Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the wait list (first quartile) and withdrew. Good luck to you guys and whoever gets the spot.

Withdrew after being accepted off the wait list. Very grateful for the acceptance but I am sticking with the school I have put down the deposit for.

If you don't mind me asking, what quarter of the list were you in? I'm in the second quarter. Still hoping for the best though.

Last edited:
Looking for a female roommate I take my spot at a really great apartment within walking distance from dmu. Message me if you're interested! You d have your own room but live with 1 apartmentmate. Rent per person is $387 with all amenities except electricity included. Thanks!

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this but, there will be an open spot for the incoming class, since I have withdrawn. Good luck everyone!

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this but, there will be an open spot for the incoming class, since I have withdrawn. Good luck everyone!

I guess I got your spot because they called me yesterday afternoon. I accepted. Thanks!

Thank you! It's overwhelming. I feel like I have a million things to do in a short amount of time. I'm excited though. :)

Did u accept else where? Good luck to u!

To all of you's first and second years that are currently enrolled in DMU, I have an interview on Jan the 9th, and was hoping to stay with a current student. I think it would be great to get a feel of the vibes Des Moines offers before the interview, and also be able to get a little bit of an inside scoop from a current student.
Personal message me if you think you could host me for a night or have any questions.

Also for those current students, what do you feel DMU prides itself on? Where does DMU invest most of its time in? For instance, research? OMM? Early clinical exposure? Etc...I'm pumped for this interview and wanna kill it!

Appreciate any help!!

For those of you who recently received an ii, when did you submit your secondary? Thanks.