Edward Via - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you submit, if you are willing to share, please?
Subbed mid july. Got complete email Mid august.

Members don't see this ad.

Subbed mid july. Got complete email Mid august.
Blacksburg, Va and your town in Oregon are secret twin cities, your interview invite is near, my friend, I believe! Submitted 9/2, under review 9/25, still under review as of now, but best of luck to you, man! This cycle turns me into a bitter person and I am not even accepted or an ER Doc yet (might not ever be)!

Reactions: 1 user
I will sacrifice this poster to my secret shrine honoring goro if I get an II tomorrow from VCOM. Mark my words :bow: master goro, hear my prayers. hoiyaboya hoiyaboya hoiyaboya :bow:
So.. what did I just sign up for?

PS Goodluck! Keep us posted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't seen a 2015 match list for this school. Did they post one?

has anyone else not received a complete email? All of my materials are marked as received in the portal but I never received the complete email and I submitted my secondary back in mid-July

I submitted mine on July 30th and have not yet received a complete email.

Have you received yours now?

I submitted mine on July 30th and have not yet received a complete email.

Have you received yours now?
Submitted 9/2, e-mailed them 9/24 complete e-mail 9/25. It seems like they don't send out complete e-mails anymore. Hope, it was helpful.

you lucked out. No II...
:clap:

Congrats @formerphoenix @Sunshine19
Do you mind if you fill this out?

Just hit reply and add your info if you'd like!
Anyone else is welcome to add their info as well. I think it'll help us stay organized and be less neurotic.

UserID - Submitted Secondary/Complete/Pre-II Rejection/II/Post-II status
NBLogical - 10/6/Pending Complete/No/No/No

Members don't see this ad :)
:clap:

Congrats @formerphoenix @Sunshine19
Do you mind if you fill this out?

Just hit reply and add your info if you'd like!
Anyone else is welcome to add their info as well. I think it'll help us stay organized and be less neurotic.

UserID - Submitted Secondary/Complete/Pre-II Rejection/II/Post-II status
NBLogical - 10/6/Pending Complete/No/No/No
Sunshine19 - Secondary 7/28 / Complete 8/14 / No / II 9/8 - Interviewed on 9/16 / Accepted 10/8

So how does it work with the VCOM schools if someone has applied to all 3 campuses? Do they only let you interview at 1?

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED! :heckyeah: :hardy: :soexcited:

complete: 9/10
II: 9/29
IS, GPA ~3.5, MCAT 28

In the event you submitted an application to VCOM last year, what improvements have you made to your application?

Does this question pertain to specific campus? Since I did not apply to VA campus last year, but Auburn.

In the event you submitted an application to VCOM last year, what improvements have you made to your application?

Does this question pertain to specific campus? Since I did not apply to VA campus last year, but Auburn.
No, it applies to VCOM in general so you need to answer it.

How are your EC's?? Im IS, similar stats, similar submission date to sunshine (moderately lower GPA but moderately higher MCAT)...im worried!

I'm a re-applicant, which I think has helped a lot throughout this whole process: 2 years of scribing, founded a club in undergrad, college athlete, average research experience, and some other minor activities. I'm sure you'll hear soon!

Could someone please share the wait times between being completed and an II?

uhhh ive been complete since like august (like a few others in this thread)...it cant be just a week...?

I should clarify that by complete I mean actually receiving the complete email.

I just want to share something. My MCAT score was a 23 (which is not great). But I did not just sit around and wait for them to come to me. I did apply early decision, but you have to let them know you are interested. Show them that this the school you want to attend. I know many people say, "I do not want to be "that person". But this is the career I want so I think it is worth fighting for. That being said- I am not saying call everyday or even every week. I would find reasons to call or email (not the same person in admissions but many different people in admissions to get your name around the office) like questions about open house or updates to application. You have to remember that they are busy this time of year so be smart (not annoying). I just wanted to share because I have tried to get into medical school the last three years- so I definitely learned what did not work. I am happy to say that I finally made it. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I would love to help.

