketing before deciding to change careers
Pre-req gpa: 4.0
Gre: 155 v, 152q, 4.5 awa
Three lor: 1 ot, 1 professor, 1 clinical director from work
Work: 2.5 yrs as behavioral interventionist
Volunteer/observation: hippotherapy, pediatric clinic, hand clinic, disabled daycare abroad

Lmk if you guys have more specific questions and I'll try to answer :) good luck everyone! Excited to meet some of you this upcoming year!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats, OTcsudh2018!!

I was curious if your status changed on my.csudh.edu before you received your acceptance by post?

:)

Congrats, OTcsudh2018!!

I was curious if your status changed on my.csudh.edu before you received your acceptance by post?

:)

Thank you, accio_puppies!

It actually still hasn't changed. I decided to call the school when I got my letter bc I was in such disbelief and found out that while I was accepted into the program, I haven't been officially accepted into the University yet. I think the status will change once everything is caught up. Hope that helps!

Thank you, accio_puppies!

It actually still hasn't changed. I decided to call the school when I got my letter bc I was in such disbelief and found out that while I was accepted into the program, I haven't been officially accepted into the University yet. I think the status will change once everything is caught up. Hope that helps!

Great! That makes me feel a little more hopeful! Thanks for your response! :)

Congrats @OTcsudh2018 !

Like you, I have a pretty similar undergrad GPA, and a 4.0 GPA in prerequisites too. Still praying and waiting for a decision from CSUDH.

I was wondering what date did you receive your acceptance letter?

Thanks! and Congrats again!:)

Congrats @OTcsudh2018 !

Like you, I have a pretty similar undergrad GPA, and a 4.0 GPA in prerequisites too. Still praying and waiting for a decision from CSUDH.

I was wondering what date did you receive your acceptance letter?

Thanks! and Congrats again!:)

Hi deejay!

Thank you so much! The letter is dated 9/29 and I received it last week. I guess they're starting to trickle out now. Good luck!!!

Hi everyone,

I applied for 2016 Spring, and am waiting to hear back! CSUDH is my top choice, and I'm getting more and more anxious waiting for decisions to come in!

Here are my stats:
Bachelor's: UCSD - Human Development Major
Undergraduate GPA: 3.802
Pre-requisites GPA: 3.94
GRE: 166 verbal, 163 quantitative, 5 AWA
3 LOR: 1 OT, 1 professor, 1 former employer (OT and employer's letters were great, the professor's was pretty generic...)
Volunteer: 65 hours - SNF, 30 hours - private pediatric clinic, OTR410 with letter grade A

I'm worried bc I'm pretty lacking in volunteering hours... I'm wondering if I should just apply to USC/SJSU as well (even before hearing back from CSUDH) or wait until I hear back to see if I even need to apply and not waste money on apps... So stressful! :(

Thank you!

I'm worried bc I'm pretty lacking in volunteering hours... I'm wondering if I should just apply to USC/SJSU as well (even before hearing back from CSUDH) or wait until I hear back to see if I even need to apply and not waste money on apps... So stressful! :(
Your stats are very competitive, and you have an awesome GRE. I would be incredibly surprised if you are not admitted. They only require volunteer hours or the class so I think you're fine. Good luck. :)

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that it may take a bit longer this year to receive your acceptance letter because Lisa left the department a couple of weeks ago. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys,

I'm writing to give you all an update. About a week ago I received an acceptance letter in the mail and because it had come early, I was skeptical and gave the admissions office a call. I was told that I was accepted into the program but not the university yet. I took that as good news and decided to wait for the university acceptance to come in before I took any other steps. However, I decided to email the ot dept earlier this week bc I had a question and from there I learned that decision letters were actually not due out yet and therefore the letter that I received in the mail was sent in error. I was told applications are still being reviewed and my status is unknown. It was a pretty heartbreaking discovery but I wanted to share to let you guys know that letters have not been sent out yet so we are all still in the waiting game and still have a good chance of hopefully being accepted.

Good luck everyone!!

Wow! What are the odds of that happening. Sorry to hear... But thanks for sharing and keeping the rest of us updated

@OTcsudh2018 Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! That really sucks :(

@othopefult123 Do you happen to know if they decided whether or not to do interviews?
Hey aliq. No I don't know what they will do this year. But I can tell you that when we were accepted last year, lots of people were called in for interview and very few of us were accepted without an interview. It'll probably be the same this year

Thanks for all the information, everybody!

@othopefult123 Is there anything you can tell us about how the interviews are conducted? How many people are typically chosen to interview? Thanks! :)

Thanks for all the information, everybody!

@othopefult123 Is there anything you can tell us about how the interviews are conducted? How many people are typically chosen to interview? Thanks! :)
Hey accio. I really don't know much about the interviews because I didn't have one. However I remember my classmates saying that there are 2 faculty doing the interview and it's basically like why you chose OT, etc. they really just want to get to know you

Hi @OTcsudh2018
Are you sure the acceptance letter you received was sent out by mistake?

I received an email with the pdf letter and I found out I was accepted! I was nervous after reading your response, however, so I emailed Terry the director to find out if my acceptance was legitimate. She said it was! Btw, I haven't heard anything from the university itself yet, but I'm not too worried about that.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Hi @OTcsudh2018
Are you sure the acceptance letter you received was sent out by mistake?

I received an email with the pdf letter and I found out I was accepted! I was nervous after reading your response, however, so I emailed Terry the director to find out if my acceptance was legitimate. She said it was! Btw, I haven't heard anything from the university itself yet, but I'm not too worried about that.

Good luck to everyone!!!!
Congratulations @Otorange!! When did you receive your email?

Congrats, indeed!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Now I really CAN'T STOP checking my email...

@Smartpig25 @Highlife.himalayas
Thank you so much! I got the email today and the pdf letter was dated October 20, 2015. My stats:

Major: Psychology (graduated in 3 years)
Cum GPA: 3.67
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: Verbal 155 Quan 145 Writing 5
LOR: 1 supervisor 1 OT 1 professor
Volunteer: 180 hours pediatric clinic and 30 hours outpatient hospital
I also took OTR 410 and did lots of undergrad research for the psychology department.

My GRE combined score isn't that great, so I am grateful that they really take all factors into account.

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email today that I was accepted for the Spring 2016 class!

Reactions: 4 users