Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS alternate #22, like everyone else is asking, if anyone could provide some insight as to how much that list typically moves, I would really appreciate it! Congratulations everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
OOS acceptance!!! Absolutely thrilled. Congratulations everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS acceptance. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted this far and to anyone waitlisted or waiting to hear I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hello, congrats to everyone that got in! Same boat as everyone else asking questions and my chances. In state, waitlist spot 8. I feel pretty confident at that spot but more voices being heard never hurts!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
IS rejection. To be honest I’m not sure how… 4.0 GPA and really diverse experiences (research, SA, LA, exotics, leadership roles as TAs, and seen the business side as well). I thought my interview went fairly well as well.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
omg congrats everyone!!! Well deserved
❤️! Excited to meet some of y’all at admission week and be potential new classmates!

• Love
OOS acceptance !!! quite literally shaking and crying

• Love
OOS acceptance!!! This is my first acceptance ever and I'm a 2nd time applicant! SO HAPPY!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hi all! First of all, congrats to all of you! Accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, just getting to this point is a huge accomplishment in itself and you should all be very proud of yourselves. Secondly, I am IS waitlist #4. I talked to a girl who got in a couple of years ago and she said she thinks the IS list made it "somewhere in the teens." If anyone has any more insight to reassure me, I would so appreciate it lol. I know that is a really good spot to be in, but still just coming to terms with the fact I have to feel like this until April.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS ACCEPTANCE!! I can’t believe it, 2nd time applicant 🥹

• Love
Does anyone know how many OOS and IS students were accepted or to be accepted? I see a lot of acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS rejection, but was accepted to Teo other schools so still a win! Good luck y’all!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
IS alternate #22, like everyone else is asking, if anyone could provide some insight as to how much that list typically moves, I would really appreciate it! Congratulations everyone!

I was waitlisted last year and number 25 and I moved down to 18….the IS list definitely moves significantly less than OOS and whoever denies their seat gets replaced by the same student type (IS replaces IS)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! First of all, congrats to all of you! Accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, just getting to this point is a huge accomplishment in itself and you should all be very proud of yourselves. Secondly, I am IS waitlist #4. I talked to a girl who got in a couple of years ago and she said she thinks the IS list made it "somewhere in the teens." If anyone has any more insight to reassure me, I would so appreciate it lol. I know that is a really good spot to be in, but still just coming to terms with the fact I have to feel like this until April.

Just replied to another question like this above^^
I think you have a pretty good chance! I was IS 25 ended up at 18

IS rejection. To be honest I’m not sure how… 4.0 GPA and really diverse experiences (research, SA, LA, exotics, leadership roles as TAs, and seen the business side as well). I thought my interview went fairly well as well.
First off I'm really sorry. Honestly I feel like they take the interview super seriously based on the percentage breakdown thing. I have close to a 4.0 and I was stressing because I tend to stutter and go on tangents a lot in interviews. You should email them for an evaluation because that's honestly surprising. Are you waiting for anywhere else??? Really hope you get into other schools!

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for the response! I'll just try to keep my mind off it lol

Ugh it was brutal waiting last year keep yourself busy and try do some fun things in the process to keep your mind occupied.
I’m rooting for you!

• Care
IS rejection 😕 This is my 4th application cycle. The rejection never really gets easier. I am so happy for everyone that got good news today ❤ For those that didn't, I believe in you and me. We will get there!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
I have the same story (4.0 GPA, accepted into several other vet schools, and diverse experience) and was also rejected. One of my interviewers was judgemental towards me and even rolled their eyes at several points during the interview. I left the interview feeling uncomfortable and was expecting a rejection based on that. I am so happy for those that got accepted as tOSU is an amazing school. I have seen a few comments about negative interview experiences- I hope they work to change that for the next cycle.

Agree! I had a really bad experience interviewing with tOSU and I was expecting a rejection because of it. I ended getting waitlist but I’m pretty low on the list (#32) so I’m not expecting to get in :(

• Care
I have the same story (4.0 GPA, accepted into several other vet schools, and diverse experience) and was also rejected. One of my interviewers was judgemental towards me and even rolled their eyes at several points during the interview. I left the interview feeling uncomfortable and was expecting a rejection based on that. I am so happy for those that got accepted as tOSU is an amazing school. I have seen a few comments about negative interview experiences- I hope they work to change that for the next cycle.
Yeah I’ve emailed them asking them why. Because I was accepted into Tennessee without needing an interview because they liked my application so much. They said they don’t usually do it but they early accepted me like months ago. All my experiences were with my dads classmates (who graduated osu cvm in 98) and I even shadowed with the class president at his dairy practice. And my grandpa graduated osu cvm in 71. I’m just as confused as you are because it seemed my interview went pretty good, not perfect, but pretty good

• Care
Agree! I had a really bad experience interviewing with tOSU and I was expecting a rejection because of it. I ended getting waitlist but I’m pretty low on the list (#32) so I’m not expecting to get in :(
What we’re your stats if you don’t mind?

OOS wait list #12! I really wish to get in

OOS acceptance! but I'll be turning down my offer to go to my instate school! best of luck to y'all on the waitlist!!!

