Edward Via - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
VCOM is very selective, they pre-screen before giving out secondaries and only invite people to interviews that they will likely accept. Have you received a secondary? I don't ever recommend cancelling interviews even if their class is full. Every school accepts more students than spaces available.

I did receive a secondary and completed it like in August, and never heard from this school, my numbers are compeititve, and i have a lot of experience with underserved populations and like their mission statement. I already have an acceptance at ACOM, and BCOM is just not worth it at this time, it is very far away from home, new school, little seats left!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I did receive a secondary and completed it like in August, and never heard from this school, my numbers are compeititve, and i have a lot of experience with underserved populations and like their mission statement. I already have an acceptance at ACOM, and BCOM is just not worth it at this time, it is very far away from home, new school, little seats left!
I would agree. I wish I had not spent money going so far away, especially if you already have an acceptance then I would not take a chance on the .00001 (exaggerated) chance of getting into BCOM. As the other person said VCOM is strangely very selective initially. I hope you get an interview. I completed August 28, interview invite came like the 9th of September and had my interview/acceptance in October for the Carolinas Campus. Hope this gives you a better view of my timeline at least. May also not hurt to call and ask what's going on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would agree. I wish I had not spent money going so far away, especially if you already have an acceptance then I would not take a chance on the .00001 (exaggerated) chance of getting into BCOM. As the other person said VCOM is strangely very selective initially. I hope you get an interview. I completed August 28, interview invite came like the 9th of September and had my interview/acceptance in October for the Carolinas Campus. Hope this gives you a better view of my timeline at least. May also not hurt to call and ask what's going on.

I agree! I would absolutely call them, just to get an idea of where you're app is at on THEIR end. I called them to update my application and received an II a week later, and was accepted to the CC as well. It sounds like you're a great fit, just keep your chin up and touch base with them. Best of luck to you :)

Just out of curiosity- for the people accepted AND going, where are you looking at apartments or townhomes? My wife and I are looking and wanted to know what other people thought

I forgot to mention that I live 1.5 minutes from VCOM so feel free to ask me anything about the area etc. I have already interviewed and have been accepted here.

I haven't heard from Edward Via since they emailed me about being scheduled for review in July. No secondary, no rejection. Am I doomed?

I haven't heard from Edward Via since they emailed me about being scheduled for review in July. No secondary, no rejection. Am I doomed?

Absolutely not! I would definitely call them, though. They do look at the "overall applicant" so if you do feel that is you, and you have the same mission as they do, then definitely call. They had something go on with my application, so it said I wasn't complete for awhile. I called them, and later that day I was complete. They are REALLY nice and helpful.

Secondary invitation back in mid Sept. -- completed secondary a week later. Received a complete email a couple days ago. Really hoping for an II soon!

Congrats to those that have been accepted! For those have not heard back, I wish you the best of luck! Message me for any question or whatsoever!

Submitted secondary mid July and just got email this morning saying I was complete!!! I'm OOS with very average stats but lots of clinical experience. Anyone know how long it usually takes for an II after being complete?

Submitted secondary mid july, complete august 28, still haven't heard anything about an II

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been complete since August and haven't heard a word either :/

Submitted secondary at the end of July. Pretty on par numbers but OOS. Do you think it's okay to contact them regarding completion? I hate to be a bother but it seems like a lot of people on here have had great success with contacting them.

Submitted secondary at the end of July. Pretty on par numbers but OOS. Do you think it's okay to contact them regarding completion? I hate to be a bother but it seems like a lot of people on here have had great success with contacting them.

I spoke with someone that had been on the admissions committee for several years when I was in the area a few weeks ago and they warmly welcome shows of interest from applicants. In fact, he was surprised that I hadn't already been in contact with admissions.

I have been complete since September 3rd. How do I contact them showing interest without being a bother? I don't know what to say in an email lol This is my number one school! I'm OOS.

I spoke with someone that had been on the admissions committee for several years when I was in the area a few weeks ago and they warmly welcome shows of interest from applicants. In fact, he was surprised that I hadn't already been in contact with admissions.

Email sent! Thanks!

