NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man thats frustrating. Ya I think I'm probably rejected. I had my app completed the second week of January and I'm sure they've already gone through those. It seems like they've already given out a number of interview dates.

Anyone else have any backup plans?

@ andberg I think I've seen you on the Touro Thread and looks like you got in-At least you have another option should you not be accepted lol.

Members don't see this ad.

@ andberg I think I've seen you on the Touro Thread and looks like you got in-At least you have another option should you not be accepted lol.

True and I'm super grateful, just really nervous about some of the stats coming out lately. The percentage of students who have been getting into their DO program has been decreasing from last year. There was even a handful of students who didn't graduate with their masters. Wonder if they've really increased the difficulty or what.

Have you also been accepted to Touro?

True and I'm super grateful, just really nervous about some of the stats coming out lately. The percentage of students who have been getting into their DO program has been decreasing from last year. There was even a handful of students who didn't graduate with their masters. Wonder if they've really increased the difficulty or what.

Have you also been accepted to Touro?
I didn't apply to Touro but a friend of mine has been following the thread...she also got in. And at the open house the program coordinator told me about 60% of their students get accepted to the DO school, which is still above average and she said it was completely do-able. The hardest part apparently is to get in! But for some reason I am under the impression that this year they got a lot more apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't apply to Touro but a friend of mine has been following the thread...she also got in. And at the open house the program coordinator told me about 60% of their students get accepted to the DO school, which is still above average and she said it was completely do-able. The hardest part apparently is to get in! But for some reason I am under the impression that this year they got a lot more apps.

That was for the year before last. Last year 35/75 students went into the DO program and 65/75 completed the Masters.

So less than 50%. :(

That was for the year before last. Last year 35/75 students went into the DO program and 65/75 completed the Masters.

So less than 50%. :(
Oh no :/ where did you get these numbers?

upload_2015-4-9_17-17-4.png

Beth Portnoy is the Masters Program Coordinator. She responded on FB with this when someone asked.

Man thats frustrating. Ya I think I'm probably rejected. I had my app completed the second week of January and I'm sure they've already gone through those. It seems like they've already given out a number of interview dates.

I got into LMU's program but I just wish nova would move along their process faster. I've heard students in the past ready know about their interviews/rejections at this point of the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I got into LMU's program but I just wish nova would move along their process faster. I've heard students in the past ready know about their interviews/rejections at this point of the cycle.

I was really close to applying there. They give their masters students priority consideration right? Is there also a guarantee?

I was really close to applying there. They give their masters students priority consideration right? Is there also a guarantee?
Their acceptance rate from the master's program last year was 93% which certainly caught my eye. You get a guaranteed interview if you maintain a 3.0. They save the seats for all their master's students on the med track. From what I have heard as long as you do well (getting as close to an A as possible) in MGA and perform relatively well in the program; you are very likely to get accepted since DCOM wants to accept their own master's students

Their acceptance rate from the master's program last year was 93% which certainly caught my eye. You get a guaranteed interview if you maintain a 3.0. They save the seats for all their master's students on the med track. From what I have heard as long as you do well (getting as close to an A as possible) in MGA and perform relatively well in the program; you are very likely to get accepted since DCOM wants to accept their own master's students

That's good odds! Congrats!

Wait do those are Touro's numbers you mean? I was talking about Nova's program coordinator sry didnt specify!

Oh nooo sorry. No I think Nova pretty much has a 100% acceptance rate. They specifically have this program for students to go into their DO program. I heard they don't really want students to complete the 2 year program, but just finish the one year and go on into the DO program.

