2020-2021 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just accepted via text! High priority, Des Moines native. Best of luck to all of you deserving people!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today as well. HP 1st q. Does anyone have any insight into comparing Des Moines and Midwestern?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted today!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today as well. HP 1st q. Does anyone have any insight into comparing Des Moines and Midwestern?
the dermatologist i shadowed went to midwestern and wrote a letter for my application there! seems to be a pretty good school. when i visited there everyone had someone to tell about that went there. haha one was like “my neighbor went there and he’s an orthopedic surgeon” blah blah

Also accepted today!
I just got a text message from Anna with an acceptance; she said an email is coming later today - did anyone else get this?!
are you guys able to access your "view application status tab in your DMU admissions account" like it says in the email? When i click the link it just takes me to application portal with no real changes

are you guys able to access your "view application status tab in your DMU admissions account" like it says in the email? When i click the link it just takes me to application portal with no real changes
I haven't seen any changes yet. It hasn't been a full two business days yet (as of this morning) so hopefully by tonight/tomorrow it will be updated!
I checked just now and it's updated for me!

Last edited:
I haven't seen any changes yet. It hasn't been a full two business days yet (as of this morning) so hopefully by tonight/tomorrow it will be updated!
I checked just now and it's updated for me!
Congrats, stats?

Withdrawing from the WL today. Good luck everyone!

portal updated, for those who were having trouble finding the "outstanding requirements" stuff like I was, go to the supplemental items and documents tab and scroll all the way down.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you discuss during the Success Meeting? Is there anything you should prepare beforehand?

What do you discuss during the Success Meeting? Is there anything you should prepare beforehand?
Just the checklist of things to get done. Background check, drug screen, deposit, success meeting phone call etc. And then any questions you have about that stuff or in general. No need to prepare anything other than any questions you might have moving forward.

Anyone else in the 1st quartile waitlist still waiting for an acceptance?

Just the checklist of things to get done. Background check, drug screen, deposit, success meeting phone call etc. And then any questions you have about that stuff or in general. No need to prepare anything other than any questions you might have moving forward.
Thanks!!

I just got an email stating that I was on Hold? LOL like c'mon pal, it's mid-May - why do they even hold applicants this late in the cycle versus just rejecting them?

Does anyone have a sense of if most students live alone or with roommate(s)? I’m starting to look at apartments and I’m not sure what to look for.

Accepted today via text!! OOS, 1st quartile on the alternate list, non-HP.

Reactions: 5 users
Surprised we’ve only heard of 1 acceptance from yesterday. You’d think if they’re texting instead of calling there’d be a larger wave of acceptances.

Im on the waitlist at DMU but was recently accepted to another school. While I would be more than happy to attend that other school, I would likely want to attend DMU if I were to be accepted off the waitlist. Does anybody know the protocol on accepting an offer off the waitlist after being accepted and paying the deposit at another school?

Im on the waitlist at DMU but was recently accepted to another school. While I would be more than happy to attend that other school, I would likely want to attend DMU if I were to be accepted off the waitlist. Does anybody know the protocol on accepting an offer off the waitlist after being accepted and paying the deposit at another school?
This was me last year! I was accepted to another school and paid the deposit there. Then, I got in off the waitlist at DMU and am now finishing up my first year at DMU! The only downside was losing the deposit money to the first school.

Surprised we’ve only heard of 1 acceptance from yesterday. You’d think if they’re texting instead of calling there’d be a larger wave of acceptances.
FWIW, I did get an email a few days prior asking if I was still interested in attending should a spot become available. I also sent an academic update in mid-April.

This was me last year! I was accepted to another school and paid the deposit there. Then, I got in off the waitlist at DMU and am now finishing up my first year at DMU! The only downside was losing the deposit money to the first school.
Good to know! Did you write them a LOI/update letter stating you had been accepted elsewhere?

Reactions: 1 users
Good to know! Did you write them a LOI/update letter stating you had been accepted elsewhere?
Yes I did and I gave them a deadline of when I would need to know by, but made sure to state that I would absolutely attend DMU if accepted before that date!

I was also accepted this past Monday via text and received an email shortly after on the same day! OOS, 1st quartile, not HP. I'll be declining the spot and hope it goes to one of you soon!

Last edited:
I literally never received any communication from this school, wish it was common practice to send out R’s instead of ignoring applicants for an entire cycle

Got the A yesterday, withdrew today. Good luck to those waiting!

Also got the A along with someone I interviewed with on Monday!

Reactions: 2 users
No one so far from what I see
Hey guys! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to withdraw my acceptance. Bittersweet feeling but hopefully it will go to one of you. Can someone tell me how I go about doing that?

Hey guys! I cannot for the life of me figure out how to withdraw my acceptance. Bittersweet feeling but hopefully it will go to one of you. Can someone tell me how I go about doing that?
I already paid my deposit(s) and was planning on attending so I don’t know if that changes things. I can't find any withdraw option on DMU pulse or my admissions account.

I already paid my deposit(s) and was planning on attending so I don’t know if that changes things. I can't find any withdraw option on DMU pulse or my admissions account.
I think you probably would just send an email to the DMU admissions address and Anna Cruz and let them know?

I also withdrew after my deposit was due and I just emailed Anna about it

Received my A text at lunch still waiting on my email:love:

I am in the second quartile

Reactions: 6 users
Got the A this morning! First quartile, non-HP, OOS

Reactions: 3 users
is there anyone else on the 1st quartile list thats still waiting for the A?

Got my acceptance today (via text)! I also received an email yesterday from Anna Cruz asking if I was still interested in a seat. OOS, URM, 508 MCAT, 3.6 gpa, 3.4 sgpa, first quartile waitlist.

Does anyone know how much time we are given to make a seat deposit for DMU? It was not specific on the email (see below). And it looks like we are not able to place the deposit until after two business days, for those who may be confused.

"In two business days, you may secure your seat in the class by paying your seat deposit and viewing your outstanding requirements on the View Application Status tab in your DMU admissions account."

Reactions: 1 users
Got my acceptance today (via text)! I also received an email yesterday from Anna Cruz asking if I was still interested in a seat. OOS, URM, 508 MCAT, 3.6 gpa, 3.4 sgpa, first quartile waitlist.

Does anyone know how much time we are given to make a seat deposit for DMU? It was not specific on the email (see below). And it looks like we are not able to place the deposit until after two business days, for those who may be confused.

"In two business days, you may secure your seat in the class by paying your seat deposit and viewing your outstanding requirements on the View Application Status tab in your DMU admissions account."
Yes, so in 2 days your admissions account will update with a list of Outstanding Requirements, including a link to pay your deposit. You should have about a week to pay the deposit. I got my acceptance text on a Monday, portal updated on Wednesday, deposit due that Sunday.