Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Maryland resident here, and so far received 5 interviews, but haven't received a secondary yet from Maryland dental.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure everyone who gets a secondary gets an interview, got my invite about 3 weeks after sent in my secondary app.
I completed the secondary back in September and haven't received an interview yet.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a secondary invite, feeling excited for once this app season. how likely is it to get an interview with this secondary? tia

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
More than 75%, this is coming from a waitlisted applicant last cycle
I've seen a number of folks post on here and Reddit about receiving a secondary from UMD. Do we think they plan to interview them all? It doesn't seem to be as selective as I thought

I've seen a number of folks post on here and Reddit about receiving a secondary from UMD. Do we think they plan to interview them all? It doesn't seem to be as selective as I thought
i didn't get one and i applied in june..

probably most of them! even looking on here the stats they have say they interview upwards of 400 people

• Care
I just received Maryland's supplemental earlier this evening. I completed my UMD application on 6/29/2023 and they verified my application on 10/06/2023.

What are the chances of receiving an interview after submitting their supplemental--barring any glaring issues in my writing, etc.?

Cheers and wishing the best of luck to everyone this cycle.

I just received Maryland's supplemental earlier this evening. I completed my UMD application on 6/29/2023 and they verified my application on 10/06/2023.

What are the chances of receiving an interview after submitting their supplemental--barring any glaring issues in my writing, etc.?

Cheers and wishing the best of luck to everyone this cycle.
It’s very good, have a lot of excitement and faith, but don’t expect to hear back until January 🙌

Do you know how many applicants get waitlisted, and if so, how many move off the waitlist after the fact?
no one outside of the adcoms will know how long the waitlist is
and movement varies from year to year...

Do you know how many applicants get waitlisted, and if so, how many move off the waitlist after the fact?
also, it's better to look towards an acceptance rather than a waitlist...

• Care
also, it's better to look towards an acceptance rather than a waitlist...
100% but the user I asked stated above that they were on the waitlist last year "
More than 75%, this is coming from a waitlisted applicant last cycle"

I'm trying to get a sense of how likely there will be an acceptance if given an interview

100% but the user I asked stated above that they were on the waitlist last year "
More than 75%, this is coming from a waitlisted applicant last cycle"

I'm trying to get a sense of how likely there will be an acceptance if given an interview

Looking at 2021-2022 data

IS #Interviewed/#Offers made (129/75)
OOS #Interviewed/#Offers made (420/237)

It's old data but you can figure out post interview acceptance rates from it. However, my advice would be to not look into these sorts of data too much. Each individual is different.

I applied super early and never got a secondary, do I still have a chance at getting one? I’m assuming chances r super low atp

Reactions: 1 users
I applied super early and never got a secondary, do I still have a chance at getting one? I’m assuming chances r super low atp

i applied end of june and got my secondary last week so it is possible!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Not at all! This is coming from my voice as a waitlisted student at Maryland last cycle and I got my secondaries as well as interview invite in January, so there's absolutely time to get in. Don't lose hope and most importantly, remember you are just as qualified and talented as the next candidate, there's just so many people who apply, so it is easy to forget that. Remember how hard you worked to get here always 🙌

Reactions: 3 users
Not at all! This is coming from my voice as a waitlisted student at Maryland last cycle and I got my secondaries as well as interview invite in January, so there's absolutely time to get in. Don't lose hope and most importantly, remember you are just as qualified and talented as the next candidate, there's just so many people who apply, so it is easy to forget that. Remember how hard you worked to get here always 🙌
So, did you have pre-Dec interview for this cycle? may I ask you what was the reason you didn't get in last time?
I received my secondary recently and I want to prevent any mistakes I would make for this cycle!
TIA !

Does anyone know if Maryland sends out their decision via email (12AM or 8 am) Or they call throughout the day?
Thank you

Does anyone know if Maryland sends out their decision via email (12AM or 8 am) Or they call throughout the day?
Thank you
i think based on previous posts they email starting at 8am?

So, did you have pre-Dec interview for this cycle? may I ask you what was the reason you didn't get in last time?
I received my secondary recently and I want to prevent any mistakes I would make for this cycle!
TIA !
I think it was partially due to the lack of dental experience in the field itself, besides shadowing. During my gap year last year, I got a job as a patient care coordinator at a dental office and mentioned how I got to work both in the back and front of a dental practice

So if we didn’t hear I’m assuming we’ll have to wait until the next batch which last year was Dec 20?

Also got my acceptance email at 8AM!! Congrats everyone :)

• Love
Does anyone know if Maryland sends rejection emails or if they just ghost you after D Day?
I emailed them today and they said if you interviewed they are still sending more acceptances “very soon”

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I paid my secondary 2 months ago but still haven’t gotten an interview. Are they going to be sending out more interviews?