Cthulhu & Friends: A Lovecraftian Tale - 9th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was the last wolf! Congratulations everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
the lord of the rings falling GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
:writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer:

You are not a troll. You arr my daughter shorty pls go to bed now

:writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
I was the last wolf! Congratulations everyone!!
If there anything you should have learned from me it’s that you can trust everything I say on here 100% 🫡🫡🫡

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
:yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright:
Don't listen to these lies, nooblets, @Animal Midwife is my Mommy and @genny is my father.

also Santy called me his son the other night so he doesn't even know
:yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright::yeahright:
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Shorty I called you my son to show you that you can be whatever you want to be and I will still love you and appreciate you. Am and genny can be your adoptive parents but you cant escape your DNA that link us together.

Tho what you CAN'T escape rn is going to bed it's already past your bedtime

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

• Haha
  • Angry
Is it just me, or are some of the manators more invested in this writeup than the players?

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Is it just me, or are some of the manators more invested in this writeup than the players?

we are simply shadows on the wall cast by the actions and guidance of the manators

animation domination lol GIF by gifnews

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
What's this? A multi-part writeup?!

1672978835933.png

Day Eight

1672978864082.png

First we must reflect on the day, before we can truly understand the night that followed. The sun rose and the traitors realized something: they could overpower the others today, if they played their cards right. Would they sit back, and see where the day would take them? Or would they take the reins, exert their mighty power, and direct things towards their greater purpose?

With the discovery of Yig's dead body still fresh in their minds, Ithaqua came forward with an accusation.
"I walk on the wind, with steps that make no sound, and leave no trace. This keeps me hidden, but sometimes it also allows me to see. And tonight I saw a Night Gaunt approach Yig. I could not see what happened between them, but it seems obvious to me."
The Night Gaunt stepped forward, all black, smooth skin and bat-like wings, hideous paws and a terrible prehensile tail. They were not known to speak, but this one turned to Nodens, someone it thought of as a friend. Nodens nodded, somehow understanding the silent pleas of the creature.
"I believe this one is innocent. We must look elsewhere," he said, brandishing his harpoon at the rest of the group. Two among you I suspect. Only, I am not sure who..."
"I think I've solved it," said Hastur, a crazed look in his eye. "I haven't seen clearly until now. But finally the fog has left my vision, and I know it must be Cthugha."
"Are you sure?" said Yog-Sothoth. "If we are wrong again, I fear we may not get another chance..."
"I am sure," insisted Hastur. "Follow me and you will see."
Cthuga, for his part, tried to resist, but he could see the way things were going to go. But The Burning One would not leave them unscathed.

But, as we now know, Hastur was wrong. And there was...something else. Something none of them had considered. Something about what the Oracle had said, before he died. Something about that one night where they were granted a reprieve from death. Something about the stars realigning...

While they thought on this, Cthulhu spoke, and they all turned to listen. "I grow tire of this back and forth. Who is friend, who is foe. Who is a traitor really, when you are all terrible, spiteful, destructive creates. All of this has shown me what I already knew: none of you are worth my time. I will not choose a side. I do not need any of you."

The others looked at each other, a bit taken aback. Night fell, with only six of the cosmic entitites remaining and, with this latest declaration, it felt more like five...​

• Care
  • Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
These writeups incorporating the dialogue from the day is *chef’s kiss*

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Ahhh I knew I was crazy. It all makes sense! *pretend I added a tinfoil hat*
Always-Has-Been.png

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users

Day Eight

View attachment 364352

First we must reflect on the day, before we can truly understand the night that followed. The sun rose and the traitors realized something: they could overpower the others today, if they played their cards right. Would they sit back, and see where the day would take them? Or would they take the reins, exert their mighty power, and direct things towards their greater purpose?

With the discovery of Yig's dead body still fresh in their minds, Ithaqua came forward with an accusation.
"I walk on the wind, with steps that make no sound, and leave no trace. This keeps me hidden, but sometimes it also allows me to see. And tonight I saw a Night Gaunt approach Yig. I could not see what happened between them, but it seems obvious to me."
The Night Gaunt stepped forward, all black, smooth skin and bat-like wings, hideous paws and a terrible prehensile tail. They were not known to speak, but this one turned to Nodens, someone it thought of as a friend. Nodens nodded, somehow understanding the silent pleas of the creature.
"I believe this one is innocent. We must look elsewhere," he said, brandishing his harpoon at the rest of the group. Two among you I suspect. Only, I am not sure who..."
"I think I've solved it," said Hastur, a crazed look in his eye. "I haven't seen clearly until now. But finally the fog has left my vision, and I know it must be Cthugha."
"Are you sure?" said Yog-Sothoth. "If we are wrong again, I fear we may not get another chance..."
Cthuga, for his part, tried to resist, but he could see the way things were going to go. But The Burning One would not leave them unscathed.

But, as we now know, Hastur was wrong. And there was...something else. Something none of them had considered. Something about what the Oracle had said, before he died. Something about that one night where they were granted a reprieve from death. Something about the stars realigning...

