2020-2021 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did the email mention anything about the group zoom session the people earlier in the cycle did or any next steps/decision timelines?

I got this email monday (I did my Kira friday) and it had nothing of the sort.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I read somewhere that adcoms might be meeting every Thursday or so... Hopefully we'll get more information later this week or next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday via email and then text! Will be withdrawing

Reactions: 2 users
Am I correct that the Kira assessment is basically a video interview? You get a question on the screen and you record yourself answering it?

I originally thought it was just a multiple choice assessment and almost did it this morning in my pajamas and my hair looking a mess 😅

Am I correct that the Kira assessment is basically a video interview? You get a question on the screen and you record yourself answering it?

I originally thought it was just a multiple choice assessment and almost did it this morning in my pajamas and my hair looking a mess 😅
It's mostly a video format. You get the question, have 45 seconds to prepare, and 1.5 minutes to answer. There are 5 questions like that and 2 essay questions that you have 5 minutes each to write about.

Don't know if this has been asked but - do they accept update letters? If you're waitlisted!
Absolutely, and I highly recommend sending one! It definitely shows you're still interested. I sent one in July last year and was accepted shortly after!

This might be a silly question, but how many quartiles are there for the waitlist (I'm assuming there's 4) and how many students per quartile? I'm trying to get a better idea about whether I have a chance. I just completed Kira a couple days ago.

This might be a silly question, but how many quartiles are there for the waitlist (I'm assuming there's 4) and how many students per quartile? I'm trying to get a better idea about whether I have a chance. I just completed Kira a couple days ago.
They’re 4. The amount of people per quartile per cycle varies but from what I’ve seen from previous cycles the third/fourth quartiles are usually pretty depleted by now or don’t have a lot of people to begin with.

One thing I’m certain of is that DMU wouldn’t interview people this late unless they really feel like they needed to. I’m not sure how much of a chance this might mean for you but I like to think its a good sign.

There was a part of me that was wondering if the high priority people could technically be a quartile :/ so it’d be HP, quartile 1, quartile 2, quartile 3 making up the 4 quartiles. But then I guess people wouldn’t like to post and advertise being in quartile 4, which is why we don’t see much mention of it

Members don't see this ad :)
You are correct. The waitlist does not technically have a "Quartile 4", but instead goes in the order of High Priority, Quartile 1, Quartile 2, and Quartile 3, respectively. This also does not mean they have to select applicants in order. I think a lot of things go into their final decision on accepting applicants.

It is extremely interesting that they are interviewing the pre-interview hold folks this late in the cycle. I have not read or seen anything like this happening in past threads. Nevertheless, it is a privilege to even be considered.
I would disagree with this based on my conversations with a couple different people in admissions in that the HP people are people within the first quartile, not an entirely separate quartile; I also know current and prior students who have mentioned knowing people who were in the fourth quartile of the waitlist.

Absolutely, and I highly recommend sending one! It definitely shows you're still interested. I sent one in July last year and was accepted shortly after!
This gives me hope, thank you so much friend! Did you send it via email or upload? Their portal doesn't have much going on for me right now!

Withdrew my acceptance here! Good luck to those interviewing!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my seat, good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
This gives me hope, thank you so much friend! Did you send it via email or upload? Their portal doesn't have much going on for me right now!
Absolutely! I typed mine up in a word document and emailed it as a pdf to the admissions office. Last summer I called the admissions office and asked how they preferred updates to be sent, and they said email! You can always call/email them with questions.

Got the acceptance call today! Was in the 2nd Quartile. Sending good energy to those on the waitlist and those interviewing :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
when do y'all think we'll hear anything? not sure what their normal response time was like earlier in the cycle. I'm just really excited haha

edit: I guess a better question would be.... when does orientation start?

when do y'all think we'll hear anything? not sure what their normal response time was like earlier in the cycle. I'm just really excited haha

I feel like I read July 26th somewhere but don’t take my word for it!

I was part of the first interview day (group zoom) and I got my acceptance exactly 7 days after it. Some people were longer. I imagine they'll be making decisions quickly because of how close to the start of the semester it is.

