Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting--so random groups rather than specific grouping based on apps. No, sorry. :( I'm quite a bit further down the alphabet.

Me too...I'm near the end

Members don't see this ad.

From what it looks like from last year you interview with being based on last name in alphabetical order. Fellow 8/16 group, would your last names happen to be in the first fourth of the alphabet?

I doubt it. My last name begins with one of the first four alphabet and wasn't invited for interview.

I am talking about who you interview with on interview day. I guess last year it seemed to be 4 groups of 6.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did people submit a secondary without an email? Don't you need a user/password to get at it? I started getting secondaries, Lecom's hasn't come yet but if all it is is a payment and a place to send letters, I want to do it as quickly as possible. I'm seriously jelly of all you guys who have interview invites already, nice job guys.

Also just called the holiday inn and their special rate is like 68 for a standard and 83 for a suite

Interviewing 7/22.

Is anyone else starting to have interview nightmares?
Had a dream last night I showed up to the interview without pants and dress socks. haha

Question though:
is wearing a beard to the interview professional? I look awful without facial hair, but I'm wondering if the proper thing to do is to be clean shaven?

Thanks! Good luck to everyone!:thumbup:

Interviewing 7/22.

Had a dream last night I showed up to the interview without pants and dress socks. haha

Question though:
is wearing a beard to the interview professional? I look awful without facial hair, but I'm wondering if the proper thing to do is to be clean shaven?

I have worn a goatee forever and haven't seen my bare chin in 10 years. I always keep it trimmed and short so I think I am going to keep it even though my mother thinks I should shave it.

Interviewing 7/22.

Question though:

I'm wearing my beard to interviews, but I'm going to trim it nicely and make sure it's not scraggly.

Hey everyone so my portal still says that they have received my secondary application and I will be notified when changes are made, but I have not received an email from them like I did from Erie. Has anyone else experienced this? I submitted secondary 2 weeks ago

Just received an email that my application has been processed. I submitted my secondary application on 6/26.

Just got an email that says my supplemental has been processed....but I already got an II....anyone else have this happen to them?

Seems weird.

Also, my LORs have still not been posted. They told me that they would have them up by today, but I will check early next week at the latest, I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email that says my supplemental has been processed....but I already got an II....anyone else have this happen to them?

Seems weird.

Also, my LORs have still not been posted. They told me that they would have them up by today, but I will check early next week at the latest, I suppose.

Same here

just got an email that says my supplemental has been processed....but i already got an ii....anyone else have this happen to them?

Seems weird.

Also, my lors have still not been posted. They told me that they would have them up by today, but i will check early next week at the latest, i suppose.

+1

Seems weird.

Same here, for both the email and my LORs.

The Lakewood ranch/Bradenton one. If you search like Wingate holiday inn Bradenton it should come up. You are supposed to be able to put on an online code to get the discount but I can't figure it out so I am just going to call and book.

Seems weird.

Yep. Made me paranoid enough to log into their portal just to make sure my interview was still scheduled :cool:

The Lakewood ranch/Bradenton one. If you search like Wingate holiday inn Bradenton it should come up. You are supposed to be able to put on an online code to get the discount but I can't figure it out so I am just going to call and book.

Thanks, will do!

I wonder if that was the hotel with an airport shuttle? I will have to ask when I call.

Any new interview invitations? Or still just for 2 weeks from now?

Is the interview feedback section the only way to research what to expect next week?

Noticed that my letters were marked as received today--all but my DO letter.

Spoke with the Office of Admissions today of another DO school (because they had my committee letter--which was written by an MD--marked as my physician letter) and it turns out that my DO letter was completely left out of my committee packet (!)--had to call my undergrad and have them upload that letter today to VirtualEvals (which they accidentally didn't do before).

Glad I caught the missing letter now--gotta have that letter in before my interview!

Last edited:
no, last cycle's thread is an even better resource.

Been reading through the thread. Seems like a very straightforward interview day. Doesn't sound like any curveballs.

Been reading through the thread. Seems like a very straightforward interview day. Doesn't sound like any curveballs.

Well other than the fact that it's a group interview, haha. But that is good to hear; will check out that thread soon. :thumbup:

Does anyone here know Ron shively's email address?

Didn't get a secondary app yet? Decent stats, submitted primary first day it opened. I didn't apply to LECOM-Erie though, just Bradenton. The only thing I don't have in is my DO letter, is this why or should I reach out to them?

Thanks

So I received my secondary from the Erie campus early last week but not for Bradenton yet. Anyone have a similar situation?

