Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that received ii's here...what did your portal say before the official ii came?
so I got my II today. before i got it, it indicated that the application is processed.

btw, my LECOM Erie is still under review

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
so I got my II today. before i got it, it indicated that the application is processed.

btw, my LECOM Erie is still under review

you have something like this??: Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made.

I've had this for a while (was complete 8/15) and don't know what this means for my odds of an ii at this point...

you have something like this??: Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made.

I've had this for a while (was complete 8/15) and don't know what this means for my odds of an ii at this point...

I have an email from LECOM bradenton that says "The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application. You can monitor the status of your application by logging on to the LECOM Candidate Portal. "
at this point, i cannot see what the online portal said before ii came.

anyone else have similar situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Was hoping for some advice. I interviewed 8/11 and chose the 1 month turn-around. I've been checking my status a bunch and it still says "The Admissions Committee requests all letters of recommendation before making a decision on your file. " When I look under the required letters and credits section I see that my letters are in there. My gut is telling me to just wait until the deadline 9/11 before emailing them, but the neurotic pre-med in me wants to send an email now. What do you think?

Hey y'all, I interviewed at the end of August so I thought I'd provide some feedback.

Interview: There were 6-7 people in each group with 2 interviewers. We were only asked 3-4 questions and each candidate probably had <10 minutes to talk each. All of our questions were about PBL and our study habits (so read up on PBL and make sure you know what you're talking about). There was also a scenario we had to work together to figure out. There was very little time to ask questions. Tbh, it was very difficult to tell what kind of impression we left. Other groups were asked even fewer and seemingly less relevant questions (what book they read, etc).

Rest of the day: Take advantage of the lunch w/ the student ambassadors to ask them about their experiences and see if PBL is truly the right fit for you. That was definitely the theme of the day...everyone who talked to us kept emphasizing FIT and how if we weren't sure that PBL was for us, we'd essentially be miserable. The interviewers even stated that their job was to determine if PBL was right for us. We got to sit in on a PBL session with 2nd years, which was really neat. I was definitely impressed by the kind of dynamic and interaction I saw. So don't doze off during the session! Pay attention and try to imagine yourself in that kind of learning environment.

Overall impression: If you want a school with ton of student resources and a very centralized support system, this isn't it. The "campus" is 1 building, and I got the impression that many students study off campus. But if you are able to seek out support and guidance/mentors by yourself from the faculty and staff, it'll work. There is an impressive amount of student orgs and service opportunities (local and abroad), but you aren't allowed to be involved until your 2nd year and only if you're in good academic standing.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, is it possible to get accepted to both the Bradenton and Erie/Seton Hill campuses? I understand that they are considered two separate schools but I read somewhere that ppl usually only get accepted to one of the two? Any thoughts? if any current student or those with experience applying here can reply that would be great! :] Has anyone gotten an II from both bradenton and erie/seton hill?
And best of luck to you all!

Yes it is, I got II's from both Erie and bradenton. Best of luck!

Does a long period of silence between complete and actually hearing something mean you're likely rejected or waitlisted at this school?

I think the adcom finally met again. My portal changed to a decision has been made. Has anyone called and asked for their decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified on the 10th. How long should I wait to get a secondary?

I was verified on the 10th. How long should I wait to get a secondary?
mine was verified 8/13 and i got secondary 8/24. i think the later you get verified the longer it could take

Anybody interviewing tomorrow wanna try to meet for dinner tonight?

I am! But getting in late. Where are good places to go for a quick dinner?
I just drove around and there are a lot of good places to eat around here. I just ate at Burger King really quickly while driving to Bradenton from Tampa.

Good luck with interviews, everyone!
I just got the email: "The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made regarding an interview. The Admissions Committee will meet to review your application every 90 days; you will be notified if there is a change in their decision at that time."
Meh.

LECOM- Bradenton application processed 9/3
II - 9/8

Stats:
sGPA: 3.5 cGPA 3.62 MCAT: 28

I'm interviewing on 11/7/14 anyone else interviewing on this date?

Enjoyed the interview here a lot and met a lot of nice people who were also interviewing. I previously heard interviews were relaxed and conversational but I would say mine was a little bit more stressful than that. No questions were unfair or impossible though. School is great minus a few weird rules (no food or water bottles except in cafeteria, dress code, etc). It seems like I would do well in PBL, but I need to do more research since we couldn't sit in on a session. It is compelling how well their students score on their boards. I feel that I would be very happy to be accepted here.

The Lakewood Ranch area of Bradenton is great. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/University Park, it's like 10 minutes away and right in the middle of great shopping and restaurants.

Reactions: 3 users
hey guys, what day of the week does bradenton interview? it appears from these posts that they are on wed and fri. if anyone has another day of the week, please let me know :) thanks!

Last edited:
Where did you end up eating @noleknight16 ? Also agree with everything you said about the interview. Hopefully we both get accepted and end up at the same school!

Where did you end up eating @noleknight16 ? Also agree with everything you said about the interview. Hopefully we both get accepted and end up at the same school!

Yeah man for sure. I'll keep you updated. Did you do the September or November decision time?

Yeah man for sure. I'll keep you updated. Did you do the September or November decision time?
I honestly loved the school way to much to wait for a November decision. I choose to get my decision in September, what about you?

I honestly loved the school way to much to wait for a November decision. I choose to get my decision in September, what about you?

I picked November. They were my first interview and that $1500 deposit within 30 days is no joke. I'm assuming everything will likely sort itself out by December so I went with that route.

Received II, but I'm not sure what date I should choose....
Would a November date be too late?

Who all is interviewing on 10/13?
Also for the ones who already interviewed, did y'all know who was interviewing you beforehand? Can I just email to find that information?

anyone else interviewing Monday 9/22? I am flying into tampa Saturday and Flying out Monday. Was thinking it could be cool to split renting a car. PM me if interested!

Interviewed 8/11 but finally got my DO letter submitted on Thursday. Hopefully I'll know by Monday! IS, 3.5c, 3.4s, 11/9/10

I just submitted my app. As far as letters go, can I go ahead and submit them now, or do I submit them only if I get an interview invite?

I just submitted my app. As far as letters go, can I go ahead and submit them now, or do I submit them only if I get an interview invite?
When you get an interview! They don't want them before

oops.. sent em anyways...

You can submit them any time. I submitted mine before I got my invite, they just won't give you a decision until your letters are in but other than that they don't care when you submit them.

You can submit them any time. I submitted mine before I got my invite, they just won't give you a decision until your letters are in but other than that they don't care when you submit them.
thats what I figured when I sent them in anyways

Has anyone who interviewed on 9/12 heard anything back?

it seems people have gotten information by calling but it really is only 7 days until everyone that did early decision hears back. i am not sure how the early decision information is released. is it by email?

thanks

Nah i called once and it didnt end well lol
I wanted to call them myself but just decided that I should hold off. Just really excited about this school and would love to know as soon as possible!