Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear back from the Sept. 23rd or 24th interview days? :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think DrDoxie hit it on the nail. A lot of questions come in disguise, but are essentially forms of traditional questions. Take a moment to gather your thoughts and remain composed, and you'll be fine.

BTW. there is an interviewer at KCU that does stress interviews. Not conversational at all. practice remaining calm and reasoning things verbally.
I had a mostly conversational interview, but got one tough question. I literally went, "Hmm.. thats a good question... " paused for like 3 seconds, and then launched into my answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From what a I remember, acceptance rates were around a 70-80% up until December hit. Then I guess they sent out a message to those who didn't receive an ii that the class was essentially full and that they wouldn't be looking at apps until April. That didn't mean there we're interview data after December but it just meant that if you hadn't received one by December that the class was essentially full via interview dates.

I don't know if acceptance rates dropped after December though.

Do you mean that 70-80% of interviewees get an acceptance at this point in the cycle? Any stats on applicants/interviews/accepted overall for last cycle?

Just got II via email! Although the email says they recently notified me of an II and I need to sign up....but I never got anything lol

I was accepted almost 2 years ago. Still looking for that II email they said they sent...

Thank GOD I called them for a status update otherwise I would have never known.

Reactions: 2 users
The 3.25 cgpa minimum is a hard requirement right?

even though not gpa related..I don't think they are overtly strict. I got a really unbalanced mcat (27 with a 6 in verbal...even though they said no mcat section lower than a 7!) Just apply and be optimistic that they will give you a chance.

II today!!

Out of state (Oklahoma), GPA 4.00 MCAT 507.

What do guys think of my chances?? Any advice?
I have heard great things about this school and am really excited to come visit!

FYI I met 2 of 3 criteria (below 3.25 sGPA) and got an interview (9/10), but unfortunately was rejected post-interview.

I thought my interview was good and conversational. I loved the school and student ambassadors so I'm really disappointed I couldn't make the waitlist even.
Unless I got a deceptive interviewer who judged me harshly, I think it's more or less my low stats (LizzyM 61). He did write down his email for me of his own will...I wonder if I should email for feedback?

Oh well, at least I'll keep the free shirt and I know my white coat size now! ;)
Best of luck to the rest of those interviewing...and congrats to those accepted!

You should definitely get some feedback! I got accepted with the same LizzyM score (I got the only 1 on 2 interview group and got grilled barbecue style by my interviewers though).

Wore my KCU shirt today for good luck and then.... ACCEPTED!! Interviewed 9/23. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! OMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! 9/23

literally spit out my breakfast when I saw the e-mail

Reactions: 12 users
CONGRATZ to the newly accepted!!! :highfive::claps:

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats guys!!!!!! Welcome to the family! :clap::clap:

Here is the facebook group for class of 2020 and join us in the class of 2020 thread!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted and interviewed 9/24!!! Just got the email. :)
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing how long after you submitted your secondary did you get invited for an interview?? I'm not sure how come it takes so long for the app status to turn to "complete"!! Thanks!:)

Has anyone not heard anything? I interviewed 9/23. Thought I did well

Accepteddddd. Interviewed 9/23

Reactions: 4 users
Looks like we have to wait for snail mail. Congrats to everyone else!

Hang in tight future classmates!! Some of us didn't receive our acceptance email until a day after other people who did. If you didn't get one, they just haven't gotten to you yet. Do NOT worry!!

Hang in tight future classmates!! Some of us didn't receive our acceptance email until a day after other people who did. If you didn't get one, they just haven't gotten to you yet. Do NOT worry!!

Of course this happens before the weekend where we have to wait two whole days now...

Reactions: 3 users
sidenote to those who did not receive an email yet and thought they did well. I was in your boat about 2 weeks ago and someone whom I met on the interview trail mentioned that I should contact Patti (remember she gave us her number to text her! lol). So the day after SDN and my phone blew up I shot Patti a text and she was very kind and helpful. I ended up receiving an email shortly after we texted! If you're antsy and think you did well, I would reach out to her; however, it is possible they might be a little delayed.

sidenote to those who did not receive an email yet and thought they did well. I was in your boat about 2 weeks ago and someone whom I met on the interview trail mentioned that I should contact Patti (remember she gave us her number to text her! lol). So the day after SDN and my phone blew up I shot Patti a text and she was very kind and helpful. I ended up receiving an email shortly after we texted! If you're antsy and think you did well, I would reach out to her; however, it is possible they might be a little delayed.

I would feel weird texting her though! I don't think I have her number anymore, regardless.

No email here, interviewed 9/23 and I felt I did really well. Anxious now

Interviewed 9/24. My anxiety has been through the roof all day long haha. Trying not to panic...but definitely nervous. I'm guessing the office has to be closed by now though, I mean Friday at 5:30pm...ahhhh.

I have the section of verbal on the MCAT less than 7. I'm not a native speaker since I just moved here 3 years ago. I got a secondary from KCU. Does that mean I passed the screening? I also have a 4.0 sGPA

Thanks for the help

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing how long after you submitted your secondary did you get invited for an interview?? I'm not sure how come it takes so long for the app status to turn to "complete"!! Thanks!:)
It took me about 3 weeks.

If anyone still needs Patti's number, just DM me and I'll give it to you if you haven't gotten it from someone else already...
I'm part of the 9/29 group...anxiously waiting ~4 more days :D

OMG!!!! Acceptance letter this afternoon!!! Still doubt if it is real....interviewed 10/1

Reactions: 8 users
You interviewed just 8 days ago and already got a decision?! How is this possible!!!
I know! That's why I still can't believe it is true. I read the email dozen timeso_Oo_O just can't believe my eyes. Very thankful...

I know! That's why I still can't believe it is true. I read the email dozen timeso_Oo_O just can't believe my eyes. Very thankful...

Congrats!! It was great meeting you and I hope to see you here next year!

(And of course congrats to everyone else accepted today!)

Finally AACOMAS verified! Man they break that GPA down a billion ways.

Congrats!! It was great meeting you and I hope to see you here next year!

(And of course congrats to everyone else accepted today!)
Can't wait to meet you guys again on campus!!!

That's ridiculous!! (In a good way) I'm hoping to get something soon....9/29. Do you know if any others from your group got a decision?

That's ridiculous!! (In a good way) I'm hoping to get something soon....9/29. Do you know if any others from your group got a decision?
I believe yours should be out soon. I really didn't expect it to be this fast. I saw the people from 23rd, 24th hearing back this morning, and I thought ours should be next week. I almost threw away my phone when I saw the email heading "Admission Decision". Best of luck!!!

I interviewed on 9/24 and haven't gotten anything yet. I'll take that as a waitlist or rejection then. Dam, this was my first choice.

I interviewed on 9/24 and haven't gotten anything yet. I'll take that as a waitlist or rejection then. Dam, this was my first choice.

From my interview group, some people heard back the day after I received my acceptance email, so don't give up hope. There's a chance they just haven't finalized your decision yet. I would text Patti on Monday...

I remember that some people on my interview day got an email earlier in the week and I received an acceptance about one to two days afterwards. So, there is still hope! I wish you the best of luck regardless of what KCU says.