Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am in-state

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure, but I would just send in the deposit and the forms before the 14th just to make sure. Where on the online portal does it say that the technical standard forms were received? Is it under the "requirements" section?

I am looking through this thread now and realized I never replied to you! Sorry about that. But unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question - I don't see anything indicating that my technical standards forms were received, but I just sent mine in not too long ago so maybe that's why?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptance! when did you interview and are you IS or OS?

Also forgot to reply to you! Sorry :oops:

But thank you and I interviewed end of October. I am In-State although I didn't think this mattered?

Quick question. On my application portal I still haven't gotten a completed status in terms of my secondary but I completed it way back in October. First week of October. I know they say not to call or anything but do you guys think it would be appropriate to call about this? I don't want to wait until it's too late and I feel like it's getting to that point.

@NovaPreMed23 The status on your portal will never say completed - as long as each requirement has a date marked in the "received" box, you're good.

@NovaPreMed23 The status on your portal will never say completed - as long as each requirement has a date marked in the "received" box, you're good.
It doesn't say received which is why I'm worried. Both my secondary and the letters received boxes have no dates or anything in them. They received my payment and my MCAT scores. I'm kind of worried I did something wrong...

It doesn't say received which is why I'm worried. Both my secondary and the letters received boxes have no dates or anything in them. They received my payment and my MCAT scores. I'm kind of worried I did something wrong...

I would give them a call. There's nothing to be afraid of. The "worst" thing they could say is that they don't do status checks, etc. But the best case scenario is that they discover some sort of error within their system and can get you sorted out. Better safe than sorry! As long as you're polite and well-meaning, it wouldn't hurt to try imho.

Reactions: 1 users
Email [email protected] too. They replied my email two hours after I sent it on a Friday.

Reactions: 1 user

Gotcha! Then I would definitely call or email to ask - because everything should have a date received!

Congrats guys!!! Did you send individual thank you letters to the admin email or just one for all 3 interviewers? Also, I only remember one of my interviewers names :( i hope it won't look bad if I call today and ask

I did individual.. but if you don't know who to address them to do a group one.

Hi guys, wanted some advice. I've been complete since August but have heard nothing. At this point does it mean rejection since it's already December? Should I attempt to contact?

Hi guys, wanted some advice. I've been complete since August but have heard nothing. At this point does it mean rejection since it's already December? Should I attempt to contact?
They still have it. You're probably stacked in the pile and weren't a first round draft pick.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks to everyone who responded. It's greatly appreciated. I'll give them a call first thing tomorrow morning and see what's up!

I don't mind sharing my stats... 3.5 cGPA 3.4 sGPA 25 MCAT... however, statistics do not determine everything in this process. I understand it is nice to compare yourself to other candidates who have been interviewed but there is much more to these applications than just numbers...
Congratulations on your acceptance. This is really one of my top choices. Would you mind also sharing some of your experiences/extracurricular activities and background? Thanks!!

I have good GPA (3.7) 30+ MCAT, lots of ECs, research at the top hospital in the US with publications, lots of shadowing and clinical experience.

I have no red flags on my application as far as I can tell, and have been accepted to other 'top tier' DO schools.

I've been complete since August, and this is a bit bothering me since I have heard nothing from this school.

I have good GPA (3.7) 30+ MCAT, lots of ECs, research at the top hospital in the US with publications, lots of shadowing and clinical experience.

I have no red flags on my application as far as I can tell, and have been accepted to other 'top tier' DO schools.

I've been complete since August, and this is a bit bothering me since I have heard nothing from this school.

Yeah it sucks. And since it doesnt look good to call, we are in purgatory

I have a 3.73 GPA, 31 MCAT, and double majored at UNC in Chem and Sport Science in three years. I applied to MD schools but want to apply to this school as a backup. Would it be a waste to apply now - is it too late? I don't want to just waste money (not that I've already spent enough)..

I wish they accepted updates that weren't grades/scores. A few weeks after submitting my app I started working full-time as a medical assistant for a PCOM alum. That's an addition I wish I could have on my application!

I wish they accepted updates that weren't grades/scores. A few weeks after submitting my app I started working full-time as a medical assistant for a PCOM alum. That's an addition I wish I could have on my application!

Ask the alum to write them a letter in support of your application?

Ask the alum to write them a letter in support of your application?
Are you allowed to submit additional LOR after your secondary has already been submitted? I wasn't sure, so I was thinking of emailing and asking

Are you allowed to submit additional LOR after your secondary has already been submitted? I wasn't sure, so I was thinking of emailing and asking
Yes -- they could even just email the letter straight to admissions

Anyone else get the holiday card from PCOM?

So I was complete here early November but haven't heard back. Do I stand any chance this late in the cycle? Colorado Resident, 3.59cGPA, 3.35sGPA, 504 MCAT (27.5 on old scale)

Just remember that you go to review as soon as you are complete so the chances of them seeing anything after it is sent is pretty small. Also, there is no way of knowing if you have been reviewed and rejected until after everything is done so no way to know if it will be seen at all.

Hey guys. I received the complete email from PCOM on August 18. I have interviewed and been accepted at other schools but am still waiting to hopefully have a shot at this school! Has anyone completed around then heard back yet? Or can I count this as a silent rejection? Thanks!

Hey guys. I received the complete email from PCOM on August 18. I have interviewed and been accepted at other schools but am still waiting to hopefully have a shot at this school! Has anyone completed around then heard back yet? Or can I count this as a silent rejection? Thanks!
Didn't think they sent complete emails

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know anything about the wait list? how much movement there is and when? this is my top choice and i'm wondering how long i could go without putting a deposit down at another school because if i get in here i would just lose all that money :(

does anyone know anything about the wait list? how much movement there is and when? this is my top choice and i'm wondering how long i could go without putting a deposit down at another school because if i get in here i would just lose all that money :(

Sorry! I didn't mean to quote you. I wish I had an answer anyway.

You kind of answered the question I was going to ask, who has been placed on the wait list and how long after the interview?

You kind of answered the question I was going to ask, who has been placed on the wait list and how long after the interview?
it was about

I got placed about 2.5 weeks after my interview. Still bummed, but hoping for the best!

They have wait list this early?

The wait list depends on those accepted. Usually May is a big time for the MD schools needing a commitment so they get withdrawals and accept people so DO gets withdrawals so they need to accept more people. It is a long drawn out process.

Does that fact that people are on waitlist mean the class is filled up?

I interviewed 12/02 they said that day they had a ton of spots still open

Any current students on here that know a bit about the combined degree programs, such as an DO/MA in Health Care Ethics with St. Joe's or a DO/MPH? Thank you! I was dumb and forgot to ask about these aspects at my interview day!

@flyersfan93 Yes i read somewhere on here that they were delayed this cycle and that they haven't held that many interview days yet

Reactions: 5 users
Had my interview today. Felt pretty good about it. Anyone else?

I have been complete since August. Anyone else complete around then and have an interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone explain to me why I am still incomplete at this school? I have everything submitted and it's claiming it's not complete yet. It stated in the email to wait 15 or so business days to process everything being received. I paid for it around mid-late November, is it possible they just hasn't processed it yet?

Can anyone explain to me why I am still incomplete at this school? I have everything submitted and it's claiming it's not complete yet. It stated in the email to wait 15 or so business days to process everything being received. I paid for it around mid-late November, is it possible they just hasn't processed it yet?
Is there a date by everything required?

Doesn't that mean complete? I'm in the same position