Submitted secondary mid july, complete august 28, still haven't heard anything about an II

I would reach out to them. I didn't get the first email about my secondary. They resent it to me. Normally, its acceptable to ask about a secondary if the school doesn't do a lot of cuts between the primary and secondary (which VCOM doesnt). It might have gone to your spam folder in your email

just submitted my primary and just got secondary invite...dont know if that's a good sign

Of course it is a good sign :) Best of luck!
Thank you! :) I'm thankful for receiving a secondary just don't know how selective VCOM is with them...hope I didn't come off as arrogant. Good luck to everyone!

I'm filling out the secondary for VCOM. In the secondary they ask for campus preference/ranking. Can anyone speak comprehensively or to any extent regarding the differences if there are any between the Virginia, Carolinas or Auburn campuses?

Finally got the complete email! Hoping to get an II soon!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got an Interview!! Complete on 10/25 interview invite on 10/27!

Accepted!!!!!! So incredibly happy.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!!!!! So incredibly happy.

Same here! Super excited. This is one of my top choices. Have you received an email yet with more information on what we need to do now? I received a congratulations email with some general info but no specifics.

ACCEPTED!!!! I'm so ridiculously excited.

Same here! Super excited. This is one of my top choices. Have you received an email yet with more information on what we need to do now? I received a congratulations email with some general info but no specifics.

Nope! They said we should be getting something via snail mail!

Does anyone know how to contact the school? I have left several voice-mails and sent emails to the admissions office but no one seems to be getting back to me.
My secondary keeps generating an error "Please correct the following issues:You must upload an image of your Green Card." I keep attaching the image within the size limit... tried different computers and browsers.
I would appreciate any help! Thank you

So I have a question, I submitted my II in early August and never got a "marked complete" email, but I know I've submitted everything. Should I email them and see? I'd be so excited to get a II, a friend of mine goes here and LOVES IT

So I have a question, I submitted my II in early August and never got a "marked complete" email, but I know I've submitted everything. Should I email them and see? I'd be so excited to get a II, a friend of mine goes here and LOVES IT

From what I understand they only send you a complete email when your application is under review for an interview invite. And I don't think that they review in the order applications are received, but instead based on stats/EC's/etc. But, it couldn't hurt to email just so they know you are still interested!

From what I understand they only send you a complete email when your application is under review for an interview invite. And I don't think that they review in the order applications are received, but instead based on stats/EC's/etc. But, it couldn't hurt to email just so they know you are still interested!
Good advice, I'll definitely be doing that :)

Just recieved secondary app, good luck to all others applying and congratulations to those already accepted

I submitted my AACOMAS application last night and received my secondary application invitation this morning. I am super excited but super nervous as well. Goodluck to everyone applying!!

I submitted my AACOMAS application last night and received my secondary application invitation this morning. I am super excited but super nervous as well. Goodluck to everyone applying!!
Congratulations! I, like you, submitted my AACOMAS rather late in the cycle. I submitted my secondary on Sunday and am curious to see how rapidly they are reviewed at this point.

Congratulations! I, like you, submitted my AACOMAS rather late in the cycle. I submitted my secondary on Sunday and am curious to see how rapidly they are reviewed at this point.

Same boat! Submitted AACOMAS a bit ago but only submitted secondaries recently. Starting a full time job during the fall was not a great move on my part. But Sallie Mae's a-knockin.

Submitted here in July and they told me they are still screening me. :heckyeah:. Why not just reject me? I don't get it.

Same boat! Submitted AACOMAS a bit ago but only submitted secondaries recently. Starting a full time job during the fall was not a great move on my part. But Sallie Mae's a-knockin.
Haha no doubt, IS or OOS applicant?

You submitted your secondary in July?

No. My primary. They are "still reviewing" my application for a secondary. If I had submitted a secondary I would consider it normal to have not heard anything by now. It's just odd that they are still reviewing me for a secondary.

No. My primary. They are "still reviewing" my application for a secondary. If I had submitted a secondary I would consider it normal to have not heard anything by now. It's just odd that they are still reviewing me for a secondary.

That is very strange. Have you tried calling them and checking to see if you have everything required. I did not really believe that they screened in order to send secondaries but I was super excited to get a secondary so fast. Now I am waiting to actually complete it. You have to wait 48 hours to access it :-/