Reactions: 2 users
From their website:

On average, completed applications will be reviewed for an interview within two weeks of the completion date.
but they didnt start sending out II's till september...

Hey guys! Good luck to everyone applying, hope the cycle is going well for you all! I just sent my aacomas in, how long has verification been taking for you guys? Is it too late to be applying with these stats: undergrad GPA: 3.66, MCAT: 21, math/science GPA: 3.76 (Yes, the MCAT sucks, so pretty worried) , average-strong extracurriculars, research, shadowing, and did AmeriCorps for 1 year after graduation. Currently doing a masters in Biomedical Engineering.

If any of you have been accepted to the Carolinas Campus, PM for the Facebook page link

Hey guys! Good luck to everyone applying, hope the cycle is going well for you all! I just sent my aacomas in, how long has verification been taking for you guys? Is it too late to be applying with these stats: undergrad GPA: 3.66, MCAT: 21, math/science GPA: 3.76 (Yes, the MCAT sucks, so pretty worried) , average-strong extracurriculars, research, shadowing, and did AmeriCorps for 1 year after graduation. Currently doing a masters in Biomedical Engineering.

The MCAT is pretty lethal but VCOM gives a strong emphasis toward GPA. I think you have a reasonable chance if you have a D.O. letter and have shown consistent altruism along with a high number of clinical hours.

The MCAT is pretty lethal but VCOM gives a strong emphasis toward GPA. I think you have a reasonable chance if you have a D.O. letter and have shown consistent altruism along with a high number of clinical hours.
Agreed that MCAT is definitely too low even if you have a 4.0. It's concerning due to the fact can you pass the boards and do the work in med school. Not trying to discourage you at all just want you to know it's going to be hard. Applying really really early could have helped you but I would just retake the MCAT and spend the money you would on the secondaries on the MCAT retake. Just my personal opinion.

I'll PM you but the MCAT is the sole indicator that schools have to set you a part from the rest (after GPA) as far as numbers goes. However, I know VCOM grads that had very low MCAT's that scored in the 90th percentile on their boards. So it's not as indicative of your board exam performance as people think. Take full advantage of the resources offerred where you attend, work hard, work hard, work hard, work hard and you will succeed. That being said, I do recommend a retake because since you know it's low and it was your first attempt, you really should give it another shot.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many people are interviewed a week? There doesnt seem to be a lot of movement on this thread relative to most other schools in terms of people saying they got II's/acceptances.

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed a week? There doesnt seem to be a lot of movement on this thread relative to most other schools in terms of people saying they got II's/acceptances.

I think there's roughly two interview days per week and 8 candidates per day. Their post-interview acceptance rate is very high relative to other schools.

Is anyone who was completed after 9/20 got an II yet?

I was interviewed with five other people and found out I was accepted three days later.

From their website:

On average, completed applications will be reviewed for an interview within two weeks of the completion date.

>but they didnt start sending out II's till september...

Can anyone comment on this? I got a complete email late august. Its been over a week (obviously), does this mean I'm rejected?

Can anyone comment on this? I got a complete email late august. Its been over a week (obviously), does this mean I'm rejected?
I was complete for VCOM-CC August 28 and got an interview call the 7th or 8th of September, just to give you my rundown.

Anyone know the answer to this?
Yes I do. So they will match you with the best fit school even if you applied to all three. So I applied to all three and got an interview only at VCOM-CC because that is where they thought was best for me. Then I got accepted there. From what I was told by admissions no one will get interviews at multiple ones.

Yes I do. So they will match you with the best fit school even if you applied to all three. So I applied to all three and got an interview only at VCOM-CC because that is where they thought was best for me. Then I got accepted there. From what I was told by admissions no one will get interviews at multiple ones.

Was VCOM-CC what you marked down as your first choice when you ranked the three?

Was VCOM-CC what you marked down as your first choice when you ranked the three?
It was marked second and Auburn first. I am assuming they saw I was from NC, and stated I wanted to work in the carolinas after school, and put me in with the VCOM-CC campus.