Missouri c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here... Checking everything 50x a day LOL

Members don't see this ad.

No one ever said, but is it normal for them to send the emails so late in the day?

Maybe if I watch it diligently for the next week, something will magically appear lol

In all honesty I am sort of surprised I wasn't invited to interview. I believed that I had decent statistics for this school and have seen people, who I believe are undeserving honestly, get accepted in mizzou with worse stats. Not saying that Mizzou has low standards by any means though.

Edit: sorry I realize this seemed unprofessional and I apologize for this (also I meant ethics not stats oops)

@haley120892 I think I saw somewhere that someone got their e-mail at 11:35 pm but I think it was in 2009.. I got a little desperate and went WAAYY back lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel you completely!!! This is pretty much hheart breaking for me cause I have a crappy GRD but good GPAs so I thought mizzou was my best bet....I'm still hopino but it doesn't look good.

Yeah based on what you put for your U of I stuff, it looks like grade-wise and GRE-wise we are pretty much at the same standing.

Nooooo nothing yet :dead: I officially feel like puking...

I'm not going to get worried quite yet about not getting an interview invitation but I agree it is a little disheartening.

On the other hand, I also know that they accept some applicants immediately without having to interview. Perhaps those people don't get interview invites, they just get an acceptance letter early next year?

Can anyone shed any insight on this?

I'm not going to get worried quite yet about not getting an interview invitation but I agree it is a little disheartening.

On the other hand, I also know that they accept some applicants immediately without having to interview. Perhaps those people don't get interview invites, they just get an acceptance letter early next year?

Can anyone shed any insight on this?
I don't know if I have ever heard of this happening before (at least for OOS)?

D*** pinterest! E-mail dinged and my heart jumped lol

@greeneyegal92 indeed I am lol Senior zoology student just finishing up the last few classes of zoology major and ans minor

I don't know if I have ever heard of this happening before (at least for OOS)?

It's in their 2013-2014 admissions guide, page 12. Doesn't mention anything specifically about resident vs non

Who knows, it was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
@JayBird1625 I'm a Zoology major!!! I'm taking zoology courses and random pre med stuff like miro with lab! haha Small world :)

Yeah I took micro a couple semesters ago and had the terrible teacher (who actually was laid off and lost her visa so had to go back to germany) so I ended with a C in it. Oh well lol

That's okay I have a couple Cs :/ may be one of the reasons I have not gotten an interview notification....

Yeah that is the only C I have on my transcript =(

You're in way better shape then me then :) I'm sure you'll get in somewhere! Is Mizzou your top?

No it wasn't my top but it was definitely up there for the tuition and the how cheap it is to live there. Colorado is sort of a wistful dream for me. You know I'm not sure what my top school would be lol I also applied to U of I (obviously since it is instate), Minnesota, and Louisiana

I only applied Mizzou and LSU. LSU is my dream school I like Mizzou for location. I wasn't impressed with U of I so I saved my money. If I have to reapply next year I think I'm going to add NCSU. I'm just broke and crazy really!

What do you think your odds are for LSU?
If we magically both get interviews there we should try to travel together to save on money

For sure! And honestly I have high hopes but no solid footing. Their process is well...intimidating.

It's in their 2013-2014 admissions guide, page 12. Doesn't mention anything specifically about resident vs non

Who knows, it was just a thought that crossed my mind.

It is in the admissions guide, but for OOS this is not very likely. I haven't heard of a single person that didn't have to come interview. I do know that if you are a Pre Vet Scholar here at Mizzou for undergrad and you maintain all the requirements that you don't have to interview to get in- so I bet that is what that page is referring to.

It is in the admissions guide, but for OOS this is not very likely. I haven't heard of a single person that didn't have to come interview. I do know that if you are a Pre Vet Scholar here at Mizzou for undergrad and you maintain all the requirements that you don't have to interview to get in- so I bet that is what that page is referring to.

There's a different section for the Scholars program in the admissions guide, which leads me to hold on to my hope that my notion may be correct.

In any case, I'm not going to believe that I'm not getting in until I get that rejection letter. Re optimism.

I just emailed admissions and they said that all invites have been sent out. Sad days. Oh well, 1 down 4 to go

Ouch that hurts....so now we wait for rejections? Or hope that some people decline interviews...which is highly unlikely.

Here's to hoping that my in state gives me a chance

I applied to 9 other schools....I am getting really nervous now that all I did was waste my time and money...

Reactions: 2 users
It wouldn't be a waste. Worst case scenario you get tons of critiques on how to be a better applicant the next time around

I applied to 9 other schools....I am getting really nervous now that all I did was waste my time and money...
It's only the first one. There's plenty more chances for interviews with other schools. I actually know several vets who were waitlisted well into the spring and then were accepted. These next few months certainly will be trying, but it's not over yet!

Ugh you guys are right where else did you apply?

Try to keep in mind that different schools look for different things. The first school I heard from after interviews was a straight rejection and I was so worried that all of them would be bad news, but I ended up with good news from the rest because they viewed my app just a little differently. All it takes is one yes :)

Reactions: 5 users
Try to keep in mind that different schools look for different things. The first school I heard from after interviews was a straight rejection and I was so worried that all of them would be bad news, but I ended up with good news from the rest because they viewed my app just a little differently. All it takes is one yes :)

I feel like you are always trying to cheer us up ashgirl! Thanks for that though it's hard when the first yout hear back isn't good news...

