Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know or have been accepted with a below 500 MCAT? I was told the minimum score to be evaluated was a 495, I scored a 497 and this is my #1 school. The admissions told me the average MCAT is a 505, but I am hoping my GPAs of 3.44 for cum and sci can at least warrant me an interview. My LORs are solid.

Just looking to see what people know. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have suggestions on safe places to live, reasonably far from the school and outside of major flood zones?

Anyone hear if there has been any movement from the alternate list?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear if there has been any movement from the alternate list?

I spoke with Admissions late last week and they said movement has been very slow this year, much like last year. The majority of the movement last year was later on in late June/early July.

I spoke with Admissions late last week and they said movement has been very slow this year, much like last year. The majority of the movement last year was later on in late June/early July.

Thank you for the update!

I've been accepted elsewhere, so I'm withdrawing my application from LECOM Bradenton's "accepted pending an open seat" list that I have been aware of since early May. If they haven't even gotten to calling me for an acceptance at this point despite being on this priority waitlist, then that does not sound good for people who have been placed on the regular waitlist, unfortunately.

Anyone care to comment on Tampa Bay traffic? Im flying in next month fof interview and have never even been in Florida. Trying to anticipate how I should schedule my flight times. Any other thoughts/tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Give yourself some time. To my knowledge there is only one bridge from Tampa to Bradenton and traffic on that can be a nightmare if, for instance, an accident were to happen. Google maps actually has a feature now with graphs that give you commute time predictions based on the time of day and normal traffic conditions.
Its weird....but I'm pretty sure when I drove from Tampa airport to bradenton for my interview I didn't go over a bridge. Are there ways around the bridge or is my memory really failing me?

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

You can take 275 from Tampa through St Pete and go over the Sunshine Skyway bridge. Or you can go from Tampa straight to 75. I would think 275 through St Pete would be quicker since Tampa International Airport is right off of 275.

Wait so they are handing out interview spots for the new cycle already?!?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys. Withdrawing my spot here. Hope it goes to one of you sdners.

I received an email last Friday that I didn't meet their pre screening requirements based on my MCAT score but that I could submit my ACT score. So I submitted that score on Friday and this morning I received an email for me to complete their secondary. Does anyone have any insight as to what their preferences are regarding the Academic Index Score? Mine is 120 I believe but I don't know how that translates.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II a few days ago after I asked for my application status. I hear John Cena is from Tampa is that right?

Hello, would u plz explain if u all like the problem base study for ur classes vs. lecture diss? also if u like NOVA school vs. LECOM-B? I am trying to make a dissuasion ? thx

Where in gods name did you find this thread

Hello, would u plz explain if u all like the problem base study for ur classes vs. lecture diss? also if u like NOVA school vs. LECOM-B? I am trying to make a dissuasion ? thx

in list of DO THREADS????

rejected pre-interview...in state, I have a 3.88 sGPA, 3.85cGPA. in my rejection letter they told me to take post-bac program to improve my science courses gpa....??? (LECOMS sGPA is a 3.4) i have a low mcat 25 (9/6/10) but my sciences are fine. I called to clarify and the lady on the phone didn't seem to know why they rejected me either and had to put me on hold for a long time. pretty weird, but have other interviews so not stressing (just would have liked that cheap tuition ugh)
So did you take the post bac programs. I revived rejection letter today with the same reason