Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how long did it take before you got it?
I submitted in June, but my LORs weren't sent to AACOMAS until last week. Once everything is in it doesn't take very long.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take those with IIs to hear back after being complete? I've been complete almost a month and haven't heard a peep...

Anyone have any idea what percentage of interviewed applicants are accepted?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone have any idea what percentage of interviewed applicants are accepted?

Based on last years stats, it's right below 50%.

March Stats:
All AACOMAS Applicants: 5395
Applicants Interviewed: 637 (interviews are complete)
They accept a total of 300

Based on last years stats, it's right below 50%.

March Stats:
All AACOMAS Applicants: 5395
Applicants Interviewed: 637 (interviews are complete)
They accept a total of 300
Isn't the class 300 though? I assume they accept more than the class size.

Reactions: 1 users
Isn't the class 300 though? I assume they accept more than the class size.
You're right, they accepted 319 for the Class of 2020! So interview = 50% acceptance and I'm sure that's not including people who decided to go elsewhere but still interviewed at MSUCOM.

You're right, they accepted 319 for the Class of 2020! So interview = 50% acceptance and I'm sure that's not including people who decided to go elsewhere but still interviewed at MSUCOM.
Yeah I think there's probably a good chunk of people who were accepted but are not apart of that 319 in the class because they chose to go elsewhere.

Hey Canadian applicant here, for my secondary, do I need to upload my LOR before I submit it or do I need my LOR submitted and verified before I submit my secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea when the next batch of II going out?
It seems like they are going out mid week Wednesday/Thursday. When I went to their "See The Sites" event a few years ago, they said that they meet on Wednesdays to go through apps. However, I also volunteered with Anne, the admissions advisor, last week and she told me that interviews are done by a pre-screening process. That pre-screening process is how they base their interviews and then after the interview is done, then the admissions committee looks at your app.

Hopefully we all get interviews soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I had a mock interview today for MSUCOM, and it's making me SO excited for interview day and the possibility of going to this amazing school. I hope you all get II's! :kiss:

Reactions: 3 users
I had a mock interview today for MSUCOM, and it's making me SO excited for interview day and the possibility of going to this amazing school. I hope you all get II's! :kiss:
Where did you do a mock interview? BTW, are you done with the BMS? Not sure if you were in any of my classes. Anyway, GOOD LUCK!

Hey Canadian applicant here, for my secondary, do I need to upload my LOR before I submit it or do I need my LOR submitted and verified before I submit my secondary?
You could submit your secondary app before references are in.

Those of you who have a complete app, do you have three emails in the communication status part of the secondary? (when you log in, under status). My app has been complete but I only have 2 emails there. I'm worried that I didn't receive a complete email.

Those of you who have a complete app, do you have three emails in the communication status part of the secondary? (when you log in, under status). My app has been complete but I only have 2 emails there. I'm worried that I didn't receive a complete email.

I have been complete since 7/18 and have 3 messages in the Communications Status tab:

1. Secondary Invite
2. Secondary Received
3. Secondary Complete

I believe I'm in the same boat, my portal has been complete but no complete email.

I have been complete since 7/18 and have 3 messages in the Communications Status tab:

1. Secondary Invite
2. Secondary Received
3. Secondary Complete

Thank you for confirming that. I guess I really didn't receive the complete email. That worries me, but I'll just have to email and ask.

I believe I'm in the same boat, my portal has been complete but no complete email.

Yeah I don't know what's wrong. I was even told by admissions that my application is now complete when I emailed and asked about my letters a couple weeks ago. I just emailed again asking about this. Hopefully there's nothing wrong.

Thank you for confirming that. I guess I really didn't receive the complete email. That worries me, but I'll just have to email and ask.

Yeah I don't know what's wrong. I was even told by admissions that my application is now complete when I emailed and asked about my letters a couple weeks ago. I just emailed again asking about this. Hopefully there's nothing wrong.

I sent an email as well, I'll letcha know what I hear back! Theyre probably just really busy right now and haven't gotten to sending out the more recent complete emails.

I sent an email as well, I'll letcha know what I hear back! Theyre probably just really busy right now and haven't gotten to sending out the more recent complete emails.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I get a response as well. When was your app complete? 7/12 for me. That was two weeks ago, so I'm kind of worried it's more than them just being busy, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I get a response as well. When was your app complete? 7/12 for me. That was two weeks ago, so I'm kind of worried it's more than them just being busy, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I was complete the 22nd in my portal I believe. Hmm I see what you mean, I'm sure it's nothing bad. Probably just some mishap. I'd say nothing to worry about just yet!

I have been "complete" since 6/30 and still haven't heard about an interview. I'm not sure how I feel about this haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

I called like two weeks ago and they told me I was all set.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

I was also told that over email, but I never got an actual complete email (the 3rd communication). You can check if you got it by logging in to the secondary and looking under status, communication status. Should be 3 emails there.

I was also told that over email, but I never got an actual complete email (the 3rd communication). You can check if you got it by logging in to the secondary and looking under status, communication status. Should be 3 emails there.

I wonder if it has anything to do with them actually reviewing the application or if it's just a problem with the system

I wonder if it has anything to do with them actually reviewing the application or if it's just a problem with the system

I think it's the system because I was told directly by admissions that my file is complete. This was two weeks ago though.

I e-mailed admissions and my file was marked as complete the next day after they responded to my e-mail. This was last week. Never got an official "complete" e-mail from some automated system though.

I am in the same boat as you all. I emailed and was told everything was complete, but no official email saying so.

Interesting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Heard back today and confirmed with admissions I am indeed complete. No third email in the portal or automated "complete" email. I'm assuming it's the system, hopefully nothing to worry about!

Heard back today and confirmed with admissions I am indeed complete. No third email in the portal or automated "complete" email. I'm assuming it's the system, hopefully nothing to worry about!

I got the same response. They didn't mention anything about the third email, but I was told that they can see my app as complete. Hopefully that means everything is ok.

Reactions: 1 users
More importantly, hopefully more II are given out tomorrow...

Reactions: 2 users
Where did you have a mock interview at?

What university? I need all the help I can get.
UM Dearborn. I went to UM Ann Arbor, and AA graduates apparently are allowed one visit with UM-D's career services center. Why don't you try contacting your undergrad's career center?

MSUCOM's MMI is by far my favorite interview from last year...it's actually pretty fun. Just be yourself.

Sent from my A1-840FHD using SDN mobile

What do you think about the detroit campus would love some more information about it!
Well feel free to ask anything, I'd love to answer!

If you aren't familiar we all are in class at the same time so your site selection doesn't affect your learning experience all that much. (PM If you want specifics on the subtle difference in my opinion)

I really love the Detroit campus. I visited all 3 campuses multiple times and picked Detroit when I was accepted. The fact that it in a hospital makes it a really cool environment to study in. Another major benefit is that only about 50 students are at the DMC so I know all of my classmates and it has a small family feel which was a big plus for me. We all work together and want to pass each test as a class, that makes the work load seem a lot better when you have that kind of support. Another huge selling feature is our chairs and classrooms are the nicest! We all have our own power outlets and when you have to sit in lecture for a couple hours everyday those chairs really makes a difference.

The DMC site fills up the fastest and there is usually a waitlist to get in if you aren't lucky enough to be placed there originally. I would recommend you all come visit the sites in the Fall for the "See the Sites" day. They all have something unique that will appeal to different people.

There are a lot of other reasons I love the DMC site but if you all have specific questions about it, or any of the 3 campuses, I'd be happy to answer them for you!

How many people do you think MSUCOM will interview this cycle?