Didn't get a secondary app yet? Decent stats, submitted primary first day it opened. I didn't apply to LECOM-Erie though, just Bradenton. The only thing I don't have in is my DO letter, is this why or should I reach out to them?

Thanks

Check your spam.

I did what you did and while I didn't get the coveted July interview, I did get an August interview invite.

Just wait until you get the secondary. LOR aren't necessary yet until you get the II.

Anyone know when they send out secondaries? I was told I'd receive a secondary--but have yet to get one.

Just wondering if they maybe send em out every Wed or every Thursday.

Anyone else "letters and required credit" still x out? Should I call the office?

Anyone else "letters and required credit" still x out? Should I call the office?

I'd be hesitant about calling the office about this, it may only slow them down further if everybody starts calling.
Per the email received when the secondary was processed:
"Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the Admissions Tab under "Required Courses and Letters". Click "View Folder Items" on the right side of the screen. PLEASE BE PATIENT - THESE DOCUMENTS MUST BE CHECKED IN MANUALLY AND THIS MAY TAKE A FEW WEEKS."
They even put it in all caps. That probably means they don't want a bunch of people calling about it.

Just got an interview for LECOM Erie, so I'm cancelling my Bradenton Interview for 7/22.
Should open up a spot for one of you.

I just don't think the PBL is going to prepare me well enough for USMLE Step 1. Maybe Step 2.......... but Step 1 is the most important exam for Matching (esp. the more competitive ones like orthopaedics, urology, etc.), and I just think a lecture based study is what I'm most comfortable with. ;)

Just got an interview for LECOM Erie, so I'm cancelling my Bradenton Interview for 7/22.
Should open up a spot for one of you.

I just don't think the PBL is going to prepare me well enough for USMLE Step 1. Maybe Step 2.......... but Step 1 is the most important exam for Matching (esp. the more competitive ones like orthopaedics, urology, etc.), and I just think a lecture based study is what I'm most comfortable with. ;)

I agree with you 100% about PBL. I'm very hesitant about it mostly because I've been so dependent on lectures through college. I wonder if there are schools that do lecture based learning and just a minor PBL supplemental session every now and then.

AACOMAS verified my application and it says it was released to schools on 7/11. I have already received two secondaries, but have not received one for LECOM.

I was wondering how long after your application was released did it take to receive secondaries.

My stats are 3.95 science and non-science and 28 MCAT.

AACOMAS verified my application and it says it was released to schools on 7/11. I have already received two secondaries, but have not received one for LECOM.

I was wondering how long after your application was released did it take to receive secondaries.

My stats are 3.95 science and non-science and 28 MCAT.

your stats are competitive for MD

I am also applying to MD. I am just hoping to stay in my home state of Florida!

LECOM Erie has processed my secondary already but for some reason Bradenton hasnt yet. Anyone seeing Bradenton being a few days slower? Just wont to make sure nothing went wrong with my Bradenton application.

LECOM Erie has processed my secondary already but for some reason Bradenton hasnt yet. Anyone seeing Bradenton being a few days slower? Just wont to make sure nothing went wrong with my Bradenton application.

How can you see if your application has been processed. On portal, when I click on the school, erie or bradenton, I see "processing".

How can you see if your application has been processed. On portal, when I click on the school, erie or bradenton, I see "processing".

After I submitted both secondaries a few days later I got an email from LECOM saying "The Office of Admissions at LECOM Erie has processed your supplemental application. You can monitor the status of your application by logging on to the LECOM Candidate Portal." In the admission status I see that is says "Your application is under review" for Erie but for Bradenton it says "We've received your supplemental application"

After I submitted both secondaries a few days later I got an email from LECOM saying "The Office of Admissions at LECOM Erie has processed your supplemental application. You can monitor the status of your application by logging on to the LECOM Candidate Portal." In the admission status I see that is says "Your application is under review" for Erie but for Bradenton it says "We've received your supplemental application"

Oh OK. Thanks.

Should we be submitting the secondary even without the email invite?

Look forward to meeting some of you guys Monday!

Be sure to tell us how it goes for later interviewers :thumbup:.

Are you going to ask for the decision soon or wait until December because I am really torn over the decision :scared:

I will ask for the soon decision. If I'm accepted I will be able to eliminate a good chunk of my current applications. That peace of mind is worth the $1,500 in August.

I will ask for the soon decision. If I'm accepted I will be able to eliminate a good chunk of my current applications. That peace of mind is worth the $1,500 in August.

So how does that work? Do they make the decision right away but not tell you until December or do they wait to make the decision in December? I wonder if that sends a bad message when you ask to find out later. I wonder if I wait to December I'll have a lesser chance of an acceptance.

What does everyone else think they're going to do?