Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview on Nov. 21st. For those who have heard back, how quick is their turnaround on decisions?
For me, I had already been accepted to LECOM-SH, which they knew, so they called me two days after my interview to let me know I was accepted so I didn't have to put a deposit down for both. However, at our interview they told us that we would know November 15, so I think that's when most people from my interview are going to find out. I interviewed on Oct. 13th.

Members don't see this ad.

Just fyi we were told today that the class of 2016 had a mean comlex1 score of 572

Reactions: 1 user
ii today!
Completed on Sept. 29
MCAT 28
GPA 3.64, sGPA: 3.77
They scheduled me for 10/29/2014....I need to buy a suit....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ii today!
Completed on Sept. 29
MCAT 28
GPA 3.64, sGPA: 3.77
They scheduled me for 10/29/2014....I need to buy a suit....
I think Joseph A Bank is having another sale if you want to look there. But it will take 2 weeks to tailor it if you want the seams for the pants done or anything.
Edit: Forgot to congratulate you on the interview!

II Today! All of the dates were early December

On the alternate list and confirmed my interest in attending. Now we play the waiting game.

original_22886557.jpg

Im pretty sure ill be attending UNECOM:)
Much closer being from the north east, and i love the school

Should I be worried? All my files were in on 9/19.. and its application status has always been "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." should I call them and ask what's up? or would it annoy them...

Hi, I filled out my 1 week ago secondary, Do both the LECOM require a Do LOR, beacause i only have MD. :[

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I filled out my 1 week ago secondary, Do both the LECOM require a Do LOR, beacause i only have MD. :[
they do but u dont have to have them until your interview

Should I be worried? All my files were in on 9/19.. and its application status has always been "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." should I call them and ask what's up? or would it annoy them...

Wondering the same thing. I've been complete since 9/22. Did you end up calling?

I may call Bradenton on Thursday, unless anyone here can chime in, i hope they won't get annoyed by my paranoia and think damn, how can this person handle all that stress in med school when she can't even wait patiently wait for uupdate.....

"Decision made" / "30 days" on portal, but no interview. Looks like I've been rejected - darn. 3.26NS/3.14O/2.97S and 12PS/12VR/12BS on MCAT - looks like an sGPA cutoff got me in trouble again. Good luck to everyone else!

"Decision made" / "30 days" on portal, but no interview. Looks like I've been rejected - darn. 3.26NS/3.14O/2.97S and 12PS/12VR/12BS on MCAT - looks like an sGPA cutoff got me in trouble again. Good luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear that. You have a really solid MCAT! Are your ECs strong as well?

I think this school has a big focus on getting people that do well in upper division science classes. someone rejected was advised to do an SMP to prove they can handle the curriculum. i think this is why people with such high stats are getting rejected without interview.

Do you have any idea when you were complete? My portal says my app has been sent to the committee. It's said this for almost a month now. Although I sent in my application in late August...

Well, I was otherwise complete in August, but I retook the MCAT in September and received my new score on October 7. I had indicated my plans on my AACOMAS application, so until this week, the Portal said "awaiting MCAT score".

II Today! All of the dates were early December
Do you mind telling us when you were complete and what yours stats are? I tried to call them since my status has been "your app has been processed and will be sent to Admission committee for further review " for like a month..., but they didn't pick up.

Is anyone else interviewing on Nov 3rd? Would love to meet at least one other interviewee, helps ease the anxiety for interview day.

Do you mind telling us when you were complete and what yours stats are? I tried to call them since my status has been "your app has been processed and will be sent to Admission committee for further review " for like a month..., but they didn't pick up.
LizzyM ~70 and I was complete end of September but they didn't get one of my behavioral science credits from another school until last week! Now to get my D.O. letter done....

Do we have to confirm our interest in attending? How do I do that... ( I intervied sept 26)

Do we have to confirm our interest in attending? How do I do that... ( I intervied sept 26)
If you were waitlisted by letter, it should have instructions on the letter on how to do that. I suggest calling Annette

I also recovered the "you've been complete and we will be sending you a notification of our decision within 30 days ". Since I haven't interviewed I assume this is a rejection. Oh well! One less school to keep track of :) GL everyone else

Same. Lol.

interviewed yesterday. Very clean and beautiful school. This school means business and im very impressed

Hopefully you guys get to sit in on the Problem Based Learning sessions. I enjoyed watching it quite thoroughly

Ah, I'm on the 3rd. Best of luck on your day!

That's the day us first years have our first PBL exam so if we look all disheveled that's why. :) If anyone has any questions about the school or interview process feel free to PM me. Good luck!

Interviewing on the 3rd. Anyone have any advice, or want to meet up if you're in the area?

my only advice to you guys is to relax. With a cool mind, you can answer any question, even if its something ridicoulous

I do hope that everyone who did interview along side me did well. Met some cool people that day

Hi there,

I have an interview here in a bout a week, and from what I've gathered it's pretty important to understand the PBL system. I know the general rundown of it because I interviewed in Erie as well, but I was hoping to get some specifics on it from some current students.

What do you guys like about PBL? And what don't you like about it? PBL is the reason I applied to the LECOM campuses, and I would fit well in it, but it's just the matter of convincing the interviewers of that.

Any other advice that could be given for the interview would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sweet received interview for this Friday. Such late notice lol

Out of curiosity, when did you submit your secondary? I'm really hoping get an interview at Bradenton soon.
I submitted when it was opened to me but was completed two weeks ago cause they waited for my mcat scores to come out

Perfect. Thank you! Sounds like I should be hearing from them soon.

I submitted when it was opened to me but was completed two weeks ago cause they waited for my mcat scores to come out

To people who have interviewed.What time should I expect the interview process finish? I am buying flight tickets and would hate to schedule a flight home too early.