As my grand father would say, "That's why there are different flavors of ice cream."

Here's to trying to find a job for next fall; hopefully animal-related...

Ouch that hurts....so now we wait for rejections? Or hope that some people decline interviews...which is highly unlikely.
Don't discount people rejecting interviews. I have a few friends who applied to an insane number of schools and once their interview invites started coming in, they'd send in declines to schools they weren't as interested in. I'm not saying that everyone who's on a waitlist will get called up, but certainly a few people wouldn't be unheard of!

Congrats to those of you who did get interview invites! I'm going to be on an externship in StL at the time of interviews, but I'm hoping to sneak away for a weekend to help out! OOS interviews is one of my absolute favorite events, and this will be my last chance to help.

I'm happy for everyone who got an interview invite! I was a little bummed last night when I realized that I didn't get an interview invite here. I only applied to schools that I knew I'd love to attend, and I've become much more interested in Mizzou as I've heard more and more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might be one of the lucky few who get called off the waitlist. But, if not, I also applied to two other schools that I really like. I'm hoping that Minnesota or Illinois might view my application more favorably.

Chin up everyone--as people have said before, a rejection in one place doesn't necessarily mean that other schools don't see you as a competitive applicant. Go do something that makes you happy and try not to let the stress get to you.

When I asked about my application they said that I was very competitive in every aspect but large animal/equine vet experience (I have a ton of LA/equine animal experience). They also told me that there was a influx of applicants so they had to tighten their criteria and that they have not sent out more invites in the past but with that being said they are allowed to send out 10 more invites after December 1st if need be.

Good luck Mizzou hopefuls!

When I asked about my application they said that I was very competitive in every aspect but large animal/equine vet experience (I have a ton of LA/equine animal experience). They also told me that there was a influx of applicants so they had to tighten their criteria and that they have not sent out more invites in the past but with that being said they are allowed to send out 10 more invites after December 1st if need be.

That brightens my outlook a bit. I'm probably in the same boat as you. I have a ton of small animal vet & animal, a ton of LA animal experience, a bit of equine animal, a TON of research but like...20 hours LA vet experience.

Very high GPA, average GRE

Here's to hoping :)

Sounds like that's a positive sign for your in-state school. Did I see you mentioned that you were an IL resident? Maybe we'll see each other at U of I's interviews.

Did you ask by email or did you call them?

I can't speak for JayBird, but I'm assuming e-mail would be a safe bet if you want to know about something. I had an issue with my VMCAS application after I submitted it, and so I had to contact my programs individually. I sent an email out at 9:45 on a Friday night and Katy Seay actually responded to my concerns within a half hour. I was very impressed. Everything that I've seen suggests that they are VERY attentive to their admissions e-mail.

In all honesty I am sort of surprised I wasn't invited to interview. I believed that I had decent statistics for this school and have seen people, who I believe are undeserving honestly, get accepted in mizzou with way worse stats than myself. Not saying that Mizzou has low standards by any means though.

I wasn't going to say anything about this, but it has bothered me and I think it needs to be said.

It is very unfortunate that you didn't get an invite to interview. But your comment above is unprofessional and unnecessary. The admissions committee evaluates everyone the same way - and if the Committee believes someone is deserving then they will invite them to interview / attend. What you know about someone whether it is GPA or GRE or anything else is not someones entire application. 40% of the application evaluation is Non-academic- which is a pretty good chunk to make up for a not so stellar GPA or GRE. Maybe someone has a lower GPA, but they have awesome experiences and awesome letters of recommendation and wrote an outstanding PS which make them a desirable candidate. The evaluation process is about the whole applicant and that includes so many variables. So what YOU think makes someone deserving or not is your opinion alone, but unless you sit on the committee - you shouldn't Judge someone like that. Instead, it would be better to reflect on what You can do to make yourself a better applicant - consider what was wrong with Your application that made you not get an invite, instead of coming up some some excuse about "undeserving people" getting accepted... Because the Committee definitely saw something in each and every person who did get an invite.

Reactions: 10 users
:) Oh my lord! I saw my email and about died (in a good way). I have heard only good things about their interview process and I am definitively excited to meet some people in Jan!!!

Please do not lose hope yet if you didn't receive in interview--as someone said earlier some dates do conflict. I was "mapping out" the few schools I applied to and they are all VERY similar days. So I bet people who applied to more than me will be in that boat to decline.

Let me second this!!!! I got a straight up rejection from the school I was "most likely" to get into (my IS), but got in every where else. One school's decision does not correlate with another's. Stay optimistic! And good luck all :)

Reactions: 3 users
I wasn't going to say anything about this, but it has bothered me and I think it needs to be said. ne like that...
I can see how you think that but that isn't what I meant by any means. I meant morals and work ethic of some of the people I personally knew from a young age and I held this opinion of those since before I even realized that I wanted to go to vet school. Sure I'm disappointed that I didn't get an invite but I'm not that crazy I promise lol and honestly if I was on the committe I probably would have accepted them as well because they look great on paper and had awesome people skills but, now I'm saying from personal experience and they could have changed by now, I had seen them do some very questionable things for personal gain or just as a short cut at work. I'm not sure where they ended up going to school though.

I can completely understand how you misinterpreted my meaning because I don't come off well in text. I hope I cleared some things if not I would be happy to try again when I had more time.

@swiniazycie congrats and good luck! I've heard they have a really nice interview process that isn't too stressful