Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the people that were accepted, did your online status change from 'Pending'? THanks

Members don't see this ad.

For the people that were accepted, did your online status change from 'Pending'? THanks

OSU doesn’t really keep those statuses up to date…I’ve applied in previous years and they never updated it even after the application cycle ended.

Reactions: 1 user
OSU doesn’t really keep those statuses up to date…I’ve applied in previous years and they never updated it even after the application cycle ended.
Okay. Thanks. Mine just still reads 'Pending'. I was hoping to see if there was an update. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay. Thanks. Mine just still reads 'Pending'. I was hoping to see if there was an update. :)
My application status changed *from 'pending' to 'accept/decline'

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
We all heard different dates to hear back from during our interviews. Do they have rolling admissions or in past years has it always come out on the same day?

We all heard different dates to hear back from during our interviews. Do they have rolling admissions or in past years has it always come out on the same day?
Sandra Dawkins just commented in the APVMA facebook group that we should hear by 2/14! In past years, all decisions came out on the same day (except a few early acceptances)
Same! They haven’t in the past
I believe they only change the portal status for accepted applicants. I was rejected last year, and my status was still 'pending' until August when it changed to 'inactive'

Reactions: 2 users
Sandra Dawkins just commented in the APVMA facebook group that we should hear by 2/14! In past years, all decisions came out on the same day (except a few early acceptances)

I believe they only change the portal status for accepted applicants. I was rejected last year, and my status was still 'pending' until August when it changed to 'inactive'
Dang lol I’ve been nervous all day 😂

What portal are you guys looking at? I have the account for the supplemental app and for my osu but when I log in to both of those accounts it’s doesn’t say anything about my application at all??

Members don't see this ad :)
What portal are you guys looking at? I have the account for the supplemental app and for my osu but when I log in to both of those accounts it’s doesn’t say anything about my application at all??
If you click the gray box or 'start' button on this page: Application Status (Status of application) | buckeyelink it should take you to your application status

Edited to add: Buckeyelink is super glitchy on mobile, so I recommend using a laptop or tablet

Last edited:
Is the page not loading? Mine is working fine :shrug:
Good morning. Mine is working fine. Still says pending 'in review'. I wonder if that means a rejection like others have mentioned that they only change for those that are 'accepted'.

Good morning. Mine is working fine. Still says pending 'in review'. I wonder if that means a rejection like others have mentioned that they only change for those that are 'accepted'.

They’re still making decisions at the moment and they probably are waiting to update portals

Reactions: 1 users
Who else is anxiously waiting for an email and checking multiple times a day

Reactions: 7 users
Who else is anxiously waiting for an email and checking multiple times a day
definitely me😅 i interviewed on the 4th and i’m pretty sure that i wont hear anything until next week as Sandra mentioned but i’m still super anxious lol

definitely me i interviewed on the 4th and i’m pretty sure that i wont hear anything until next week as Sandra mentioned but i’m still super anxious lol

Same, I interviewed on the 21st and the wait is killing me I hope we don’t have to wait until the 14th…

Same, I interviewed on the 21st and the wait is killing me I hope we don’t have to wait until the 14th…
For the early acceptances, they sent them on a Friday and Saturday, so I’m really thinking the end of this week 🤞

Reactions: 5 users
For those accepted: I’m curious. Did your acceptance email begin with “Congratulations” or something like “thank you for applying, we are pleased to inform you…”. Just trying to prepare myself when i see the preview of my email 😅

Y’all if you were early accepted expect a call! The dean called me to congratulate me🥹
Just so yall know, I'm pretty sure the dean calls everyone who is accepted, but just after you get your acceptance email! He is the nicest human ever and I got my call literally at 9 pm (Texas time) last year so I didn't pick up because I didn't recognize the number😅 But I ended up calling him back to thank him. He'll probably ask if you have any general questions so just expect that if you get a call!

Reactions: 1 users
For those accepted: I’m curious. Did your acceptance email begin with “Congratulations” or something like “thank you for applying, we are pleased to inform you…”. Just trying to prepare myself when i see the preview of my email 😅
Idk about this year but mine last year said "CONGRATULATIONS!" in big bold letters, though the email subject line just said "Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine Status Update"

Reactions: 4 users
So if we do not hear back tomorrow, that means it will for sure be on Monday right? The anticipation is killing me!!

So if we do not hear back tomorrow, that means it will for sure be on Monday right? The anticipation is killing me!!
i don’t know if it will *for sure* be monday but sometime that week. I looked into when last years applicants heard and looked like it was the 17th which was a thursday. but i’d love to know sooner!

am i the only one having trouble functioning as a human currently? i haven't been able to concentrate all week, and i have a biochem test tomorrow i should be studying for lol.

Reactions: 9 users
am i the only one having trouble functioning as a human currently? i haven't been able to concentrate all week, and i have a biochem test tomorrow i should be studying for lol.
I am too. and with every day that passes I get more anxious. I get excited at the possibility that I’ll receive an acceptance but then that voice tells me it could also be a rejection and it’s such a mind game at this point lol

Reactions: 6 users
IS alternate #19. I know my chances are so low :((

• Care
OOS Acceptance! Thank you Jesus! Congratulations to everyone.:)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOS acceptance from CA!!! Congratulations to everyone who was accepted and I hope everyone on waitlist has good luck!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Omg congrats to everyone accepted!!! We could be future classmates I’m so excited!!!

• Love
OOS Acceptance! Torn between here and LIU (my instate). Congrats to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anybody know how much the OOS waitlist moves for Ohio?? Trying to see what my chances are of getting in. It was my #1 choice and I can’t help but feel disappointed and I hate that my interviewers were so awful as I feel this could have impacted my chances of acceptance….

• Care
OOS acceptance! I’m shaking!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my third time applying to veterinary school!😭 God is so good! Do not give up on this dream! We are all going to be veterinarians!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE! FIRST ACCEPTANCE! i can finally breathe

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
How did everyone's email start? I got an email. But I am so nervous to open it. 😫

OOS waitlist! This is my #1 choice but I’m pretty far on the list so I’m really hoping

• Care