IS ACCEPTANCE!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ :soexcited:

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Omg I’ve seen you in so many forums!! I’m so happy for you!!!
Now that I’ve composed myself I wanted to say thank you! This was my third application cycle. I have a pretty low GPA. I’ve had MANY rejections and honestly almost gave up a few times. For anyone reapplying: the hard work and perseverance is more than worth it. For those accepting their offer for tOSU it looks like i’ll be seeing you all in the fall!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE! CONGRATS EVERYONE

• Love
Now that I’ve composed myself I wanted to say thank you! This was my third application cycle. I have a pretty low GPA. I’ve had MANY rejections and honestly almost gave up a few times. For anyone reapplying: the hard work and perseverance is more than worth it. For those accepting their offer for tOSU it looks like i’ll be seeing you all in the fall!
I also wanted to say, congratulations!!! I’ve seen you in so many forums and am SO happy for you.

Reactions: 2 users
What we’re your stats if you don’t mind?

My GPA trend is bad cause I had a rough family situation (had a suicide attempt in my family and my parents had a very messy divorce, was really hard to focus on school after that).

So my VMCAS GPAs we’re:
3.34 cumulative
3.08 science
2.76 Last 45

*Bachelor’s degree in progress*

Hours were really good and diverse.

1,100 hours as a VA for a mobile vet
1,300 hours as a VA for full service hospital
800 hours as volunteer exotic zookeeper and big cat trainer
250 exotic vet hours from studying abroad in Panama
100 volunteer hours from wildlife rainforest reserve
1000 hours as a hospice care volunteer

I’m really hoping the waitlist moves to 32. I have two other acceptances so I’ll be okay if it doesn’t, but tOSU was my first choice I have some hope tho because I know some schools have pulled people off the waitlist from the 140s.

My GPA trend is bad cause I had a rough family situation (had a suicide attempt in my family and my parents had a very messy divorce, was really hard to focus on school after that).

So my VMCAS GPAs we’re:
3.34 cumulative
3.08 science
2.76 Last 45

*Bachelor’s degree in progress*

Hours were really good and diverse.

1,100 hours as a VA for a mobile vet
1,300 hours as a VA for full service hospital
800 hours as volunteer exotic zookeeper and big cat trainer
250 exotic vet hours from studying abroad in Panama
100 volunteer hours from wildlife rainforest reserve
1000 hours as a hospice care volunteer

I’m really hoping the waitlist moves to 32. I have two other acceptances so I’ll be okay if it doesn’t, but tOSU was my first choice I have some hope tho because I know some schools have pulled people off the waitlist from the 140s.
But you got 2 acceptances with those stats! That's amazing. ISU is notoroious for having its waitlist move a lot and MN's last year moved 36 spots instate alone so there's a chance!

OOS waitlist #16. From what I'm seeing of previous years the waitlist doesn't seem to move a whole ton, which is a bit disappointing since Ohio is my number one

• Care
OOS waitlist #16. From what I'm seeing of previous years the waitlist doesn't seem to move a whole ton, which is a bit disappointing since Ohio is my number one
OOS moves more than IS waitlists usually with most movement around or after April 15th

I think you still have a decent chance. I was looking at an old post somewhere and someone said that they started off at waitlist position 76 and ended up at 34….the waitlist movement varies year to year but generally OOS waitlist move a lot more than IS.

Any current tOSU students / people who live around Columbus and know the places to / to avoid living?? I got an OOS acceptance and am 99% sure I will be accepting my seat!

Any current tOSU students / people who live around Columbus and know the places to / to avoid living?? I got an OOS acceptance and am 99% sure I will be accepting my seat!
Iv been trying to see about this too but can’t find a group on here or FB

I was waitlisted last year and number 25 and I moved down to 18….the IS list definitely moves significantly less than OOS and whoever denies their seat gets replaced by the same student type (IS replaces IS)
Oof if going based off last year then I'd finish IS 1. Around how often did you get an update, I'm assuming sometime soon after the April 15th deadline? And also was there a big jump during the first update?

Oof if going based off last year then I'd finish IS 1. Around how often did you get an update, I'm assuming sometime soon after the April 15th deadline? And also was there a big jump during the first update?

They didn’t send me an email update until around April I think…and I had moved 4 spaces before the decision date. I emailed again for an update at the end of April (didn’t hear from them and I was curious) and I moved ~4 more spaces and then I emailed again in June and I moved 2 spaces and then the list didn’t budge. They sent me an official ‘denial’ near end of July/early August. Don’t hesitate to email them after the decision date if you don’t hear from them, they were fast about replying (I got same day replies). I wouldn’t email too much bc the IS state doesn’t move nearly as much as OOS.

Will they send tour details to our personal emails or the new OSU emails we got?

does anyone know if they have a lab coating ceremony in the fall for the incoming class?

does anyone know if they have a lab coating ceremony in the fall for the incoming class?
I think tOSU does their white coat ceremony after 3rd year and before 4th year. I am unsure if this will change due to their new curriculum or how they are proceeding.