While they thought on this, Cthulhu spoke, and they all turned to listen. "I grow tire of this back and forth. Who is friend, who is foe. Who is a traitor really, when you are all terrible, spiteful, destructive creates. All of this has shown me what I already knew: none of you are worth my time. I will not choose a side. I do not need any of you."

The others looked at each other, a bit taken aback. Night fell, with only six of the cosmic entitites remaining and, with this latest declaration, it felt more like five...​
The Sandlot Movie GIF

• Haha
T.T such is the tragedy of my internet right now. It was supposed to be this

Hurley What GIF
:cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow:
SDN likes to punish itself for its own gifs, but I deeply appreciate your dedication to pushing through its nonsense for The Best Lost Character
:cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow:

• Love

Day Eight

View attachment 364352

I got a sweet harpoon, yes!

Wall Street Money GIF by Noam Sussman

Me tryna save money by getting the 5gb data plan

Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

@WildZoo over here havin other plans for my budget. Is she secretly sponsored by my phone company to get me to upgrade plans? It's this the true conspiracy theory??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Night Eight

1672980315970.png

That feeling of dread? The one you've felt since that night, where the sky was dark, darker than it had been in a very long time, and strange whispers were carried on the wind? That night where you should have rejoiced because it was a night without death, in fact a night of rebirth, but instead you felt a chill in your bones?

Now, at the end of things, let me show you where that dread came from, where it has lived since that fateful night...

Nodens stood beside his remaining friend. His chariot and the terrible beasts that pulled it rested behind him. He thought on all he had seen through the days since the Ascension. How he had grown tired of the old guard, how the new ones, the ones they called traitors had approached him. Was it wrong, to want a little more for themselves? To see that they were superior, and take what was rightfully theirs? What sense did it make for the worship of the humans to be spread so thin, among so many gods, when they could concentrate it between a precious, worthy few?

The previous night had not gone exactly as planned, but they were sly, and resourceful. They had made it work. And now, all they needed was to remove one more from the ranks of those who would stand in their way. Cthulhu had declared himself. They no longer needed to worry about him. And anyone who could protect the others, or prevent their plans, was gone.

"You do the honors," Nodens said to Ithaqua. "You've earned it. Especially since I took the kill last night."
"Gladly," said Ithaqua, whistling for the wind to carry him. And then he stopped. Why should he hide, now, when they were so close to victory? Why bother? "You know," he said to Nodens, "the humans seem so enthralled with these things called guns. Perhaps I can get them to loan me a couple."
Nodens smiled, a horrible thing to see stretch across the face of an Elder God.

Later, after Ithaqua had acquired the necessary weapons, he went in search of Nug. Quiet, and yet perceptive, this god among ghouls had not been so far from the truth as some of the others. Really it was an honor to be the final kill. He aimed, and fired, throwing a little Great Old One power behind the bullets, to make sure they sealed a permanent fate.

"Pewpew, as the humans say," he said to Nodens, and they laughed. The rest would be easy enough now.

Dead is @katykat2222, who was Nug, a village mason

Cthulhu looked on, unconcerned, for he had done all he meant to do in this world, and was sure he could find another to entertain him someday...​

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Night Eight

View attachment 364358

That feeling of dread? The one you've felt since that night, where the sky was dark, darker than it had been in a very long time, and strange whispers were carried on the wind? That night where you should have rejoiced because it was a night without death, in fact a night of rebirth, but instead you felt a chill in your bones?

Now, at the end of things, let me show you where that dread came from, where it has lived since that fateful night...

Nodens stood beside his remaining friend. His chariot and the terrible beasts that pulled it rested behind him. He thought on all he had seen through the days since the Ascension. How he had grown tired of the old guard, how the new ones, the ones they called traitors had approached him. Was it wrong, to want a little more for themselves? To see that they were superior, and take what was rightfully theirs? What sense did it make for the worship of the humans to be spread so thin, among so many gods, when they could concentrate it between a precious, worthy few?

The previous night had not gone exactly as planned, but they were sly, and resourceful. They had made it work. And now, all they needed was to remove one more from the ranks of those who would stand in their way. Cthulhu had declared himself. They no longer needed to worry about him. And anyone who could protect the others, or prevent their plans, was gone.

"You do the honors," Nodens said to Ithaqua. "You've earned it. Especially since I took the kill last night."
"Gladly," said Ithaqua, whistling for the win to carry him. And then he stopped. Why should he hide, now, when they were so close to victory? Why bother? "You know," he said to Nodens, "the humans seem so enthralled with these things called guns. Perhaps I can get them to loan me a couple."
Nodens smiled, a horrible thing to see stretch across the face of an Elder God.

Later, after Ithaqua had acquired the necessary weapons, he went in search of Nug. Quiet, and yet perceptive, this god among ghouls had not been so far from the truth as some of the others. Really it was an honor to be the final kill. He aimed, and fired, throwing a little Great Old One power behind the bullets, to make sure they sealed a permanent fate.

"Pewpew, as the humans say," he said to Nodens, and they laughed. The rest would be easy enough now.

Dead is @katykat2222, who was Nug, a village mason

Cthulhu looked on, unconcerned, for he had done all he meant to do in this world, and was sure he could find another to entertain him someday...​
😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾

Fijxathhdkkfh

It's cause I called you a troll isn't it.

😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾😾

• Haha
  • Care
WOLVES HAVE REACHED PARITY WITH THE VILLAGE!
WOLVES WIN!

Congratulations @chicandtoughness @mightyrunner7 @zuriburi @eleanor713 and @pulley !

AND, BECAUSE SHE MADE IT TO THE FINAL 5 PLAYERS...
CHAOS ALSO WINS!

Congratulations on meeting the inclusive version of your wincon @justafluff !

@PlumPoppy - Hastur - 3x Vigilante
@mightyrunner7 - Nodens - Tracker - CONVERTED to Wolf
@chicandtoughness - Ithaqua - Ninja Wolf
@justafluff - Cthulhu - Chaos
@GeckoKD6 - Night Gaunt - Post Restrictor

LOCKED BACK IN THEIR WORLDLY PRISON

@holdthemayo - Human - neutral Ritual Sacrifice
@cobrien01 - Yig - Protector
@riderrapidash - Cthylla - watcher
@miranda920 - Tsathoggua - Innocent Child
@HW_88 - Shudde M'ell - Hider
@VeggieTrex - Nyarlathotep - Tinker
@pulley - Y'Golonac - Wolf Strongman
@gs38 - Hypnos - Fruit Vendor
@futuredogtor614 - Azathoth - Oracle
@motheatenlysis - Yeb - Mason
@eleanor713 - Dagon - Bulletproof Wolf
@CaptNemo - Kassogtha - Jailer
@matthirten13 - Ghatanothoa - Blocker
@pxton - Shub-Niggurath - Resurrector, Mayor
@beepboopbop1 - Yig - Protector
@Wondalfy - Cthugha - Vengeful
katiemcat >>> @katykat2222 - Nug - Mason
@zuriburi - Yog-Sothoth - Wolf Absorber

Manators

@Animal Midwife
@Animal Midwife
@supershorty
@SportPonies
@LuminousLag
@Zenge142
@potentialsheltervet
@Barkley13
@WonderingStudent
@SARdoghandler
@mkg323
@Santygrass
@Dinashadow
@alleycat03
@Viscernable
@Aprilthearab
@genny
@samac
@NateTheLesser

~Table of Contents~

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
WOLVES WIN!

Congratulations @chicandtoughness @mightyrunner7 @zuriburi @eleanor713 and @pulley !

CHAOS ALSO WINS!

Manators

@Animal Midwife
@Animal Midwife
@supershorty
@SportPonies
@LuminousLag
@Zenge142
@potentialsheltervet
@Barkley13
@WonderingStudent
@SARdoghandler
@mkg323
@Santygrass
@Dinashadow
@alleycat03
@Viscernable
@Aprilthearab
@genny
@samac
@NateTheLesser

~Table of Contents~

5?? So much for 4 or fewer

• Care
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
4 OGs. Probably only 4 when that question was asked.

@PlumPoppy don't feel bad, the vig in my noob game shot 4 villagers and only ended up killing one wolf because I (a wolf) accidentally redirected her to do that. You did fine, even if you murdered my son :rage: :biglove:

• Haha
Jesus! 5 wolves was overkill on us noobs fr :eek:

• Care
WOLVES WIN!

CHAOS ALSO WINS!

Manators

@Animal Midwife
@Animal Midwife
@supershorty
@SportPonies
@LuminousLag
@Zenge142
@potentialsheltervet
@Barkley13
@WonderingStudent
@SARdoghandler
@mkg323
@Santygrass
@Dinashadow
@alleycat03
@Viscernable
@Aprilthearab
@genny
@samac
@NateTheLesser

~Table of Contents~
Congrats wolves and chaotic fluffy! Good work too village. I hope you enjoyed the game and will stick around for future WW games.

If you need a reminder, please let me know and i’ll add you to the tag list. Hope to play with you soon :cat::shy:

Omg plot twist!!
Great game, noobs

Yes, as futuredogtor said and I repeated in her death writeup, she could only ask questions about the game setup prior to roles being assigned. At that point, there were 4 wolves. The wolves could choose to give up their kill and convert, or perform an unstoppable, untraceable double kill on night 4.

4 OGs. Probably only 4 when that question was asked.

@PlumPoppy don't feel bad, the vig in my noob game shot 4 villagers and only ended up killing one wolf because I (a wolf) accidentally redirected her to do that. You did fine, even if you murdered my son :rage: :biglove:
No I'm fine with being the crazed, paranoid vig. I've played my character. I hope everyone was entertained :banana:

• Care
  • Love
  • Haha
Yes, as futuredogtor said and I repeated in her death writeup, she could only ask questions about the game setup prior to roles being assigned. At that point, there were 4 wolves. The wolves could choose to give up their kill and convert, or perform an unstoppable, untraceable double kill on night 4.
Ooooooo, it all fits.

• Care
Here is the Spreadsheet!

Thank you all so much for playing, and thank you to the manators for providing support and advice!!
As always, this is my favorite time of year and my favorite game to run. I hope you guys will keep playing WW with us, this was a really fun crew :biglove:
Feel free to ask questions about the game!

• Love