Drexel IMS Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdterps83

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dunno how many IMS alums look at this forum still but I just wanted to throw a question out there. What type of grade cutoffs (or # of IMSers that recieved x grade) are there in IMS classes? I know it depends from year to year and class to class, but I was hoping somebody out there could give me an idea of what grades to expect. I will try my hardest anyway (of course) but I just have no idea whether a B will be around a 90 or an 82. Even rough estimates would be a help.

Members don't see this ad.

Your IMS B equals the first year medical students' average. Last year the med school averages usually hovered around 82-85 range so for the most part percent grades correlate well with normal letter grades. 80-82 B- 83-86 B 87-89 B+ 90< A- to A
If every IMSer got over a 90 and the med school had a low average, they'd all get A's. There's no cutoff for # that can receive a certain grade.
Just do your best!

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. I was gonna try my best anyway, but it helps to know what to work for.