Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how does everyone feel about their first MMI?
I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would going into it. MSUCOM really solidified itself as my dream school on Friday!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey yall, just curious. I submitted my secondary today but I am having trouble with one of my evaluations being uploaded. Will MSUCOM review my profile for a possible interview or will they wait until that evaluation is complete and received? Thanks!

I apologize if this question has already been asked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall, just curious. I submitted my secondary today but I am having trouble with one of my evaluations being uploaded. Will MSUCOM review my profile for a possible interview or will they wait until that evaluation is complete and received? Thanks!

I apologize if this question has already been asked.
I believe they will wait. You should get an interfolio account and send them through there.

Reactions: 1 user
To those that interviewed, how was it?? Tell me alllllllll about it (within the limit that you're allowed to, of course).

Is there a set time period or an average wait time to hear back from when you submit your secondary?

where did you see this! I'm anxious to hear back even though it's only been like 11 days haha
Oh, sorry, I thought you were asking about acceptance after interview. I am not sure how often they release ii after secondary. Maybe after they review the files from recent interviewees.

Do you mind sharing how long it took for you to receive an II after submitting your secondary? I'm assuming it's different depending on the applicant and time of the cycle, but just looking for a rough time period.

Do you mind sharing how long it took for you to receive an II after submitting your secondary? I'm assuming it's different depending on the applicant and time of the cycle, but just looking for a rough time period.
They will email you ii

It's different for everyone....know some people it took a month and others that it took less than two days.

Members don't see this ad :)

It's different for everyone....know some people it took a month and others that it took less than two days.
I've been complete for exactly a month and haven't heard back, just for reference

Just got my acceptance call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 13 users
Do you guys think there is a big advantage between interviewing on sept 11 vs. sept 30th? Do you think it would be harder/more competitive for individuals interviewing on the 30th to secure a spot? Just trying to determine if a lot of spots are filled up then they might hold applicant interviewing at a later date to higher standards?

interview on morning of 9/11! any interview feedback would be appreciated :)

Canadian here with an II.
Does anyone want to provide any details about the interview? I am concerned as I am not particularly knowledgeable about the current/previous US medical care (i.e. Obama care ect).

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone want to provide any details about the interview? I am concerned as I am not particularly knowledgeable about the current/previous US medical care (i.e. Obama care ect).
I don't know if mmi will go this specific. But you should have enough time to read about it. Actually, not a lot of American knows too much about it. One thing to notice is stay within the boundary of heathcare, don't get too political, you may unknowingly offend people that way.

What are your stats like? when did you finish secondary?

Just got the call! ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Congratulations to everyone getting calls! :)

Would any of you mind sharing if you're Canadian/OOS and when you completed secondary and II?

All these acceptances are making me antsy! lol. I just want a II!

Reactions: 3 users
Do you or @JaymezYu know if there is a deadline that we need to reserve our spot/pay the deposit by? I couldn't find it in the forms anywhere and haven't had time to call admissions

On the AACOM website/pdf it says to deposit by Dec. 4th if you are accepted before Nov.1 but I think you should still call to confirm.

Congratulations to everyone getting calls! :)

Would any of you mind sharing if you're Canadian/OOS and when you completed secondary and II?

I am OOS from Texas. Secondary Completed - 7/27/15. II - 8/05/15

Just landed in Phoenix and I'm still on the plane. Got a call....ACCEPTED!

Reactions: 11 users
This also will end my cycle. So happy! I'm a Spartan! ....words I never would have thought I would say (Go Blue!)

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to all who have been accepted!!! :D Now, since some of you have been accepted, would you mind giving some interview feedback considering it won't affect your results :p.
Lol. I just wanna know how many stations there were! Please and thank you!!

App fully complete 8/1, but I haven't heard back yet. Any chance left.....?

Absolutely, you may not hear back for a few months and still get in. This process is a crapshoot.

Love love your avatar, I am two episodes away from finishing the series!
I've watched it twice. It is the pinnacle of television. Will apply what I've learned to all of my patients. Just kidding.

Congrats to all who have been accepted!!! :D Now, since some of you have been accepted, would you mind giving some interview feedback considering it won't affect your results :p.
Lol. I just wanna know how many stations there were! Please and thank you!!
We can't. Non-disclosure agreement.

Aw man, not even that? Oh well, thanks for letting me know!
Go to your msu app site and they have "what to expect" document, which I think is very informative. If you want to know more about about MMI, there are a lot discussion in pre-MD section you can utilize, particularly MSUCHM, which has been using MMI since 2011.
I believe we have the same interview day, everyone gets nerves when it is MMI or interview in general, but this is just a part of the doctor-selection process. Be yourself, give interviewers what you've got, and I believe they will give you back what we deserve.
Peace

Reactions: 1 users
anyone having trouble accessing the secondary portal?

Whats everyones thoughts on the 3 different campuses?? Going to visit the DMC this week...heard its a lot more modern