Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure what you're asking? I was just talking about the format.
ohh okay. I was just asking if they asked ethical or situational questions during the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Just submitted. This school is probably a reach for me based on my stats but hopefully my early app helps me out.
What are you stats if you don't mind sharing, trying to get a feel for what the real average applicant is like.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have similar, how far have you made it in the application process?
Sitting eagerly awaiting a II from this school :mad:. But I am from Florida, so there is a chance you could get some feedback before me

Today is the day they can officially start sending out regular application acceptances. Hoping for some good news!!

Reactions: 1 user
All materials were received at 9/26, still no word. Anyone else in the same boat?

Just took a walk around PCOM's campus and it's gorgeous. Anyone interviewing this week?

How long did it take for everyone's supplemental applications to be processed after payment?

Members don't see this ad :)
All materials were received at 9/26, still no word. Anyone else in the same boat?

8/1 for me and still no word. It's the only DO school I haven't heard back from yet. But I am from the west and was accepted to a school I would probably choose over PCOM, so I am not planning on contacting them about my status.

8/1 for me and still no word. It's the only DO school I haven't heard back from yet. But I am from the west and was accepted to a school I would probably choose over PCOM, so I am not planning on contacting them about my status.

Same for me but I wasn't complete until 9/13. Just heard back from PCOM-GA so I can't imagine it would be much longer to hear from them.

yes, she had multiple relatives who were active donors to the program

Unfortunately, they're likely to look kindly on her. Tell her not to fret, as she'll be able to spend plenty of time at PCOM as she's forced to repeat year after year like all of our other less than qualified matriculants with "connections".

Unfortunately, they're likely to look kindly on her. Tell her not to fret, as she'll be able to spend plenty of time at PCOM as she's forced to repeat year after year like all of our other less than qualified matriculants with "connections".
You got that right! They take the places over better people and then can't pass. Not doing anyone any favors but they gotta keep that money flowing.

Couple questions here, is this what a "complete application" looks like since I received no email about completion?

Also, I was complete on 9/16, PCOM is my top choice, but I haven't received an II yet. 3.75 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA, 503 MCAT, any chance?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 12.24.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 12.24.23 PM.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 105
I wanna say its complete. The top of the secondary prompt explicitly states if a date is filled next to every required document then they consider it complete.

Someone correct me if I am wrong though.

Reactions: 2 users
I wanna say its complete. The top of the secondary prompt explicitly states if a date is filled next to every required document then they consider it complete.

Someone correct me if I am wrong though.

If somebody who got an II could confirm what a complete app looks like that would be the easiest. I'm sure it is complete, just feel like I've been waiting a while on PCOM

If somebody who got an II could confirm what a complete app looks like that would be the easiest. I'm sure it is complete, just feel like I've been waiting a while on PCOM
Yep it is! Just like getfat said.

Reactions: 1 users
Couple questions here, is this what a "complete application" looks like since I received no email about completion?

Also, I was complete on 9/16, PCOM is my top choice, but I haven't received an II yet. 3.75 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA, 503 MCAT, any chance?

Yes. When all the dates are populated, you are complete.
I was complete 9/13 with lower GPAs but a higher MCAT and haven't heard yet. I bet we have a good chance. Just have to wait unfortunately.

Does PCOM give any indication of how long it will take to hear after completion of the secondary application? I didn't see anything in the completion email.

Does PCOM give any indication of how long it will take to hear after completion of the secondary application? I didn't see anything in the completion email.
It took me about a month and a half to get an interview invite. They truly use a holistic process so I don't think they go in order of complete dates. They interview those who they are most interested in accepting first and then send out acceptances on a rolling basis. Patience is key :)

It took me about a month and a half to get an interview invite. They truly use a holistic process so I don't think they go in order of complete dates. They interview those who they are most interested in accepting first and then send out acceptances on a rolling basis. Patience is key :)
Thanks for the quick response!

Interviewed today. This school is truly perfect! Would definitely matriculate in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah, I got one. It was like a supplemental acknowledgement email.

Would you mind sharing what that email looks like? Because my online portal says that everything is received but I didn't get an email

"This message is to acknowledge the successful processing of your supplemental application to the Osteopathic Medicine program for the Fall 2017 term at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine on our Philadelphia Campus.

You may review the items received by the Office of Admissions by visiting your online application summary."

Were you invited to an interview if you don't mind my asking?