• Care

July 26 - 29, 2021

I don't anticipate us having an info session to attend. I don't want to get my hopes up about a potential acceptance, however, it's hard to believe they don't anticipate needing people by interviewing so late into the cycle! Praying for everyone here!

Had anyone else received an interest email from Anna Cruz recently? I’m wondering if that’s any indication that there’s movement. And if yes, what day?

Praying for all of us for movement this week 🥲

Had anyone else received an interest email from Anna Cruz recently? I’m wondering if that’s any indication that there’s movement. And if yes, what day?

Did you interview recently or a while ago?

Did you interview recently or a while ago?
I interviewed a long time ago. I’m on the 2nd Quartile waitlist and received the interest email a day after the person who was accepted last week. I believe me & 2 other people (that I know of) received an email that day.

I’m wondering if we’re the last couple people on the waitlist or if there are more.

I interviewed a long time ago. I’m on the 2nd Quartile waitlist and received the interest email a day after the person who was accepted last week. I believe me & 2 other people (that I know of) received an email that day.

I’m wondering if we’re the last couple people on the waitlist or if there are more.
I see! Hoping for the best for you! I’m one of the recent interviewers and am hoping for some good news too!

I see! Hoping for the best for you! I’m one of the recent interviewers and am hoping for some good news too!
I’m hoping for the best for you too! Keep the faith! It seems like they’ve interviewed a ton of people and I really don’t think they’d do that unless the waitlist is pretty depleted.

I think one of the other people who received the interest may not be able to come to DMU so I really thinks there’s just me and 1 other person left.

Hey man, I've been following you for a while on this sub (since I was WL back in December) and feel like you were kind of like me every time I saw both of us being neurotic on this DMU forum haha. I'm really glad to see you've gotten this email too because I've looked over the DMU forums over the past 5 years and every single person who was on the WL and received this interest email (known as THE EMAIL in previous years) was granted an acceptance within 8 days (one person was 3 weeks idk why). I received the same email and was granted an acceptance a week later. Either way keep your head up because it's very likely you will be accepted :) soon!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hey man, I've been following you for a while on this sub (since I was WL back in December) and feel like you were kind of like me every time I saw both of us being neurotic on this DMU forum haha. I'm really glad to see you've gotten this email too because I've looked over the DMU forums over the past 5 years and every single person who was on the WL and received this interest email (known as THE EMAIL in previous years) was granted an acceptance within 8 days (one person was 3 weeks idk why). I received the same email and was granted an acceptance a week later. Either way keep your head up because it's very likely you will be accepted :) soon!
*woman
Thank you 😊 I appreciate the encouragement. It’s tough waiting and I can imagine its just as hard for everyone else here too. I’m optimistic by nature but its still been hard to wait so long. I’m definitely keeping my head up (your response really cheered me up) & I truly hope for all of us to make it, those on the waitlist still and those who recently interviewed. Regardless of what happens this cycle, I wish the best for everyone.

im in 2nd quartile and I got a txt from anna today asking if I was interested in dmu still. does it mean anything if I received a txt rather than an email?

im in 2nd quartile and I got a txt from anna today asking if I was interested in dmu still. does it mean anything if I received a txt rather than an email?
yay! keep us updated! we’re all rooting for you

I got the Anna Cruz interest email on 6/18…but I have yet to get the acceptance email. Starting to get nervous as it’s been 4 weeks. I’m writing a letter of intent this weekend to send to them on Monday. I was 2nd quartile…anyone in the same situation?

Surely we have to get an answer this upcoming week! Hoping for the best for everyone!

The lack of communication is getting ridiculous at this point

The lack of communication is getting ridiculous at this point
I’m working under the assumption that they didn’t totally empty the waitlist pool so the rest of us just had pointless last minute interviews basically

I’m working under the assumption that they didn’t totally empty the waitlist pool so the rest of us just had pointless last minute interviews basically
Idk it’s hard for me to believe that they’d conduct so many interviews so late without anticipating to accept at least a few people

I mean classes start next week so pretty sure it’s over lol

Not necessarily, occasionally they pull the week leading up, and rarely, but has happened, the week OF orientation.
I mean classes start next week so pretty sure it’s over lol