Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like this is my application. I had 3.8 GPA 27 MCAT improved from 24. I had so much volunteer hours, a decent amount of ahadowing and research. Late application. Late interview. Got alternate listed, and accepted from the waitlist in May. I think they truly look at your whole application.
Twins?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Keeping my fingers crossed that there are some very last minute people who decline thier seat with tomorrow being the last business day before school starts..

Members don't see this ad :)
Keeping my fingers crossed that there are some very last minute people who decline thier seat with tomorrow being the last business day before school starts..

Sorry but I kind of doubt it, we just finished orientation today :(

I know people who have gotten in after orientation so I'm hoping that may be the case

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question for those who applied last year: I am applying this year to 18 DOs and 1 MD which is University of Illinois in Chicago. I have an interview at UIC in two weeks and was marked complete at CCOM on 7/28 (and people who were complete after me have already gotten interviews so I feel like I should have heard back by now). I was wondering if anyone knows CCOM's attitude towards "in the area" emails. I currently live in VA so it would be a huge help to get two interviews in one trip, assuming I would be granted the second one. What do you guys think? I can't think of a nicer way to phrase this, but adcoms should understand that travelling isn't easy or cheap and just by making a decision they can make things a lot easier for us..

I am just looking for some honest feedback on whether it is worth it or not for me to apply. Surprisingly I've had some MD's tell me to go for it but I get a different story talking to schools. Here are my stats:

- 3.5 gap
- 21 mcat
- 6+ years of clinical experience
- 3 publications
- 5-6 strong recommendations including Midwestern alumni and preceptors, and DO's.
- former IL resident
- good amount of volunteer work and leadership.

I know the mcat is very weak but I don't know if the rest of the application makes it worth even trying or not. Any feedback would be so appreciated!

I am just looking for some honest feedback on whether it is worth it or not for me to apply. Surprisingly I've had some MD's tell me to go for it but I get a different story talking to schools. Here are my stats:

- 3.5 gap
- 21 mcat
- 6+ years of clinical experience
- 3 publications
- 5-6 strong recommendations including Midwestern alumni and preceptors, and DO's.
- former IL resident
- good amount of volunteer work and leadership.

I know the mcat is very weak but I don't know if the rest of the application makes it worth even trying or not. Any feedback would be so appreciated!

Hey there, I had pretty much the same stat and EC with you except I had a 30 MCAT when I applied to CCOM last year. I got rejected without an interview. HOWEVER, I am an international student while you have IL ties. I would take the MCAT again to enhance your chance. If your new MCAT is solid, I think you have a great chance!

MCAT is pretty weak. Check and see what their minimum cut off is. GPA isn't bad, pretty on par.

I have a question for those who applied last year: I am applying this year to 18 DOs and 1 MD which is University of Illinois in Chicago. I have an interview at UIC in two weeks and was marked complete at CCOM on 7/28 (and people who were complete after me have already gotten interviews so I feel like I should have heard back by now). I was wondering if anyone knows CCOM's attitude towards "in the area" emails. I currently live in VA so it would be a huge help to get two interviews in one trip, assuming I would be granted the second one. What do you guys think? I can't think of a nicer way to phrase this, but adcoms should understand that travelling isn't easy or cheap and just by making a decision they can make things a lot easier for us..
why did you only apply 1 md?