Kansas State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, you all are hearing back even quicker than I did! And that's interesting they're just sending letters this time and no emails. Congratulations everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So... just panicking about my interview. So is the interview attire business casual? I am just needing to make sure.

So... just panicking about my interview. So is the interview attire business casual? I am just needing to make sure.

I saw a couple of people wearing business casual attire. I wore a suit. I don't remember seeing anything explicitly stating one way or the other.

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost everyone wore suits (jacket/blazer and matching pants) with a blouse. i think i saw one person wearing a cardigan but that's it. that's what it's generally been like at the three interviews i've been at.

I'm low-key panicking, so you're not alone. ;) I'm wearing a suit with a pair of black heels.

Business professional def. I wore a suit with a button down shirt and heels and one of my interviewers actually complimented me on being so well dressed

Why snail mail!!? WHY! Hopefully they'll also just send out emails at some point, or some of us may be in for a long and stressful wait! Also, does anyone know if they are sending out rejections too?
P.S. Yes, definitely wear a nice suit to interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah looks like I am going shopping for a suit on wednesday with my mom. I have never had an interview, this is the first school that I have applied to that needed one, I only applied to CSU for IS the last three years, so here's to hoping!

I got my acceptance letter today! However, I think I will be selecting UPenn over K-state. Good luck everyone!

Got my acceptance in the mail today! I'm ecstatic! :soexcited:I interviewed on the 17th

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if there's a class Facebook page set up yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone else interviewing this weekend! :)

I have been extremely impressed by KState this weekend. Honestly I think this is my #1 pick after hearing about the curriculum and community, and talking to students and faculty. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I receive an offer within the next couple of weeks!!! Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! The atmosphere is very laid back and conversational. I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Reactions: 2 users
This week marks the deadline for when we are to hear back with decisions. My question is, were the acceptances that were sent already preliminary or all of the acceptances from the first weekend of interview? Will there be more acceptances from the first weekend when all decisions are sent out?

I interviewed first weekend, 1/16, and have not heard anything.

This week marks the deadline for when we are to hear back with decisions. My question is, were the acceptances that were sent already preliminary or all of the acceptances from the first weekend of interview? Will there be more acceptances from the first weekend when all decisions are sent out?

I'm in the same situation. (Although I believe we were the second weekend, as some interviewed on 1/08. Third if you count the early ones.)

I'm in the same situation. (Although I believe we were the second weekend, as some interviewed on 1/08. Third if you count the early ones.)

Mary Sue said that 1/16 and 1/17 were the first OOS interviews, guess everyone is messed up. Haha. The wait is nerve wracking.

Mary Sue said that 1/16 and 1/17 were the first OOS interviews, guess everyone is messed up. Haha. The wait is nerve wracking.
I might be thinking of a different school for 1/08, but I know OOS applicants interviewed on 12/20 as they posted about acceptances a while ago

It's still possible to receive an acceptance.

Welp, still haven't heard anything from KState. No interview or rejection... yet :rolleyes:

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail! Aaaahhh, so happy. I loved KState after interviewing/touring and would love to go here.

I'm OOS and I interviewed on the 17th. The letter was dated the 19th, postmarked the 21st, but arrived just today.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! It isn't over until you have that rejection/alternate letter, so try to stay hopeful.:highfive:

Reactions: 5 users
Got an offer but declined for Illinois!

Last edited:
I just got my acceptance letter in the mail! Aaaahhh, so happy. I loved KState after interviewing/touring and would love to go here.

I'm OOS and I interviewed on the 17th. The letter was dated the 19th, postmarked the 21st, but arrived just today.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! It isn't over until you have that rejection/alternate letter, so try to stay hopeful.:highfive:
Better change your "Class of 2020?" to "CLASS OF 2020!!!!!" CONGRATULATIONS!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know about K-State's dress code? I know it's a bit soon but I'm curious.

Does anyone know about K-State's dress code? I know it's a bit soon but I'm curious.
During the interview, our tour guide said they do have a vet school dress code, I believe she used "business casual". However she did say what she was wearing was acceptable, which was nice jeans, white keds, a cute shirt, and a K-State vet med zip up. So not too strict, but don't look like a ragamuffin!

I don't want to wait!!! I wish I knew now!!!! I interviewed on the 30th and would love love love to be part of their program!

During the interview, our tour guide said they do have a vet school dress code, I believe she used "business casual". However she did say what she was wearing was acceptable, which was nice jeans, white keds, a cute shirt, and a K-State vet med zip up. So not too strict, but don't look like a ragamuffin!

Thank you! Good to know nice jeans are okay. And keds, I love keds!

Is there anyone else that interviewed in December that is still waiting on a decision?

Is there anyone else that interviewed in December that is still waiting on a decision?
You should contact the school... They said if you haven't heard 2 weeks after your interview to email Dr. Elmore

This is pretty much on point. There is a dress code in the student faculty handbook, but unless you come in looking like a hobo no one really enforces it. Some days I'll dress nicer when I feel motivated, but I usually wear jeans and a button-down/polo/sweater, sometimes a t-shirt plus or minus a sweatshirt. Once you're on clinics that changes, but for the classroom you can more or less prioritize comfort.

This is pretty much on point. There is a dress code in the student faculty handbook, but unless you come in looking like a hobo no one really enforces it. Some days I'll dress nicer when I feel motivated, but I usually wear jeans and a button-down/polo/sweater, sometimes a t-shirt plus or minus a sweatshirt. Once you're on clinics that changes, but for the classroom you can more or less prioritize comfort.

Thanks for the info!!!

This would be a major adjustment. I'm a D1 athlete. Sweats are my life.

Not to mention leggings and yoga pants. I like literally only wear jeans to the barn.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has gotten a rejection letter or not for KS? I haven't gotten an email for an interview or a rejection letter and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has gotten a rejection letter or not for KS? I haven't gotten an email for an interview or a rejection letter and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
You're not alone. Plenty of people have not gotten anything from KState, including myself.

I had my interview this past weekend and Mary Sue Moore said that there were some applicants from the first round of interviews (16th and 17th) that they sent acceptances out to right away (students that the panel really wanted to offer acceptance to quickly), but not everyone got one. She said that everyone from all interview dates will find out either yes, waitlist, or no, by the end of the second week in February. Hope this helps!

I had my interview this past weekend and Mary Sue Moore said that there were some applicants from the first round of interviews (16th and 17th) that they sent acceptances out to right away (students that the panel really wanted to offer acceptance to quickly), but not everyone got one. She said that everyone from all interview dates will find out either yes, waitlist, or no, by the end of the second week in February. Hope this helps!

Thank you for sharing this. I'm still not optimistic, but at least this answers some of my questions. Since I know acceptances have been given out after each of the interview dates, I'm wondering, has anyone here from interview dates before or on 1/16 received *rejections*, or are they just holding out on those completely until all decisions have been made?...

Out of the 4 schools I'm interviewing at, this is the only one with a dress code, so I'm a little surprised. I'd have to factor in the cost of a wardrobe update with everything else if I get into more than one

Has anyone else not heard anything yet from K-State?

Has anyone else not heard anything yet from K-State?
Haven't heard anything as well. Tbh I'm waiting for a rejection letter to come anytime soon.

Lilly63 and Jota93 keep positive :rolleyes: and here is to hoping we find out something soon.