Wow. I was reviewing their website again just now and realized that biochem was an admissions requirement . Not sure how I missed that all this while but I'll probably be getting rejected since I don't meet the minimum requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry this is a stupid question. When you go into the Webstar at nova to check on your application, does it say anything about your status? All I see is that my application has been processed. When I click on it it shows the info from my application & that they have received my transcripts but no status at all. Does this mean that the application is processed and sent for review? I received a call stating that they have sent my application for review.
Once again, I'm sorry for the stupid question. My nerves are getting the best of me

Wow. I was reviewing their website again just now and realized that biochem was an admissions requirement . Not sure how I missed that all this while but I'll probably be getting rejected since I don't meet the minimum requirements.
I actually called the school back in Jan. and talked to the head of the department. They told me that it's actually only a recommended

Call to make sure. But always good to have a backup. Midwestern for me

I would like to put it out there, they have told us they feel biochem should be a required course and that they would be making it that way...this may not apply yet to this cycle, but be aware of it :)

Last edited:
Has anyone received any rejections or have been told when they called that they were rejected? Part of me feels that if you are rejected that they wouldn't disclose that kind of info over the phone. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Has anyone received any rejections or have been told when they called that they were rejected? Part of me feels that if you are rejected that they wouldn't disclose that kind of info over the phone. Any thoughts?
They told me that a decision has not yet been made regarding my application when I called them yesterday. My app was complete on Feb 3rd.

So I can't speak for those who are not granted interviews, but after the interview process you do not find out if you are rejected until months later (probably because they wait and see if there is any movement or who knows). With that in mind, if you email them after acceptances are being sent out they usually will let you know if you are rejected, on a wait list, or still under review.

Called again today to check on the status of my application and its still pending. Anyone received any rejections yet. I'm wondering if they are just bypassing some applications and will send out the rejections later.

Called again today to check on the status of my application and its still pending. Anyone received any rejections yet. I'm wondering if they are just bypassing some applications and will send out the rejections later.
I've read on previous years' threads that if you don't hear anything by the end of April, you've most likely been rejected.

I remember reading somewhere that the committee meets 1-2 times a month. With that being said, it looks like they most likely won't meet again until after the April 15th deadline. I'm basing this on the fact that some people received interview invites last week.

Just received my interview invite. Only saw 3 dates available.

Just got an interview invite !!!

just got an interview!! picked the 23 rd as well , my stats are low mcat and high gpa , and I applied on Feb 10th , good luck everyone!!

For those who have gotten an II, congrats! If you guys don't mind posting your stats and/or when you guys were complete, really would appreciate it!

I chose the 29th. Anyone interviewing on the 29th that would like to get together after the interview and check out housing and view the city message me!

Hello all. Congrats to everyone who got their Interview Invite! :banana:
I got the II this morning as well. Submitted last week of February & was complete 1st week of March. I am also on the low MCAT, high GPA spectrum (took MCAT 2xs w/ second score being higher). I chose the 29th of this month, I look forward to meeting you guys and visiting the school :)

I wonder if everyone who applied receives an interview or just some?

Only some receive interviews. This is a really competitive program so say 300 apply only like 60 get interviews. My stats are somewhere on this thread but to sum it up I also fall under low mcat high gpa. Took mcat twice second score being higher. I'm pretty sure the 29th is the last day since I believe they let people know starting mid may if they've been accepted.

I'll be there the 29th so I'll see some of you there.

I wonder if everyone who applied receives an interview or just some?
From speaking to the program admission's counselor yesterday, she said that only some receive interview invites

It seems like a common theme is multiple MCat attempts for those who are receiving interviews. Anyone that hadn't taken the MCat more than once received an interview?

Is everyone receiving interview invites from out of state?

It seems like most who are getting interview invites fall into the "high GPA, low MCAT" category. Has anyone received an interview invite with a "low GPA, highish" MCAT?

Native floridian here too, and south floridian at that.
Note last year I only took the MCAT once and got an interview so I'm sure that's not all there is to it unless this year is different based on what they want or who applied.

Native floridian here too, and south floridian at that.
Note last year I only took the MCAT once and got an interview so I'm sure that's not all there is to it unless this year is different based on what they want or who applied.
If you don't mind sharing ...What can I expect from the interview ? Anything I should bring with me ? ...any specific questions they will ask ?

Are interview invites scheduled via phone or email?

Has anyone applying with DAT scores received an interview invite?